PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Weed

Indiana
07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Seems that the consensus on this site is that smoking weed is cool and that everybody does it. I myself have never even thought about smoking the stuff. I am curious as to how you got into weed and what the benefits are. I know I sound straightlaced, but I am not...I am as sinful as the next guy, but weed is not something that I ever considered getting involved with.

Indy

IndieMatty
07-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Don't even try it man, [censored]'s a gateway drug and will destroy your life.

Clarkmeister
07-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Do you drink? If so, I'd ask you the same questions before responding to yours.

sfer
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
If you're neurotic enough to weigh the pros and cons of getting stoned, enjoy the paranoia

TheMainEvent
IMO, the benefits and the dangers of weed are both very minimal. It's a pretty benign drug. But I'm sure a lot of people get more out of it than I ever did.

Pocket Trips
If ever there was a need for Towelie.. this is it!

Indiana
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
I have a beer or two a day at most...Nothing strong...Occasional cigar/cigarette. All of this in moderation. I have heard that weed stays in the body longer and makes u dumb...Not sure.

Indy

-Skeme-
07-27-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I myself have never even thought about smoking the stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister
07-27-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a beer or two a day at most...Nothing strong...Occasional cigar/cigarette. All of this in moderation. I have heard that weed stays in the body longer and makes u dumb...Not sure.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It only stays in significantly longer if you do it in excess. Beer also makes you dumber. You can also use marijuana in moderation just as you are currently using booze. If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

Victor
07-27-2005, 11:42 AM
jsiy

ChoicestHops
07-27-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I sound straightlaced, but I am not...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a straightlace.

Clarkmeister
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I sound straightlaced, but I am not...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a straightlace.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a straightlace.

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal view of "average" for someone around college age is: you've drank a ton, you've smoked some weed, and you've at least tried some misc. drug like shrooms once. If this seems shockingly wild, then the above is probably true...

TheCroShow
07-27-2005, 12:19 PM
weed is fun man, but ONLY if you are from British Columbia, Canada (home of the BEST BUD in the ENTIRE WORLD!) one time i was in a bad mood at my poker game, buddy said here man, smoke this. smoked a J and BAAAAM i was so relaxed.

before you know it, i'm on the table holding on for dear life because my world was tilted at a 45 degree angle, i kept grabbing my chips because i thought they were going to fall over.

i'm not much of a weed smoker, but the experts tell me that J i smoked was probably laced with something. most of the time it relaxes me and puts a grin on my face

Lady Dont Tekno
07-27-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good assessment for someone who drinks, but has never smoked weed. I classify and use it the same way I use alcohol, another way to have fun without any immediate short term risk. When you say you've heard that it makes people "dumb" I believe you are confusing recreational smokers with "stoners".

When I smoked daily I did feel that my short term memory suffered. For example if my mom told me to take the trash out tomorrow I might forget. I think "stoners" are the equivalent of alcoholics. They abuse something that, in moderation, can be a wonderful thing.

There shouldn't be any taboo around weed, and it seems like I'm finding out more and more people I know smoke. Don't fear the bud.

LDT

2planka
07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I've tried it. I don't like it. It gives me palpitations. Not fun feeling like your heart is going to explode.

jackdaniels
07-27-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
weed is fun man ... British Columbia, Canada (home of the BEST BUD in the ENTIRE WORLD

[/ QUOTE ]

Two correct statements!

pmuir10
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fear the bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
07-27-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BabyJesus
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
I smoked it when I was in Amsterdam, didn't really see what the big deal was about it. It really isn't all that great.

You smoke it, then you feel good for a little bit, then you get hungry, then you eat everything in sight, and lastly you nap for a while.
I mostly didn't like it because I couldn't think straight, I wasn't able to concentrate or hold a steady train of thought. I would say it's overrated.

adios
07-27-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does one joint === one beer for someone say of average weight? If so wouldn't you want your money back for the pot? My understanding is that pot is much more potent and the "high" is actually quite different. Beer and wine are consummed for the taste as well sometimes. I don't consume alcohol very often but occasionally on a +100 day, a beer tastes very good.

Frequitude
07-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Depends on how much you've smoked. To a first timer, 1 joint=8-12 beers. To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

Soul Daddy
07-27-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't be right unless you are a total beer noob.

ChoicestHops
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Two beers, so you smoke a joint and you're still sober?

keats
07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two beers, so you smoke a joint and you're still sober?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before. Side effect of smoking tons of weed over the last 3 years though...good ole' natural tolerance. Of course, this doesnt happen all the time but smoking a single J and then not feeling high is proabbly something that would occur with me around 15-20% of the time.

Indiana
07-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Jesus Canadians are easy going about weed usage! I go to amsterdam twice a year with my job and have been to some of those coffee houses around the red light dist. I have never smoked there, just stuck my head inside to see what was going on. I guess my upbringing in the bible belt built a taboo in my mind about drugs in general.

Indy

ChoicestHops
07-27-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent smoking weed.

Lady Dont Tekno
07-27-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent smoking weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, leave that [censored] on the spice rack.

