PDA

View Full Version : Did I do anything right?

07-27-2005, 08:24 AM
No special reads, just that the table was a little bit loose.
I'm unsure about every action I did except maybe the preflop raise .. Was I right/wrong and why?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ac Kh (high card, ace).
Hero has Ah Jd (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins 8.50 BB. </font>

lil'
07-27-2005, 08:30 AM
A few years ago, you could probably get away with the flop raise online. These days, it is an invitation for your opponent to 3 bet on the flop or donkbet (bet into you) on the turn. Also, against most BB 3 bettors you are probably behind anyway. No point in getting money in with the worst hand.

Just peel one off and toss it on the turn unless something magical happens.

crunchy1
07-27-2005, 08:47 AM
I don't like the flop check-raise - I don't see it accomplishing much. SB has already shown that he's apt to cold-call (PF 2.5SBs) - so a c/r isn't as likely to get us HU against BB. Even if it was - I'm not sure where you would think the value is against a BB's hand givne a PF 3-betting range in a multiway pot. You certainly don't have equity to showdown UI AJo here.

So on the turn you're getting 7.5-to-1 with 10 total outs which need some major discounting given that you're likely to chop if you hit your gutshot and you're likely to still be second best if you hit your Ace or Jack. I think we can be reasonably discounting this to somewhere between 5 and 6 effective outs on the turn. Which makes it a very thin turn call. It would've been an easy turn fold had you just called on the flop. It's also an easy turn fold if we feel that we're discounting our outs anywhere below 5.5.

But I've left out implied odds. When you take into account that you're going to have to put in another BB on the river to see showdown every time you lose and will sometimes not gain that same BB back when you win - it's an easy turn fold now as well.

07-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Thx for your replies folks.
What about the river? I realized afterwards that I had been representing a flush draw with my raise on the flop and call on the turn. Would any of you have tried a bluff?

crunchy1
07-27-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would any of you have tried a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]
What hands does your Villian:
- 3-bet PF,
- lead the flop,
- call a flop c/r AND
- lead the turn that
- he's beating you with AND
- going to check/fold on the river for 1BB?

drewjustdrew
07-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Is c/r = check-raise? I don't see where this happened.

07-27-2005, 09:49 AM
good hand

edit: after reading lil's post.. I would kind of agree about the turn.. but it depends on your opponents.. I would have probably given up on the turn... but its read dependent.

The raise on the flop is good I think.. with your 7 outs and some chance of getting a free card I like it..

crunchy1
07-27-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is c/r = check-raise? I don't see where this happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - my bad, flop raise.