PDA

View Full Version : Is this FPS?

Nilbud
07-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I think I might be suffering from Fancy Play Syndrome. Give it to me straight Doc!

1). Was I right to check the flop here with three left to act? I figured at least one would bet it with the Ace on board and I might get one or two to come along.

2). Was I right to just call when it came back to me, or should I have raised? I reasoned that I'd make more from him later.

3). Should I have check-raised the turn? I figured he might expect that from trips, so instead I bet hoping he'd raise.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot:
7.50 B

tiltaholic
07-27-2005, 06:02 PM
you're better off just betting the flop.

Paxosmotic
07-27-2005, 06:04 PM
The only reason to call the flop is to check-raise the turn, sup wit dat?

Slowplays are transparent, why not just lead the flop and let him raise his ace?

GrunchCan
07-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but you suceeded in making the absolute minimum you could on this hand. Your turn donk bet totally killed all the action. check-calling the flop and opening the turn is probably the worst possible line here.

Bet the flop and pray that an A gives you action.

OrianasDaad
07-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I lead out on the flop, turn and river.

aces_dad
07-27-2005, 06:07 PM
1) I lead this flop and hope to get raised by an A. Tough to know where the flop raise might come from, with no pf raise.

2) As played I c/r this flop, people are dropping out fast and this may be last time to get UTG+1 for multiple bets.

3) Since you didn't c/r the flop, you should have tried it here. The flop smooth called followed by the turn lead-out suggest trips on this board. Plus, even if the c/r does signify trips, by this point in the hand, he's probably calling the turn raise and one more on the river anyway.

So I think you should lead this flop; by not leading you could have c/r, but missed both the flop and turn chance to do this.

deception5
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Even aggressive opponents will consider folding to a check/raise. A bet disguises your hand somewhat and many many low limit players will peel one off on a paired board. If you're lucky an ace will raise you.

POKhER
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Hey mate,

Lol i think you know you messed this hand up =P !

Call the flop, Check/Raise turn, Bet river. [ BEST ]

Or... Check raise the flop, Bet the turn/River.

I think you just had a "blonde" moment. Nice win.

Nilbud
07-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I had a sinking feeling alright...

aces_dad
07-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Is your reply meant for my comment? My first point was:

I lead this flop and hope to get raised by an A. Tough to know where the flop raise might come from, with no pf raise.

Nilbud
07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Actually, I think the line I should have taken is bet, bet, bet and hope I get raised.

But yes, I certainly messed this one up. Hopefully multiple people letting me know that will keep me from repeating my mistake :-)

POKhER
07-27-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think the line I should have taken is bet, bet, bet and hope I get raised.

But yes, I certainly messed this one up. Hopefully multiple people letting me know that will keep me from repeating my mistake :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd have been called down, But if you were raised i accept this makes the most money.

I personally always got for call, check/raise, bet.
bet bet bet for very passive table.

deception5
07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Yup, my comment was meant for:

2) As played I c/r this flop, people are dropping out fast and this may be last time to get UTG+1 for multiple bets.

aces_dad
07-27-2005, 06:56 PM
I guess I did recommend three different lines here. My favorite lines in order would be:

1.lead the flop
2. c/r the turn
3. c/r the flop

The c/r the flop may not get an instant fold but would make the turn/river calldown from villian harder to predict.

Guthrie
07-27-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I lead out on the flop, turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]