PDA

View Full Version : AK vs. chip leader, shortie observing....

bluefeet
07-27-2005, 08:51 AM
This one shares only one characteristic with Scuba's....there's a shortie at the table.

25+2 Stars Turbo
Blinds just hit 200/400
CO is on the 'fold into the money' plan
UTG had been min-raising once per orbit, in UTG or CO

[approx. counts]
UTG t5600
CO t1000
SB t4900
Hero t2000

Hero dealt AKo

UTG makes it 800 to go
CO, SB fold
Hero ????

tigerite
07-27-2005, 08:58 AM
I think you should stop and go. Yeah you can fold but CO is only at half your stack, a double up from him and things ain't looking so rosy.

durron597
07-27-2005, 09:04 AM
I don't see the point of a stop and go. If he has a dominated ace you give him free cards to reverse dominate you; you don't want him folding AJ on a Qxx flop.

I think if you fold here you aren't even guaranteed to money and you're resigning yourself to at best 3rd (you only have 5xBB!). Just push.

Paradigm
07-27-2005, 09:33 AM
can someone tell me why there would be any option other than pushing? ESPECIALLY if you claim UTG has been minraising once per orbit (and I don't get the impression you've seen one of his holdings)

pushy push

Superfluous Man
07-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Hero pushes here and utg is forced to call with whatever crap he was minraising. Hero is a large favorite to double up and be within spitting distance of the chip lead against UTG's minraising range. Hero gets sucked out on or runs into a big hand or loses a coinflip.

schwza
07-27-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of a stop and go. If he has a dominated ace you give him free cards to reverse dominate you; you don't want him folding AJ on a Qxx flop.

I think if you fold here you aren't even guaranteed to money and you're resigning yourself to at best 3rd (you only have 5xBB!). Just push.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

GtrHtr
07-27-2005, 10:23 AM
The biggest difference between this hand a Scuba's is the level of blinds. Based on the blinds and your reads, in this case I'd say very easy push. I'm still pondering Scuba's hand.

ChrisV
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Push. If I knew 100% for sure that UTG will call, it would be a close decision, maybe a fold if the table is otherwise tight (because I need blind steals to be available later). Since I don't know he'll call, it's an easy push.