PDA

View Full Version : A nothing hand.

OrianasDaad
07-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Anyone play this different? This looks pretty standard, but there's some places where I could have played it different. Anyone raise pre-flop from the small-blind? Anyone raise the turn with a good flush draw + gutshot to the nut straight?

GrunchCan
07-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I will raise this sometimes PF. The more opponents there are, the more likely I am to rasie. I don't know if I should raise PF, but it sure is fun!

You don't have the equity to raise the turn.

SlantNGo
07-27-2005, 05:46 PM
This looks amazingly standard.

OrianasDaad
07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my hope. I'm sure that I've been playing weak tight in many spots, and I've got to find out where i'm missing out on value.

NobodysFreak
07-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm with you on this line. I'd play it the same way.

Redd
07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my hope. I'm sure that I've been playing weak tight in many spots, and I've got to find out where i'm missing out on value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing weak-tight about not betting jack-high. IMO the pf raise is debatable but I usually wouldn't do it from the SB.

eviljeff
07-27-2005, 09:39 PM
I bet this turn. I think some people will give you credit for a slowplayed 5 and fold something like 66, maybe even a Q or weak A. in general, if you're going to call, betting is much better unless you're highly confident you'll be raised.

Shillx
07-27-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this turn. I think some people will give you credit for a slowplayed 5 and fold something like 66, maybe even a Q or weak A. in general, if you're going to call, betting is much better unless you're highly confident you'll be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 2 others I agree. Against 5 other opponents we will never take this pot down with a bet. Check and call all the way on 4th.

Brad

Buckmulligan
07-27-2005, 10:06 PM
This looks fine, IMO. I dont see a reason to get aggressive on that turn.

dbj007
07-27-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have the equity to raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are nine outs to the flush, and two to the nut straight (so not to double count, the king of spades completes the straight and the flush obviously). We may want to count one out for pairing and somehow having the best hand. If we count all of these as clean outs so that we don't lose to a higher flush nor do we split the pot upon tying somebody with the straight, we will win 12/46 of the time or about 26% of the time. Via this calculation, against four opponents we have a 6% equity edge. I realize that in the long run, these outs are likely not clean. Does anybody have a standard method for discounting flush and straight outs on a paired board like this? Do these dirty outs somehow make our equity edge negative?

On another note, since I see folding a clear option on the river upon not improving, I agree with calling the turn bet. Raising the turn might induce a check from the turn bettor if we make our hand. Instead if hero simply calls, perhaps on the river if hero's hand is improved, hero will be able to raise the river and trap the sandwiched callers and villian for extra bets.

wpzone
07-28-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will raise this sometimes PF. The more opponents there are, the more likely I am to rasie. I don't know if I should raise PF, but it sure is fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, with 4 or more limpers, Im raising also.

GrunchCan
07-28-2005, 12:31 AM
I miscounted the number of opponents. I still wouldn't raise, however. You're not hitting to the nuts, and if you do have an edge, it's wafer-thin.