PDA

View Full Version : did i play this correctly??

07-27-2005, 09:58 AM
I have been lurking around for a while and this is my first post. I do not have the hand history with me at work so this just off the top of my head, sorry.

Poker Stars $5 stt, blinds are 25/50 and will be going up to 50/100 next hand. I am the small stack with about t1200, 6 other players, 3 big stacks, the other stacks have between 100-500 more chips than me.

I am UTG and dealt QQ, I bet 400 with the intention of going all in with any flop, I get 2 callers. Flop is 2 4 10 rainbow and I push.

Right call? Should have I pushed PF?

Maulik
07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
You could have simply bet 200 and gotten away from the flop if you didn't like it,but blinds go up.

This is the texture flop you want to see assuming there are no 2 or 3 flushes, pushing this flop is fine.

Superfluous Man
07-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I probably would have bet less preflop, an 8x BB preflop raise is grotesquely large. I'm surprised you got callers at all (well, since it's a $5 tournament, not really). Also, such a big preflop raise kind of shackles you postflop. Oh, and pushing a 24x BB stack preflop is bad.

That said, this ace-less, king-less flop is great. Push and hope the typical $5 sng donks call and double you up with ATo. Sorry if you ran into a set or got trapped by KK or something.