LDT

scream1158
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
After reading so many inexperienced smokers and misinformation, I could not help but reply. I guess you could label me a "stoner" because I have smoked regularly over the past 4 years or so. There are times where I have seriously considered quitting because of the effect on short term memory and obviously the legality. (I dont want to go to jail for weed or have something on my record) I know I could quit if I wanted because I have already quit smoking cigarettes which are way more addicting. I also do my fair share of drinking as I am 21 and going to be a senior in college. I usually smoke at least once a day obviously with some exceptions. To me, weed can calm me down better than anything. Playing poker while high helps me deal with the bad beats and allows me to play more relaxed. Obviously smoking weed to relax myself when I am angry is not a good habit, but I'm not gunna lie, it sure as hell works. I think that alcohol is wayy more dangerous than weed. I can smoke as much weed as I want and still drive a car better than if I had probably 6-8 beers. The reason for this is when I am high I am more paranoid, while when I'm drunk I'm usually in the "who gives a [censored]" mode. Not to mention a binge drinking night of alcohol can give me killer hangovers while I generally feel fine the next day of smoking even if I smoked a ton. I probably could be a straight A student, but even with smoking everyday I was on the dean's list both semesters of my junior year and am ahead of schedule to graduate so it hasn't effected my career goals that much. This doesnt mean that everyone could perform like this, but it isnt a big deal for me. (And yes sometimes I go to class retardedly stoned) Smoking weed isn't for everybody and I know some people that have had really bad experiences with it and swear against it, but if you are looking for a smile on your face, relaxation, and want to eat a hell of a lot of food, I would say try it.

PS. Comedy movies are 10x better while high.

Pocket Trips
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop smokin that cheap [censored] and get some real stuff..

Its all about quality really.

really potent stuff will get you high after just 2 or 3 tokes and a joint can last 2 or 3 people an entire night... Cheap skunk weed can be like drinkin O'douls and expecting to get wasted.

PokerBob
07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It only stays in significantly longer if you do it in excess. Beer also makes you dumber. You can also use marijuana in moderation just as you are currently using booze. If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you also can use alcohol without breaking the law.

Indiana
07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Nice post scream. Actually this is the only decent post yet.

Indy

samjjones
07-27-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading so many inexperienced smokers and misinformation, I could not help but reply. I guess you could label me a "stoner" because I have smoked regularly over the past 4 years or so. There are times where I have seriously considered quitting because of the effect on short term memory and obviously the legality. (I dont want to go to jail for weed or have something on my record) I know I could quit if I wanted because I have already quit smoking cigarettes which are way more addicting. I also do my fair share of drinking as I am 21 and going to be a senior in college. I usually smoke at least once a day obviously with some exceptions. To me, weed can calm me down better than anything. Playing poker while high helps me deal with the bad beats and allows me to play more relaxed. Obviously smoking weed to relax myself when I am angry is not a good habit, but I'm not gunna lie, it sure as hell works. I think that alcohol is wayy more dangerous than weed. I can smoke as much weed as I want and still drive a car better than if I had probably 6-8 beers. The reason for this is when I am high I am more paranoid, while when I'm drunk I'm usually in the "who gives a [censored]" mode. Not to mention a binge drinking night of alcohol can give me killer hangovers while I generally feel fine the next day of smoking even if I smoked a ton. I probably could be a straight A student, but even with smoking everyday I was on the dean's list both semesters of my junior year and am ahead of schedule to graduate so it hasn't effected my career goals that much. This doesnt mean that everyone could perform like this, but it isnt a big deal for me. (And yes sometimes I go to class retardedly stoned) Smoking weed isn't for everybody and I know some people that have had really bad experiences with it and swear against it, but if you are looking for a smile on your face, relaxation, and want to eat a hell of a lot of food, I would say try it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is all well and good when you are 21. Do you think you will feel the same way in 5 years? 10 years?

benza13
07-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Weed is a little different for everyone and I have friends that are complete stoners, yet seem to get more done than I could imagine. I also know people that are useless from extended smoking. In any case, I know it affects your short term memory fairly negatively and I try not to play poker when smoking because of this and because I tend to pay less attention to the game.

That said, weed is a great way to relax and I definitely enjoy a bowl at the end of the day pretty often. It also helps with my frequent stomach aches that doctors can't really link to anything. They are never that bad, but weed definitely calms my stomach so that I can eat more comfortably.

Also, if it is your first time, don't expect to get high as for many this doesn't happen, but I know I got extremely high my first time. May have had something to with the fact that my friends made this their goal.

Brainwalter
07-27-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus Canadians are easy going about weed usage! I go to amsterdam twice a year with my job and have been to some of those coffee houses around the red light dist. I have never smoked there, just stuck my head inside to see what was going on. I guess my upbringing in the bible belt built a taboo in my mind about drugs in general.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Amsterdam is in canada?

Indiana
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I am responding to 2 posts at once...you gotta read them all above to follow the talk.

Indy

pokerstudAA
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

END MARIJAUNA PROHIBITION NOW!

Did you say "smokeable beer"?

Ponks
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on how much you've smoked. To a first timer, 1 joint=8-12 beers. To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

[/ QUOTE ]

The best time is 15 beers and then smoking some quality bud.

Ponks

Burno
07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your lack of paragraph breaks lends credibility to your post

scream1158
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
I do not plan on smoking weed regularly in 5-10 years, and honestly when I have stopped for periods of up to a month for whatever reason, when I wake up I feel much more refreshed and my memory is better. I probably would lean towards never smoking weed if I could go back in time, and nowadays I usually tell people that they are better off not trying it. That does not mean that I regret my decision to start smoking because I wouldn't have some of my best friends if it weren't for weed. Not to mention the first time I smoked was with my best friend and my older brother after the first time I watched half baked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jackdaniels
07-27-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is all well and good when you are 21. Do you think you will feel the same way in 5 years? 10 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 5-10 years later (9 years to be exact, I am 30) and I have to tell you that I still smoke on my "off time". My off time includes after work and weekends. I don't smoke during the work day (or at work for that matter), I never smoke and drive (although every stoner I know swears this is not only possible, it makes driving easier) - I am just too worried about getting pulled over and in serious trouble - which kills the high. I am also married (no kids) with responsibilities (mortgage etc... - like a real adult).

