PDA

View Full Version : Fnord push sheet

22suited
07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
I was looking at this... could anyone explain the purpose of the equity numbers in the spreadsheet? At first I thought the decimals were percentages but then some can be greater than 1, so that led me to believe they were a modifier type number for some equation... any insight appreciated.

Moose
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Any chance you can provide a link to this sheet? I confess that I have not heard about it before, but it sounds very interesting..

M.

durron597
07-27-2005, 03:41 PM
He saw it cuz I linked it on the imsolucky HH page.

http://www.stwing.org/~martinja/poker/

fnord_too
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
If you give me the cell range in question I can tell you. The sheet has several things (I don't have it at work so this is from memory):
1. How often you need to win if called to make pushing +ev with a given stack size. (Assumes you get called in one place by someone who covers you).
2. How often you will run into a hand in the given range with n people left to act behind you.
3. Given the equity your hand has against the raising hand how +EV in terms of BB the push is.
4. Given the equity your hand has against the raising hand how +EV in terms of percentage of your stack size the push is.

The last two require you to put in a number for the equity your hand has against the range of calling hands.