PDA

View Full Version : slow rolling thoughts?

oddjob
03-04-2003, 07:21 PM
an occurance happened when a player slow rolled another player at my table, and i got a bit miffed at it. there was a 4 flush by the river, and when he turned over, he said something like, "i only got a pair... and the king of clubs." the other play got a bit steamed i could tell, cause he had a made flush on the turn and was relieved at first when the other guy said he had a pair, but he didn't say anything.

i turned to the other guy said "slowroll, that's not cool", and he replied, "well i'm losing, so i have to have fun somehow"

he could tell that i wasn't happy about it, i then said, "whatever, if that's the way you're going to play it, then it's your call" as i was beating him up a bit and was planning on slowrolling him as much as i could.

he actually cooled it after that and didn't do it again.

should i have gotten so bent out of shape about it? and if he continued to do so, would it have been uncool for me to do the same to him? where i play. it's just proper etiquette not to pull such moves. does this happen where you play?

just wanted to know other's take on this situation.

Toro
03-04-2003, 07:40 PM
I think that this happens occasionally just about everywhere and it is definitely uncool. It's the one thing that will put me on tilt. For some reason, it puts me right over the edge. So when it happens, I try to get a table change because I find it very difficult to keep my head in the game. I definitely wouldn't try to retaliate since you'ld just be lowering yourself to his level.

Jimbo
03-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Personally if he is a losing player and just wants to have fun I would shut my mouth and take his chips.

Dynasty
03-04-2003, 08:40 PM
I don't know why slowrolling annoyss people so much. It's never bothered me.

**MR.MANHATTAN**
03-04-2003, 09:21 PM
im w/jimbo and dynasty.u gave great reasons for slowrolling,puts oyherwise reasonabl players on tilt. gets them off the table.so u must let what is be.poker is not for those who need queen of marqsbry. rules.. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

J.R.
03-04-2003, 09:25 PM
I agree with Dynasty. Ignore their idiocy as cards speak. Who cares what some hothead or moron says, I don't do a thing until they flip up their cards.

FYI, I don't know what you were playing but slowrolling is very prominent amongst the Asian 5-5 contingent.

Tyler Durden
03-05-2003, 04:02 PM
I was playing in the pink game at the Trop in AC this past weekend and there was an old foreign man who was slowrolling virtually every chance he got. It steamed me when I was the victim, it steamed others when they were the victim. He either didn't understand the problem or was just acting like an ass. Hard to tell.

I was tempted to throw a white chip at his face. If I had been drinking, I think I might have done it. If they threw me out, it would have been worth it.

I didn't get many chances to slowroll him after I decided that I was going to. He wasn't a good player either.

I think it's a terrible thing to do. As far as "stooping down to their level" an argument can be made for that, but it's not going to stop me. Let's see how the geriatric likes it.

I'll do it to him in the future if I see him there again.

Boris
03-05-2003, 06:24 PM
I agree. In fact I think slow-rolling is pretty funny. I always have to suppress a chuckle when I see some poor guy get slow rolled. Kind of like when you were a little kid and your buddy scraped his knee or bonked his head. It was always real hard not laugh at your friend's small misfortune.