The important thing to understand about weed is that it is essentially the same as booze in that it alters your mood/perception/senses, for some in a good way, for others in a negative way. I used to drink before I found weed, now I basically don't - I smoke a joint instead.

I treat my Jay at the end of the day the same as one would treat a glass or two of wine with a meal or a drink before they eat. Ofcourse, this means that I spend my weekends "drunk" - but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Toke it easy,
Jack

KDawgCometh
07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I am someone who has lots of experience with weed, both good and bad. Now just keep in mind that my point of view is from someone who used to smoke a lot of weed, also sold a lot of weed, and thanks to a good lawyer didn't go to jail for the selling aspect. So I have seen every side of it. I spent 8 years smoking it on a good frequency. It can be very fun. As long as you just remember to have fun with it, you'll be fine. Also, remember that the first time you smoke it, you might not get high, it could take a few times. BUt my recomendation is that you should get high a few times before you come to any conclusions. Your first time you'll get mad munchies and eat tons of stuff. THis will happen a few times, smoke it enough times to get past that. I would also recomend that you be picky with what you smoke. Don't smoke any weed that is brown and basically smells like ass. That is what's known as schwag. It is very cheap, and really just leaves you with a headache. It will give you nothing but bad experiences with weed. Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce. It will be very pungant and you will see "crystals" on the bud itself. It can be of a variety of colors, and is really what you want to smoke if you want to have a positive experience, IMO. If you find something with seeds in it, then look for something different. In good bud you will almost never get any seeds, you will occasionally get a seed here or there, but it will generally be seedless. Good luck and hope you enjoy yourself

jackdaniels
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am someone who has lots of experience with weed, both good and bad. Now just keep in mind that my point of view is from someone who used to smoke a lot of weed, also sold a lot of weed, and thanks to a good lawyer didn't go to jail for the selling aspect. So I have seen every side of it. I spent 8 years smoking it on a good frequency. It can be very fun. As long as you just remember to have fun with it, you'll be fine. Also, remember that the first time you smoke it, you might not get high, it could take a few times. BUt my recomendation is that you should get high a few times before you come to any conclusions. Your first time you'll get mad munchies and eat tons of stuff. THis will happen a few times, smoke it enough times to get past that. I would also recomend that you be picky with what you smoke. Don't smoke any weed that is brown and basically smells like ass. That is what's known as schwag. It is very cheap, and really just leaves you with a headache. It will give you nothing but bad experiences with weed. Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce. It will be very pungant and you will see "crystals" on the bud itself. It can be of a variety of colors, and is really what you want to smoke if you want to have a positive experience, IMO. If you find something with seeds in it, then look for something different. In good bud you will almost never get any seeds, you will occasionally get a seed here or there, but it will generally be seedless. Good luck and hope you enjoy yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you know what you are talking about.

I would hesitate to give any price ranges as those vary from state to state (and country to country ofcourse) but do try to stay away from weed that is dark green/brown in color and anything with more than 1 or 2 seeds in the bag. If the weed you get is flat (like you would get by putting a flower in a book and closing it) and you can easily see a lot of stems/seeds - stay away, it isn't worth your time/money.

I am at work here but can someone post some pics of quality buds vs. shitty buds?

<font color="white"> I feel like I am initiating someone into a secret society - very uplifing! </font>

beerbandit
07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
toke a needed, objects may appear more edible then they actually are

[/ QUOTE ]

PITTM
07-27-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can smoke weed without breaking the law. in my case it is almost EXACTLY smokable beer, except i hate beer /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

rj

robokop
07-27-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy, that's expensive. You can get a great eigth covered in crystals for $20-25 around here (British Columbia).

Ponks
07-27-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy, that's expensive. You can get a great eigth covered in crystals for $20-25 around here (British Columbia).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's incredibly cheap. I've seen all over from $40 to up to $75 for quality bud in my area. Mostly $45-$60 here too though.

Ponks

Cancuk
07-27-2005, 04:20 PM
If your have never smoked weed and want the best experience possible, heres what you have to do.
get on a plane, fly to vancouver, BC, Canada. from there, rent a car and drive 7 hours east the small town of Nelson on the BC/Alberta border just off the rockies. This is home to the best weed in the world (three years in a row winner of the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam). Get a nice big nugget, roll up a fattie, sit on a park bench (nobody will bother you) and have a blast.
cheers.

augie00
07-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Weed is great.

adios
07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop smokin that cheap [censored] and get some real stuff..

Its all about quality really.

really potent stuff will get you high after just 2 or 3 tokes and a joint can last 2 or 3 people an entire night... Cheap skunk weed can be like drinkin O'douls and expecting to get wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke dope but this is basically how I think a connoisseur would view it. I heard the expression once, "In order to qualify you must be high" so why do it if you don't get high or you have to do alot to get a weak high.

Laomedon
07-27-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

If by best time you mean getting the spins and vomiting then sure.

Yeah, so nugs are good in moderation. Moderation can mean different things for different people. Essentially, in my own experience, that means not blazing when I have important things to do. If weed gets in the way of your life by preventing you from getting your work done then it doesn't matter if you aren't smoking a large quantity, it's still affecting you negatively.

Personally, I'm going into my senior year of college, have been smoking everyday since high school, and have found that as long as I smoke AFTER I get my [censored] done, everything is all good. However, if I'm persuaded by my dick friends to blaze BEFORE I get everything done, there are often dire consequences.

Recreationally, my one complaint about pot is that it gets in the way of wild and exorbitant drinking. Generally, it's good for chilling and watching a movie/TV/playing cards, but if I'm going to be going out, getting too blazed really kills my motivation to get fired up.

