PDA

View Full Version : Showing cards

MagnoliasFM
07-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Usually in the later stages of an SNG I take the time to uncheck the "auto-muck cards" box every time I have a good hand before going all-in just so I can show my good cards after everyone folds. I do this so the other players will realize that I am pushing good hands along with junk, and so they won't spite call me after I've pushed 5 out of the last 6 hands. I figure that if it gets one person to fold where they normally would have called (usually a mistake) it's worth it...but on the other hand maybe showing my good cards will make people believe me less and actually induce a spite call? I'm not sure how(/if) an average party poker $33 donkey thinks. Thoughts?

axeshigh
07-27-2005, 08:35 AM
The logical thing to assume if you show your cards sometimes is that when you don't show you had junk. IMO it just gives people information you don't need to give them.

Anyway people don't act rationally when they spite call, they just seem to react poorly to being pushed around and tilt. Showing cards will just attract attention onto yourself, which is probably a bad thing. For example, today I was milking the bubble for a while, and the second biggest stack called me from the sb with Q2o when the small stack had 1.5 BB in the big blind. I don't see any logical reason whatsoever for that call.