PDA

View Full Version : AA? Good fold or better raise on turn?

intensify1
07-27-2005, 04:29 AM
This is one I am tossed up between folding or raising. I am new to 6 max so I am tyring to learn this very difficult aspect of HUSH play. Reads thus far are SB is a maniac, very loose preflop and dangerously aggressive after the flop. No reads on others as I am new to the table, SB and myslef played on 2 to 4 tables at same time throughout weekend.

Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG and UTG+1 limp
Hero raises
SB calls BB folds 4.5 BB's

FLOP: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB check
UTG bets UTG+1 folds
Hero raises
SB 3 bets
UTG calls 2 bets
Hero calls 9 BB's

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks
UTG bets
Hero?????????

results will come

cmwck
07-27-2005, 04:35 AM
I think I cap the flop here.

intensify1
07-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Under normal situations i would gladly i think. But since SB and i have been at each others heels all weekend i was trying to use his aggression against him on the turn for a raise, knowing he would most likely 3 bet the turn any pair into what he thinks is a bad player like myself. Other than the flop, thoughts on the turn? if i call turn the river call should be made as well after the pot size without any raises on river? thoughts?

cmwck
07-27-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Under normal situations i would gladly i think. But since SB and i have been at each others heels all weekend i was trying to use his aggression against him on the turn for a raise, knowing he would most likely 3 bet the turn any pair into what he thinks is a bad player like myself. Other than the flop, thoughts on the turn? if i call turn the river call should be made as well after the pot size without any raises on river? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. Well the 10h is a pretty bad card to be raising imo.
That completes straights and flushes, plus UTG is coming out betting after he just got check 3-bet. You're now caught in a tricky spot, as you can't rule out SB check-raising again.
That said, I'd call and see what happens

cartman
07-27-2005, 04:58 AM
I call. It's entirely possible you are behind, but folding for one bet in a pot this size with an overpair is not my idea of a good time.

Cartman