Word.

scotty34
07-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I got into it because a bunch of my friends did it. Basically I had a weak mind and succumbed to peer pressure. It seemed like a really big deal to me back then, but now when I think back, weed is not a big deal at all (whether you choose to smoke it or not).

After having smoked it for about 3 years, I have actually grown quite tired of it. It was great for the first year, but the high has become progressively less fun. It used to be a great time, where I would sit around with friends, and the stupidest things would be funny. We would laugh our asses off for a half hour til our stomachs hurt, then keep laughing more. It was a new feeling/experience and it was great. Now I get high for about 20 mins, and just feel different - I don't get the giggle fits at all anymore. For the next 3 hours after, I am just burnt out, tired, and often just go to bed. It is really no fun at all anymore.

Benefits of weed are (IMO):
a cheap way to get messed up (I live in BC)
completely non-addictive
probably much healthier for your body than alcohol
mellows you out, as opposed to many other substances that induce anger
a fun social thing to do with friends

scotty34
07-27-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a good assessment for someone who drinks, but has never smoked weed. I classify and use it the same way I use alcohol, another way to have fun without any immediate short term risk. When you say you've heard that it makes people "dumb" I believe you are confusing recreational smokers with "stoners".

[/ QUOTE ]

Associating these two is so wrong I can't even begin to describe it.

SpicyF
07-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi Indy.

First of I would make the distinction that weed is not a drug, like shrooms, E, coke, H and so on. Weed in my eyes are similar to alcohol, but much less harmful for you. I dont smoke weed so v. often but I think it is a kickass thing to do with friends.

One thing to think about weed is the quality. I grade weed like this:

1. The best, the [censored] you want.
2. Avg. pot, which the "man weed is so cool" guy praises.
3. Bad weed, the stuff Pat age 15 gets from mr random at the supermarket corner when buying the first time.

Obviously you don't want to get bad weed, it's just worthless. The avg. weed, the standard [censored] you might get is ok to smoke and you will have fun, but for me I find this also to be a waste of time if you just smoke occasionally. The avg. weed you should smoke if you have nothing better to do really. But the best weed, or "the weed with a name" is the thing you want to do, there are a variety with diff. strains that each has it's own quality. My favourite are the ones with 100% sativa (the other ones contain india, or a mix of both), because sativa is what makes you feel "up", v happy and laugh at anything and everything!
The thing about "weed with a name" is that they have names, white widow, durban poison, dutch passion and so on. I would rather smoke something like that once a week, then having unlimited of standard weed at my disposal.

Too bad this [censored] is kinda hard to come by here in Sweden. Where hash is the most common type of "weed". But hash usually makes you wanna doze of and sleep, it is still fun of course, but the high is so different.

Ok, just my 2 cents to this wonderful thread. And as I said I am no weed expert, just a happy amateur!

ElSapo
07-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Damnit, I just want to know where I can get weed. I have a mix of friends who don't know, and people I'm not comfortable asking. Which is probably a failing on my part, I guess.

I read the other day that parts of Washington, D.C., have some of the highest pot smoking rates in the country. And yet I don't know one person who smokes regularly.

As always, I know the wrong people.

ElSapo

KDawgCometh
07-27-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you know what you are talking about.

I would hesitate to give any price ranges as those vary from state to state (and country to country ofcourse)

[/ QUOTE ]

true. Just from my experience that most good bud has been in that price range across the country, unless you are getting it from the grower themselves. Some states you will be able to get an eigth of good bud for 40, but most of the time it will be in the 50-60 range(this is just from my expereince of course, I haven't been to every state, but mainly in the northeast and upper midwest,IL, wisc, mich, etc)

Indiana
07-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks Spicy,scotty, et. al...So it seems that the consensus leans towards the idea that weed (the good kind) is fun when enjoyed in moderation and is not very addictive or harmful to your body. It relaxes you but you should only do it if you don't need to be productive that day. Some warn that its a gateway drug and allude to some potential long-term memory/fatigue issues. I must admit that I have never done weed, but after hearing this I'm not as afraid of it. Cannot say that weed would be +EV to my poker game, but there are probably some who could use a toke or two (ahem, Hellmuth...).

Kewl thread,

Indy

KDawgCometh
07-27-2005, 05:36 PM
when I puffed, weed and poker weren't the greatest mix unless I was with people who also smoke. so play the poker and then get baked

Indiana
07-27-2005, 05:39 PM
good idea, will keep that in mind...I have boozed while playing and it hasn't helped. Funny though that the best players at my table in the WSOP were chugging...??

Indy

SpicyF
07-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Being productive on weed for me is a big no-no.

As a sidenote i smoked from a vaporizer a few days ago and it is clearly the best way to smoke, totally smooth and awesome. But I also find some some enjoyment from the mystery that surrounds the making and smoking of a joint!

As for weed being gatewaydrug, I do get urges to do other drugs, my favourite ones. But if you haven't done any other drugs I don't really see why you would crave something else.

And yes, pretty nice thread!

KDawgCometh
07-27-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As for weed being gatewaydrug, I do get urges to do other drugs, my favourite ones. But if you haven't done any other drugs I don't really see why you would crave something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

weed being a gateway drug is absolute BS. I think what it is, is that those who are into weed, will also try out other drugs too. I have in my time done more than my fair share, and it certainly wasn't becasue I smoked weed, it was because I was inquisitive about them. I have known many my age to have done coke while drinking but have never smoked weed at all. Someone who is gonna do a drug will do it no matter what drug they did first

Indiana
07-27-2005, 05:44 PM
This has to be the most educational thread ever on OOT. Lots of experiential learning and not one mention of sticking anything in a chicks pooper.
Indy

Indiana
07-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Yah that's another ? I have. Where do you get this chit??

