PDA

View Full Version : 44 BB bubble

schwza
07-27-2005, 02:28 PM
villain had done the weird high-blind limp a few times before, so i didn't think it was an auto-monster. he also was aware of the raise button.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t730)
Hero (t1450)
UTG (t3505)
Button (t2315)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, hero?

Unarmed
07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm all-in.

durron597
07-27-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

45suited
07-27-2005, 02:33 PM
I prefer "poooosh" to "all-in" but I agree with the other responses. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RobGW
07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Pushing here is risking a 4th place finish with SB down to 630 and the reward is a pittance. You'll still be in the same situation just slightly better. Maybe i've been burned too many times in this situation but I like to be patient with a medium stack.

45suited
07-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Button has been limping before, so there is no special reason to fear a monster. How often do you think he calls this? Plus, ITM is hardly guaranteed. Those 300 chips would look pretty good in hero's stack.

Isura
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here is risking a 4th place finish with SB down to 630 and the reward is a pittance. You'll still be in the same situation just slightly better. Maybe i've been burned too many times in this situation but I like to be patient with a medium stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

7bb is not really a medium stack. And villain needs a very good hand to call here, although I also hate it when they call with KT.

schwza
07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, still getting the hang of the bubble. i thought this was a don't-bust-yourself-in-4th spot. i also have some equity from checking down or from flopping a set. SB is down to 630 if i check and then check-fold, putting him v. close to no-FE land.

45suited
07-27-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
damn, still getting the hang of the bubble. i thought this was a don't-bust-yourself-in-4th spot. i also have some equity from checking down or from flopping a set. SB is down to 630 if i check and then check-fold, putting him v. close to no-FE land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing to consider is that I'd really like those 300 chips out there to put some space between SB and myself. You're going to be the one that he is pushing into if / when it gets folded around to him soon.

MegaBet
07-27-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has shown no strength so I'm pushing with any pocket pair, AK-A8, KQ-K10...and more besides depending on reads. You should also have a good idea if the guy is slow playing a big hand here. Had he done a similar thing before? (ie. limp with the intention of calling a big raise).

AliasMrJones
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I've been bitten by people pseudo-slowplaying things like AT who call and bust me out, but if he's shown a limp is a weak limp I push.

Does anyone like stop-n-go?

Unarmed
07-27-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop f*cking around.

durron597
07-27-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the stop-n-go is only for times when you have no preflop FE (which is clearly not the case here).

Unarmed
07-27-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the stop-n-go is only for times when you have no preflop FE (which is clearly not the case here).

[/ QUOTE ]

It also helps if you're first to act on the flop.
BTW I'm never posting another stop and go hand... EVER and I hope no one else does either.

DrButch
07-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree... 44 is not that hot:

49.4% against Ax, Pair, and Broadway
38.4% against 44+ A9+

Of course, if you don't push, you're out of position and unlikely to get the upper hand on the flop.

With no read on a person, I assume that a large blind limp implies strength and that they'd probably call an all-in on a smaller stack. You're not going to knock anyone out, so there's no +$EV != +chipEV argument here.

I don't think the numbers make this an automatic push. So without a read, I'd call.

Bluff Daddy
07-27-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you have a lot of fe so use it!

AliasMrJones
07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It also helps if you're first to act on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm...you're in BB, opponent is button. I'll leave it to others to elaborate. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I ask because I'm stop-n-go impaired. I've never attempted one and am trying to figure out how to integrate it into my toolkit. I think get it -- PF FE, push, no PF FE, stop-n-go.

tigerite
07-27-2005, 05:25 PM
I love it when people push small pairs on the bubble.. and I have AA

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1868)
Hero (t2124)
UTG (t1374)
Button (t2634)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t475</font>, SB is all-in, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (t4467) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t4467) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t4467) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t4467

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 6d 6h (two pair, sevens and sixes).
Hero has As Ah (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins t4467. </font>

The Don
07-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I might see the flop here, I might move in. I need a read really. If he had been opening with standard raises then I would see the flop. If he was a chronic limper I would move in.

AliasMrJones
07-27-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might see the flop here, I might move in. I need a read really. If he had been opening with standard raises then I would see the flop. If he was a chronic limper I would move in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
villain had done the weird high-blind limp a few times before, so i didn't think it was an auto-monster. he also was aware of the raise button.

[/ QUOTE ]