PDA

View Full Version : basic stars system

Mariogs379
07-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I heard about Aleomagus' post on how to beat the $10 + 1 SnG on PartyPoker and it was a great document to review. I play on Stars, however, and it's difficult for me to apply that info to Stars $5 + .50 9 person SnG. Some of the problems I encountered were that you start with T1500 on stars and I simply don't know how Party works. Could someone write up a similar system for winning on the Stars $5 + .50 SnG or even the $1 + .20 45-person tourneys would be great. Are these larger cheaper sit n go's like the 45 person ones worth my time EVwise?
Thanks,
Mario

citanul
07-27-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are these larger cheaper sit n go's like the 45 person ones worth my time EVwise?
Thanks,
Mario

[/ QUOTE ]

disregarding the other part of your post which seems like yet another "could someone please tell me how to beat these games? i know it's a lot of work and takes a lot of time to write up such a document, but puhlease?"

no, they aren't worth your job ev wise. get a job at mcdonalds, ev wise.

citanul

valenzuela
07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
How to beat low buy-in SNGs by Val:
- read any online guide..u know the ones who tell u to fold 94s.
- post here.

There are 2 way of posting...
the first one...U ask a question( im not a fan of this one..)
the second one...U give advice, if ure advice is wrong other posters will point out.( i prefer this method)

lastchance
07-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Learning to play postflop is something that has to be learned, you can't read it off a document.

morgan180
07-27-2005, 06:18 PM
we'll all get right on typing that up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

seriously - post flop play is critical with that many chips.

wiggs73
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
A lot of Aleo's guide will help you along the way, such as what hands to come in with pre-flop and how much to bet in relation to the pot in earlier rounds.

As for the rest, no one is going to write you your own personal guide. Just read the forum, you'll get an idea of what to do. Post some actual hands instead of "can someone teach me how to play".

Also, from an "is it worth my time" standpoint, I think you'd make much more money per hour playing low-limit NLHE ring games than playing the 1+.20s. If you can kill the 5.50 SNGs, they might be a better option, but they're going to take a while, so I'm not sure about that either. Obviously if you have goals of moving up in limits in the SNGs, then the time you put in at these low limits will pay off at some point. If you are a beginning player though just doing this for recreation and aren't aspiring to move up any time soon, you'd probably make more cash in the ring games. I don't know about at starts, but at PP, the NL25 tables are about the easiest thing to beat I've ever seen.