PDA

View Full Version : New Blog

Grip 'n Rip
07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Okay, Flame if you must, but I have posted a new blog concerning my poker journey. Enjoy.

www.griprippoker.blogspot.com (http://www.griprippoker.blogspot.com)

Enjoy or delete at your leisure.

grip 'n rip

ps. Honest feedback is appreciated to help make this blog better.

LetYouDown
07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Normally I would completely flame away...but instead I'll post a pseudo-constructive question.

What the hell is the point of a poker blog? I could see the concept if it were for your own personal reference, but do people actually read these things? I just can't see someone honestly caring at ALL about someone else's "poker journey", unless it involved some meteoric rise to the top.

I guess I'm just convinced that blogs are the ultimate waste of time/bandwidth. Aside from girls in middle school with their little circle of friends and "myspace" pages, they get absolutely no attention from anyone, and rightly so.

Isura
07-27-2005, 12:58 PM
lol. Yeah, reading these things is probably -EV for a decent player. I sometimes read Negreanu's and Paul Phillip's blog though, there's some nice insights.

Brad F.
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ended the round with 9,500 chips, what I approximately had a few hours earlier before Mr. Finger trumped Mr. Brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE it when that happens!!!

Well put though....

Brad

AceHiStation
07-27-2005, 01:54 PM
I'll be the anti-flamer... I personally enjoy reading a blog here or there IF... the blog is more lifestyle based than poker based. For example, I would be intrigued by someone discussing their table selections and perhaps the outcomes, but without the discussion of more than 1 hand per post. I would more specifically be intrigued by how the new lifestyle treats them, how stressful it is, and the one I keep looking for and never seem to read about; how do your friends and family feel about your playing? How did you go about telling them? Do they now understand? Don't know if I'm the only one, but I would love to know how some online pros have handled these issues.
Thanks,
-Ace

LetYouDown
07-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Do you play Stud Hi/Lo SNGs on Party? I've seen someone by the same/similar name relatively consistently. Just curious. My apologies if I've asked this before.