PDA

View Full Version : Definitely FPS

Scotch78
07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
MP is 22/15/29 over 1500 hands with an AF of 2.9/2.4/2.1. AK and pocket pairs should account for a wide range of his hands, so even if we drop 88 and add AQs, I think he has 2-3 outs against a pair of queens over half the time. So, I bluff the flop. On the turn I don't want those pocket pairs folding, or to get raised by AK, so I slip into calldown mode. River bet is easy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (5.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Scott

W. Deranged
07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Well... it seems you managed to maximize the amount of money you could get into the pot when behind and minimize it when ahead.

Flop check-raise may not be terrible if you have a reasonable thought opponent will fold (which seems likely by opponent's stats). I think it puts you in the tough spot of having to lead down all the way against a mediocre hand of villain's which may not be going anywhere (10 10). Leading the flop may be easier/less expensive if you plan to continue with the hand.

Checking the turn, though does not make much sense and I think it is as likely to cost you a bet (by passing up the turn betting round and suggesting to your opponent it's a slow play) as it is to gain one one the turn or the river. What was your plan if villain bets the turn? (Call turn, lead river?)