Indy

SpicyF
07-27-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weed being a gateway drug is absolute BS. I think what it is, is that those who are into weed, will also try out other drugs too. I have in my time done more than my fair share, and it certainly wasn't becasue I smoked weed, it was because I was inquisitive about them. I have known many my age to have done coke while drinking but have never smoked weed at all. Someone who is gonna do a drug will do it no matter what drug they did first

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly my point. But for something to be a gateway drug for me it does not mean that you haven't done the drug before. But the general concensus is probarbly that you have not done the newer drug before you tried weed for it to be called a gateway drug.

I am really not sure if you agreed with my point or not. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

benza13
07-27-2005, 05:53 PM
To those that say weed is a gateway drug, I want to slap you in the face. How many weed smokers drank alcohol first. Alcohol is the true gateway drug, because if we classify weed as a drug, then alcohol sure as hell is too. And weed only leads to other drugs for those that are already curious about these other drugs. Now, if you are a smoker then your friends might lead to this curiousity, but again, this is not because of the weed, its because of your friends...

[/rant]

Indiana
07-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Good point. Hard to concentrate over your avatar though.

Indy

SpicyF
07-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure if your rant is directed to me, you replied to my post.
I would say that anyone that writes in this thread would agree with your alcohol gateway statement.

All drugs are gateway drugs for harder drugs tho. The vast majority of drug users did not start out with Heroin. You work yourself up to that stage. Just like playing Super Mario.

WackityWhiz
07-27-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm sure you have heard this song, but if you haven't and you want to get in the mood to smoke, download Blueberry Yum Yum (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Blueberry-Yum-Yum-lyrics-Ludacris/38BDF59103E22C0548256F5F0008AA8A) by Ludacris

It's the nuts

sfer
07-27-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damnit, I just want to know where I can get weed. I have a mix of friends who don't know, and people I'm not comfortable asking. Which is probably a failing on my part, I guess.

I read the other day that parts of Washington, D.C., have some of the highest pot smoking rates in the country. And yet I don't know one person who smokes regularly.

As always, I know the wrong people.

ElSapo

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Adams Morgan and follow your nose.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

If by best time you mean getting the spins and vomiting then sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't really get the spins or vomit at all anymore, product of drinking lots nearly everyday. I really just enjoy chilling and talking to friends while passing the piece around after drinking a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

Recreationally, my one complaint about pot is that it gets in the way of wild and exorbitant drinking. Generally, it's good for chilling and watching a movie/TV/playing cards, but if I'm going to be going out, getting too blazed really kills my motivation to get fired up.

Word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I really really dislike smoking before I go out.

Ponks

MagicMan08
07-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I agree with Ponks. Nothin like getting pretty drunk and smoking. Best feeling ever in my opinion. I mean being obliterately drunk and then smoking is a dif. story.

Mike Gallo
07-27-2005, 07:16 PM

I had you pegged all wrong. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Awesome response.

Kyo Souma II
07-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Weed makes me feel more mortal.

This can be both a good thing and a bad thing.. Sometimes it takes me off onto tangents of thought that would be difficult to reach without the ganj. Sometimes it's a key to unlocking the full potential of certain moods and enhancing my current state. If I'm trying to relax, it can help. If I'm excited about something, weed's liable to make me off the wall about it for a while. I have to be in an energetic mood, tho.

It's bad for maintaining focus on abstract things such as calculus, etc., although you may see a certain side of a problem you hadn't noticed before.

Downsideas.. It leaves me hazy for a while, when it's still in my system. I want it more when I'm drunk. It can also make you very aware of certain physical sensations. If you haven't smoked in a while, you may get overly paranoid about your heartbeat or a tiny pain in your body.

Weed and music is great.

-kyo

Wakko
07-27-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a sidenote i smoked from a vaporizer a few days ago and it is clearly the best way to smoke, totally smooth and awesome. But I also find some some enjoyment from the mystery that surrounds the making and smoking of a joint!

[/ QUOTE ]

Vapos are nice but some say they dry out the back of your throat a lot more than smoking does.

I have seen some people roll joints that look like they were done by robots with lots of math involved. These kinds of things amaze me.

Benal
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If your have never smoked weed and want the best experience possible, heres what you have to do.
get on a plane, fly to vancouver, BC, Canada. from there, rent a car and drive 7 hours east the small town of Nelson on the BC/Alberta border just off the rockies. This is home to the best weed in the world (three years in a row winner of the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam). Get a nice big nugget, roll up a fattie, sit on a park bench (nobody will bother you) and have a blast.
cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't flying into Calgary cut that drive time down considerably?

Pocket Trips
07-27-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
t's bad for maintaining focus on abstract things such as calculus, etc.,

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the exact opposite...

Weed allows me to concentrate very intently on ONE THING, the problem is that it is to the exclusion of EVERYTHING else..

I was writing a paper one nite stoned and didn't even notice a fire alarm went off in my building till the RA came into my room looking for me

hoopsie44
07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
What about weed and sex? Have heard alot of people say weed inhibits sexual performance. Me, it makes me horny as hell.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about weed and sex? Have heard alot of people say weed inhibits sexual performance. Me, it makes me horny as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the person, imo. Some say it feels better while others don't enjoy it much or dont even get to the point of having sex.

Ponks

Ponks
07-27-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vapos are nice but some say they dry out the back of your throat a lot more than smoking does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine does this to me. I'm not really sure if I like it more then just smoking out of some sort of piece. The high from the vap seems to not last aslong to me too. I just got it a week or so ago, so perhaps I'm not doing it completely correctly yet or something.

