PDA

View Full Version : The System

07-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Ive read TPFAP and the section called 'The System' and tired it on a lil 1 dollar tourny on PokerStars and I blinded my self down and when I finally went all in (75/50 level) with KQ and got busted by two pair to my top pair. My question is has anyone followed 'The System' and made any money with it? THis if my first post but I have been a long time reader, really enjoy all the content. THanks

SCP

Lloyd
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
In a nutshell, doesn't work in online tournies particularly (and live tournies under most conditions).

A_PLUS
07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
The system was basically a way to give someone with 0 poker experience a way to give themselve some reasonable (i.e. greater than 0%) chance of doing well in the tourney.

It wasnt meant to be followed by people who know how to play poker

transmitt
07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Not reading the book, I assume the system is meant for a game w/ reasonable runners. a $1/0 game is not.

Degen
07-27-2005, 04:43 PM
the system is a fantastic demonstration of how effective pushing all your chips in the center is....i think that if somebody used this system in the party $10+1 SNG's and added a rule or two about pushing with any two when FE was about to go away...they could have a pretty solid ROI

Lloyd
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think that if somebody used this system in the party $10+1 SNG's and added a rule or two about pushing with any two when FE was about to go away...they could have a pretty solid ROI

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Not even close.

07-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys, this is what i pretty much assumed the case, back to the MTT drawing board then.