PDA

View Full Version : Bubble pushing in two different scenarios

Wevie
07-27-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem with my bubble play.

First, if Im to the right of a SMALL stack. Do I push medium hands knowing I'll probably be called with any two or do I wait for premium hands? I've been pushing mediums and sucked out by any two's a lot.

Second when I'm to the right of a LARGE stack if I'm less than average stacked. I'm afraid to push here thinking he will see me as desperate.

Your thoughts?

ChrisV
07-27-2005, 11:09 AM
These are rather general questions, but...

(1) It depends on several factors. If you're the big stack, you should avoid trying to get small edges off the short stack and leave him in peace. Bully the medium stacks instead. If you're one of the medium stacks, it depends on how the other players are playing and your stack size.

Factors that might cause you to raise a marginal hand are:

- The big stack is bullying you
- The other players are very tight and you think that next time it's the short stack's blind, they'll all just fold to you again.
- You think another player might fold when the short stack raises and pot odds dictate a call, thus letting him "escape".
- Your stack is pretty short as well and you're in danger of getting eaten by the blinds.

Obviously, the inverse of these will cause you to be more inclined to fold.

(2) Avoid tangling with the big stack if you have a medium stack. If you're the short stack or close to it, though, don't be hesitant to mess with the big stack.