PDA

View Full Version : 5 Card Draw Hand

Moneyline
07-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Online 5/10 Draw 5 handed

Reads: UTG is loose and very passive in EP (saw him limp with a flush UTG... saw him limp with an inside straight draw from UTG as well) He's passive after the draw. Button limps with draws and shorts, and raises his strong hands before the draw. He bluffs very frequently after the draw. My table image is tight and aggressive /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

UTG open limps, CO folds, button limps, SB folds, I check in big blind with 55K73.

I draw 3 and improve to trip fives. UTG draws 1 and button draws 3.

I check, UTG checks, button bets, I raise, UTG folds, button calls.

My main qustion is whether I should call the button's bet or raise it. I can see arguments for doing either, but I'm not sure which is best.

Also, I played a similar hand against the same two opponents, except I was in the SB and completed with a small pair. Is this generally correct after a limper?

Guruman
07-27-2005, 12:55 PM
IMO this is an easy raise of the button's bet. Since he limped and drew three, you can put him on a mid to low-pp predraw. you also know he can't have 2pr, a flush or straight draw, or trips. I'd cr this even if he raised pf and drew three.

Also, he had two checks to him and was last to act. If he missed completely the only way to win this pot would be to bet, since up to this point it looks like no one wants the pot.

You made your hand, and he's an 8/1 dog to have done the same. Also, you induced a bluff and he called your raise. nh.

I only get worried here if he three-bets the cr.

re: the other hands - I try not to complete out of position with something that I'd have a hard time semi-bluffing a miss with. I like a hand like AK575, since I can draw one and lead out. If I hit an A, K, or 5 I'm good more times than not - and if I miss the bluff tends to work enough to be profitable. This is all table dependant of course.