Ponks

benza13
07-27-2005, 09:54 PM
sorry, wasn't replying to you, just the last post in flat mode...

as far as the sex issue, weed makes me horny as hell as well, makes the sex better and somehow I still last longer on weed than without, all around great. now if it was just tomorrow night already so i would have my bag...

Victor
07-27-2005, 11:00 PM
i smoke blunts or joints or bowls every night while i 4 table.

poker-penguin
07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This has to be the most educational thread ever on OOT. Lots of experiential learning and not one mention of sticking anything in a chicks pooper.
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

420girls.com (http://www.420girls.com) pretty marginal for work (nbut who realy reads a weed thread ayt work?) and yes, weed makes me horny, but so does beer, caffiene, sugar, nitrous oxide. Hell, plain old breathing gets me horny sometimes.

and yes, flying into Calgary would get you closer to Nelson.

The best is a mix of beer and weed - maybe a couple pitchers, then a joint o decent stuff.

Good times.

bholdr
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're neurotic enough to weigh the pros and cons of getting stoned, enjoy the paranoia

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't even think of that. you're totally right. i've even been considering switching from a 'little bit each day' smoker to a 'on the weekend with certian freinds' smoker because of the paranoia . i'm gonna make a post about that...

still, go get high, it's not gonna kill you, and you just might like it.

MoreWineII
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM
it's awesome.

Al P
07-28-2005, 01:31 AM
I think it took me 3-4 times of smoking before I actually got my first buzz. You'll definitely know once it does happen though.

I smoked from 16-28 and haven't smoked in the past 3 years. I'd do it now if it was around but my current circle of friends are just into beer.

First off, I wouldn't recommend joints since you probably won't be able to roll and a J is way too much for a single person. Get a decent pipe and use as needed. Just be sure not to cough into the pipe and blow the cherry out of the bowl.

It's fun. You'll be suprised and see all walks of life that smoke (I've smoked with Doctors, Lawyers, Homeless Crack Bums, Engineers, Programmers, HBs, etc..).

Give a try a few times and see if you like it. Some do, some don't.

Nick-Zack
07-28-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ChipWrecked
07-28-2005, 04:57 AM
I'm not even sure if I should respond to this, but what the hey, the Interweb is anonymous and I'm as much an attention whore as anybody else. So here we go...

I am a COA (child of alcoholics), my old man's sour mash was my 'gateway' when I was about 12. I smoked weed for the first time at 13. I (my phrase for it) 'turned pro' at 17, summer after high school. Never looked back.

Went through college day and night stoned. I should point out, I'm 41, so this is the early-mid 80's that I'm in school. I connected with some ex-hippie/hillbillies who grew in the Ozark Mountains. 'Skunk' as we called it, and thought it was indica strain but I'm having my doubts now, was $40 a quarter and plentiful. It was pale green with bright red hair, the buds were small and round, the plants rarely over four feet tall. My point is, in a day when most people were cleaning the seed out of their crappy 'Columbian' on fold out LP covers with the flap of their Zig-Zag packets, we were puffing pretty good [censored].

I did graduate, with a mediocre GPA from University of Arkansas. Take that as you will. My motivation was never great, and I've suffered from depression most of my life. Which caused the other, IMHO is a chicken/egg question.

I moved to Atlanta to look for work. Found an OK retail job selling cameras and video equipment, connected with new friends who smoked.... and nothing. That was it for almost ten years. I was stoned day and night. I chewed gum at work so I could do a presentation without horrible cottonmouth. I didn't look for anything better in life, because I still didn't know what I wanted to do, other than smoke dope. I paid my bills, drifted from gf to gf, and really didn't do anything.

As the Pink Floyd song goes, "...and then one day you find, ten years has got behind you..." I realized I had to get off the dime. Flailed from sales job to sales job, finally started self-studying IT stuff because of the mad paychecks IT geeks were pulling, and what the hell, nothing else was doing it for me.

I got a decent job and before long moved to California in 2000. Through an old college friend, made a connection my first day here. Hell, I was in heaven, I had a decent job for the first time in my life and some dude would deliver Mendicino county homegrown right to my door! (That's when I discovered my love of casino gambling, also...)

Finally I met my wife, which is what really woke me up. Now I'm married and have a great little daughter, I've been through some treatment for my depression, and life is much, much better than I ever thought it could be. I'm a night poster because my job now is working night shift in a NOC for a regional HMO. I'm pretty happy with it, and I see an upward career path. I'm actually in control of my destiny now.

But, I still hanker to get stoned. My wife hates weed, and that's a good thing because I am most definitely an addict. I would still score a quarter every few months, but I can't smoke 'in the evening'. I treat the [censored] like an addict. I am stoned day and night until it's gone. I consider myself 'on the wagon' now. I just can't touch that [censored] anymore.

I did harder drugs here and there along the way, I've done acid in the neighborhood of 50 times, and of course a fair bit of coke. However, weed was always my mainstay. I do not agree that it's a 'gateway' drug. Rather, I believe weed introduces a person to the drug subculture and the folks who run in it. One will take it from there, how far one wants to go.

My old best friend from high school, my #1 weed-blazing buddy, was killed in the mid-80's while robbing a liquor store. He wiped out on meth, by that time I barely knew who this person was.

That's the end of my long, long-winded story. I think I'm writing it as something of a warning to the youngsters here, though I can see their eyes rolling right now. So be it.

If I had applied myself all those years, maybe I could be in something more of a position of Jake the Bake, who is roughly my age and seems to have his [censored] well together. As it is, I'm behind the 8-ball, but at least I'm living now.

Good luck.

