PDA

View Full Version : Two pair tk on AAQ flop, call good/bad?

docodan
07-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t450)
Button (t630)
Hero (t650)
BB (t1685)
UTG (t1315)
UTG+1 (t750)
MP1 (t670)
MP2 (t1120)
MP3 (t730)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t250) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t700</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls t350 (All-In).

Turn: (t1550) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1550) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1550

nuclear500
07-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Bad call. You are looking at calling UTG, a position that people like to limp/raise big Ace's or big pocket pairs with. You are probably looking at AK, AQ or QQ. I can't see any other hand doing to you what UTG did.

My opinion is you're drawing to running hearts or running straight flush or running Queens(maybe)

Good semi-bluff, but to the raise all-in from UTG? Easy fold.

07-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd say UTG got more help from that flop than you did. I'd peg him on trip As (seeing as how its possible he limped PF w/ AX) but not trip Qs (since I'd expect a PF raise w/ QQ, not a limp). Nice raise on the flop, but you gotta fold to that push--he's definitely got you beat.

citanul
07-27-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad call. You are looking at calling UTG, a position that people like to limp/raise big Ace's or big pocket pairs with. You are probably looking at AK, AQ or QQ. I can't see any other hand doing to you what UTG did.

My opinion is you're drawing to running hearts or running straight flush or running Queens(maybe)

Good semi-bluff, but to the raise all-in from UTG? Easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how this can be a great semibluff if you're going to fold to the all in. that leaves you very short whenever you're forced to fold your semibluff.

you bet the full pot on a bet you're thinking about folding to a raise, into 5 players on a AAx board? the likelihood someone has an ace is huge, the likelihood someone else with a Q will raise you is pretty high too (not real high, but high enough to possibly make folding post betting a mistake.

don't forget you're not exactly last to act behind a bunch of checks here.

citanul

ChuckNorris
07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I really don't like your bet. First of all, if you bet here, why do you bet so much? The best draw someone can have with that board is a gutshot, and you are holding a K, one of the 12 possible outs. And then why bet at all? It's very likely that someone has an A with 4 opponents here. I like checking to get some information. If everyone checks, go ahead and bet the turn. If not.. It gets more difficult and I'm not gonna analyze all the possible situations, but you can pretty safely let go of your hand at least if there's a bet and a call or raise.

It might not be a bad idea to bet smaller for information, but I think you can get enough information for free by checking here.

psyduck
07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
bad bet, bad call. i usually check/fold this flop to any sizeable bet, because the ace is always out there in these games. if anything, a half-pot bet would be better