PDA

View Full Version : 36s in 10/20 NL Short-handed

07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
$10/$20 NL, Tigergaming, 3 players. ($1000 max buy-in).

Player 1, Tight-agressive, $1200 when I sat down
Player 2, Loose-aggressive, $550 when I sat down

I've played around 5 orbits with these players and started to get a good feel for their play.

(Tigergaming doesn't work with the encoder, so bare with me)

Hero is dealt :3/images/graemlins/spade.gif :6/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB.
Player 1 on the Button makes the min raise.

I decide to call. Player 1 usually makes a min raise on any Ace or two face cards.

Pre-flop: Player 2 posts SB ($10), Hero posts BB ($20), Player 1 raises to $40, Player 2 folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Flop ($90):</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I'm first to act. I'm thinking that he has no piece of this board and I should be able to take the board down with a pretty cheap bet.

Hero bets $40, Player 1 calls.

<font color="blue">Turn ($170):</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Okay. I was heavily expecting Player 1 to fold to the flop-bet. What was more suprising however was that he did not raise me, which in my opinion would have been a must if he had a pocket pair and wanted to see where he stood. I put him on two high cards and decided to throw a cheap bet (mistake?) to keep him in the pot for a call and have very little commmitted if he threw in a big turn raise as well as to make him think I am very very weak and may just have two overcards.

Hero bets $50, Player 1 calls.

<font color="blue">River ($270): </font> 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

This makes me a full house. I took a second and tried to find out why Player 1 was just calling. I decided to think that he could just not put me on a 2, 3, or 8 and thought his A high was good. So I fired another medium bet.

Hero bets $100. Player 1 ?????

Now, I'm curious as to how you guys think I played this one and what actions you would take:
What would you do if Player 1 made a medium size raise ($150 more)?
What would you do if Player 1 made a large raise ($300 more)?
What would you do if Player 1 went all-in ?

The pot is at $370 right now, with $230 committed. I have $770 left.

lapoker17
07-27-2005, 04:13 PM
This was painful to read.

So, the PF call shorthanded is OK. However, with a hand like 36, I'm generally looking to hit the flop hard or pick up a reasonable draw, or I'm done with the hand. Leading the flop is OK, but after he calls, unless I make 2 pair, trips or get open ended/pick up a flush draw, then I am done with the hand. Given this turn and river, there is no reason to continue betting unless this is a pure bluff coupled with some good read.