-ChipWrecked

Indiana
07-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Damn Chipwrecked, much respect for this post. Actually, I think you are in 1st place for the best weed post so far.

Enjoyed reading this,

Indy

jackdaniels
07-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Very good post chipwrecked, I'm happy you have your stuff together now.

I especially like your view on how weed opens the doors to the drug subculture and may lead some astray (other drugs) - not because of some need for a "greater high", rather because it is more likely for those already engaged in this activity to be around people who do those other drugs.

All in all it sounds like weed wasn't the best thing that could have happened to you (and prolly not the worst by far). Good on you for taking control of your life and destiny.

ChoicestHops
07-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Good post, Chipwrecked. Im glad to see your life is in order /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MagicMan08
07-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I didn't read the whole post from chipwrecked but I have been to some NA meetings in the process of going through treatment for my dumbass getting to drunk and getting into trouble and it all seems that they started with weed and got a lot worse. I think it really depends on the person, who you hang out with, and the availability of different drugs is a huge factor.

sexdrugsmoney
07-29-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure if I should respond to this, but what the hey, the Interweb is anonymous and I'm as much an attention whore as anybody else. So here we go...

I am a COA (child of alcoholics), my old man's sour mash was my 'gateway' when I was about 12. I smoked weed for the first time at 13. I (my phrase for it) 'turned pro' at 17, summer after high school. Never looked back.

Went through college day and night stoned. I should point out, I'm 41, so this is the early-mid 80's that I'm in school. I connected with some ex-hippie/hillbillies who grew in the Ozark Mountains. 'Skunk' as we called it, and thought it was indica strain but I'm having my doubts now, was $40 a quarter and plentiful. It was pale green with bright red hair, the buds were small and round, the plants rarely over four feet tall. My point is, in a day when most people were cleaning the seed out of their crappy 'Columbian' on fold out LP covers with the flap of their Zig-Zag packets, we were puffing pretty good [censored].

I did graduate, with a mediocre GPA from University of Arkansas. Take that as you will. My motivation was never great, and I've suffered from depression most of my life. Which caused the other, IMHO is a chicken/egg question.

I moved to Atlanta to look for work. Found an OK retail job selling cameras and video equipment, connected with new friends who smoked.... and nothing. That was it for almost ten years. I was stoned day and night. I chewed gum at work so I could do a presentation without horrible cottonmouth. I didn't look for anything better in life, because I still didn't know what I wanted to do, other than smoke dope. I paid my bills, drifted from gf to gf, and really didn't do anything.

As the Pink Floyd song goes, "...and then one day you find, ten years has got behind you..." I realized I had to get off the dime. Flailed from sales job to sales job, finally started self-studying IT stuff because of the mad paychecks IT geeks were pulling, and what the hell, nothing else was doing it for me.

I got a decent job and before long moved to California in 2000. Through an old college friend, made a connection my first day here. Hell, I was in heaven, I had a decent job for the first time in my life and some dude would deliver Mendicino county homegrown right to my door! (That's when I discovered my love of casino gambling, also...)

Finally I met my wife, which is what really woke me up. Now I'm married and have a great little daughter, I've been through some treatment for my depression, and life is much, much better than I ever thought it could be. I'm a night poster because my job now is working night shift in a NOC for a regional HMO. I'm pretty happy with it, and I see an upward career path. I'm actually in control of my destiny now.

But, I still hanker to get stoned. My wife hates weed, and that's a good thing because I am most definitely an addict. I would still score a quarter every few months, but I can't smoke 'in the evening'. I treat the [censored] like an addict. I am stoned day and night until it's gone. I consider myself 'on the wagon' now. I just can't touch that [censored] anymore.

I did harder drugs here and there along the way, I've done acid in the neighborhood of 50 times, and of course a fair bit of coke. However, weed was always my mainstay. I do not agree that it's a 'gateway' drug. Rather, I believe weed introduces a person to the drug subculture and the folks who run in it. One will take it from there, how far one wants to go.

My old best friend from high school, my #1 weed-blazing buddy, was killed in the mid-80's while robbing a liquor store. He wiped out on meth, by that time I barely knew who this person was.

That's the end of my long, long-winded story. I think I'm writing it as something of a warning to the youngsters here, though I can see their eyes rolling right now. So be it.

If I had applied myself all those years, maybe I could be in something more of a position of Jake the Bake, who is roughly my age and seems to have his [censored] well together. As it is, I'm behind the 8-ball, but at least I'm living now.

Good luck.

-ChipWrecked

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Post, I identify with some parts of it myself.

Indiana, take it from me, if it was a coinflip to try it or not, the egde would be on the negative side.

There's still so much we don't know about weed, including the diverse effects (long term) of the different strains and effects it has on some people, and possibly the way its grown.

Sure, you could try it once but MJ generally does make people fall in love with it and I agree with Chipwrecked that it's gateway is into that subculture.

I guess one of the things I really hate about MJ is the loss of motivation. You can't imagine how demotivating it is, and anyone who argues otherwise I can guarantee either a) doesn't do it enough or b) doesn't do anything physically demanding enough often (strenous exercise)

A common argument is "alcohol kills brain cells/people everyday/destroy liver" etc from the pro-Weed people, of which I used to be a part of, but they can't explain the otherside of the coin "weed can potentially cause either the same or a higher risk of lung cancer/weed can potentially cause mental illness and/or depression or 'bring it out in people who might have got it anyway" etc etc.

There are too many variables re: MJ and if I was you I'd stick to drinking a few beers now and then.

One last thing ... most people view addicition as physical addiction and cite alcohol and heroin, things that after your body stops recieving them after it is dependant it reacts with seizures and pain etc.

