PDA

View Full Version : QTo folded to in SB on bubble, Blinds 250/500 Push?

burgi
07-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi,
this is a situation that just came up in a $55.

I'm SB with about 3100, BB has 2900, other bigger stack has also around 2900. Small stack 1100.
I post SB of 250, BB posts 500.
I have been playing very aggressively on the bubble, pushing almost every hand from the SB that was folded to me. I was called once and sucked out with 94o against K5o (the current BB).
I'm dealt QTo. What should be my move? Is there any reason not to push this? The small stack maybe, who will be forced to make a move shortly?
Or is this a clear push because BB will only call with premium hands because he also doesn't want to bust on the bubble with the short stack on hte table.
Your thoughts please!

bluefeet
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
+ QTo is a little better than random
+ BB does in fact have to consider short stack when contimplating the call
+ another t750 here keeps you out in front of a shortie double-up
+ double-up yourself, and you own the table

- "pushing almost every hand from the SB that was folded to me"
- "...against K5o" (previous calling hand)
- bust and hate yourself for a week

tough one. since it's your money /images/graemlins/wink.gif, i'd push. if BB has the nads to make this call (short of a monster), than hat's off to him...

ChrisV
07-27-2005, 10:58 AM
I think you should fold given your aggressive pushing and earlier suckout against BB. The possibility of a spite call is very real. Brinksmanship like this in SNGs depends on having a rational opponent. At this point you might well not have one.

EDIT: Actually, I think it depends on whose blind it is next. If shorty is up next, fold because you won't have time to exploit your chip advantage. Otherwise raise and then raise any two again the next hand.

schwza
07-27-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brinksmanship

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never heard that used in this context. i like it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChrisV
07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brinksmanship

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never heard that used in this context. i like it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a term that gets used sometimes in game theory. I also have a post brewing that will liken SNGs to the Cold War (no, really). It will hopefully encompass concepts like Mutually Assured Destruction and victory by depriving your enemy of resources. I'm still working out how the Cuban Missile Crisis is going to fit.

durron597
07-27-2005, 11:23 AM
This is one of the more obvious bubble pushes on this forum in the last few days.

burgi
07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Actually, I think it depends on whose blind it is next. If shorty is up next, fold because you won't have time to exploit your chip advantage. Otherwise raise and then raise any two again the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be the other big stack's BB in the next hand and he is very weak because he had 5000 at the beginning of hte bubble and has not pushed once yet!

schwza
07-27-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
liken SNGs to the Cold War (no, really)

[/ QUOTE ]

as you probably know, a lot of game theory was invented during the cold war, so this should fit pretty naturally.

i had thought of this kind of bubble situation as "mutually assured destruction" but it's at best really "mutually assured possibility of destruction." i like brinkmanship better.