Physical addiction starts as Psychological addiction, and MJ is off the charts on Psychological addiciton ... just about no other drug causes the Romanticism that MJ causes with its subject ... it is truly that Psychologically powerful.

The problem with 'I'll try it once' is ofcourse Psychological Addiction, try it once and you'll probably try it twice and then end up doing a cone a day and equating it as a different 'beer' for you than everyone else. (ofcourse anybody who does do a cone a day knows its not for long, it eventually becomes 2-3 and then 4-6 as your tolerance goes up)

Stick to beer IMHO, may make you dumb and fat over time but better the devil you know.

ChipWrecked
07-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Another stat often cited is 'there is no recorded statistic of MJ ever killing anyone'. OTOH, a wasted life could be considered a form of living death.

Or, as Chris Rock put it: They say life is short. They're wrong. You make a few bad decisions, life is loooong, baby, terribly long.

bobbyi
07-29-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can get a great eigth covered in crystals for $20-25 around here (British Columbia).

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf is the deal with people in BC buying and selling eights? I thought you people were on the metric system.

bobbyi
07-29-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Although some people here are under 21, so this isn't usually so true for them.

MoreWineII
07-29-2005, 10:23 AM
This is one of the best posts I've ever seen on this forum. Thanks for sharing, Chip.

ChipWrecked
07-29-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read the whole post from chipwrecked but I have been to some NA meetings in the process of going through treatment for my dumbass getting to drunk and getting into trouble and it all seems that they started with weed and got a lot worse. I think it really depends on the person, who you hang out with, and the availability of different drugs is a huge factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the '90 meetings in 90 days' thing. At least I tried, I made it through about 50 days. I found the 12 step system isn't for me; I might be too cynical for it. But I'll never forget the people's stories.... meth is a horrible, horrible thing. I remember after my bud got killed I told anybody who would listen that crank (what we called it) was far worse than coke. It just wasn't on the radar yet in those days. I knew it would be. Anyway, that's what most of the NA folks that I met have had to deal with. Very, very, bad. The phrase that stuck with me the most is from the guy who said, "I thought it was everybody else who was the [censored]. I didn't realize until I got clean that it was me all along."

Thanks for the good word everybody. I appreciate it. OOT really does have a heart. Makes me feel pretty good.

*ahem* Now back to SIIHP! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

somethingstupid
07-30-2005, 02:55 AM
Holy [censored] be an adult and make your own life decisions.

Riskwise
07-30-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically its just as fun as alcohol but you are less wreckless and no hangover.

there is nothing addicting in weed besides the experience.

the only time you really shouldn't do it is before class.

and anyone who hasn't at least tried it, should.

all that gateway drug [censored] basically means if your a dumbass you could get sucked into worse [censored], but it doesn't matter anyways cause your a dumbass that has probably already failed in life.

beerbandit
07-30-2005, 08:31 AM
----we have only [censored] here right now, not so tasty

crownjules
07-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I would say that marijuana IS a gateway drug, much more so than alcohol. No one really thinks of alcohol as a drug and even if you did, it's legal and something that the greater portion of people in this world enjoy in some form or another. I doubt very few people began drinking and then thought to themselves "Hey, now that I've gotten drunk X amount of times I should go try some illegal drugs and see how they work out."

First of all, getting into marijuana will probably make you more receptive to the idea of doing other drugs. You've done one illegal drug, why not another? If you started smoking weed then you're probably the explorative type. Peer pressure may also play a bit of a role. Finally, whoever you buy weed from probably has access to many other types of drugs and continuously hearing about them may just wear on you to the point where you figure you have to try this stuff to see what everyone likes about it.

I got into weed and a few months later did shrooms for my first time. I've also done E once. That's the extent of my drug useage past weed. I doubt I would have done those if I never did weed, and I very seriously doubt there was any connection at all to alcohol.

x2ski
07-31-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say that marijuana IS a gateway drug, much more so than alcohol. No one really thinks of alcohol as a drug and even if you did, it's legal and something that the greater portion of people in this world enjoy in some form or another. I doubt very few people began drinking and then thought to themselves "Hey, now that I've gotten drunk X amount of times I should go try some illegal drugs and see how they work out."

First of all, getting into marijuana will probably make you more receptive to the idea of doing other drugs. You've done one illegal drug, why not another? If you started smoking weed then you're probably the explorative type. Peer pressure may also play a bit of a role. Finally, whoever you buy weed from probably has access to many other types of drugs and continuously hearing about them may just wear on you to the point where you figure you have to try this stuff to see what everyone likes about it.

I got into weed and a few months later did shrooms for my first time. I've also done E once. That's the extent of my drug useage past weed. I doubt I would have done those if I never did weed, and I very seriously doubt there was any connection at all to alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, but I totally disagree with you.

As another poster said, you're an idiot if you move on to "harder" drugs after experimenting with weed. You would have "moved on" regardless.

I will even go so far to say that alcohol is possibly more of a gateway drug than marijuana is, because basically, with alcohol, the more you drink the more your inhibitions decrease and the more you start thinking, "Whatever, bring it on!" as opposed to marijuana, where the more you smoke, the more you start thinking "I'm so [censored] up man, I'm so [censored] up... I gotta go home... dude, there's no way I'm drivin'.

"I gotta go outside."

I did acid a few times and it sucked. I did shoroms a few times and, in moderation, it can be a fun party buzz. But my mind interprets stuff too logically to be able to handle all that psychedelic stuff.

I have never touched coke or X or whatever, 'cause that [censored] fucks up lives. A little weed each and every day doesn't, as long as you are a responsible human being to begin with.

Done.

Riskwise
07-31-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice touch.