PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking for

invictus33
07-27-2005, 03:52 AM
I was just wondering what it is that everyone looks for when they are making decisions as to what to do during every hand? Pre flop is probably the same for most just checking out your position and how good your cards are and what the betting looks like. But once the flop hits what do you guys start looking at immediately? Do you add up your outs, odds and equity and just start betting or do you have a routine that you go through for deciding if you're going to play or not?

Wetdog
07-27-2005, 04:17 AM
When I play in my Wed nite poker league I usually look at Olga's cleavage. Then I review the betting. Then I look at the trash in my hand and remember Clark's 5 things to unlearn. Or I remember what Ed said about folding to big pots. By then I'm so confused that I check. Then in my confusion I accidentally say "raise." Then I scoop in the pot from the weak tighties that I play with.

Actually

[ QUOTE ]
Do you add up your outs, odds and equity

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And no. It depends. If I'm holding AA-QQ I bet or raise unless the board is way coordinated against me. There's tons of other factors too depending on what I'm holding.

I think GSIH would probably answer this in much greater detail than I could, cuz I'm a lousy typist and it would take me hours to give a thorough answer.

And besides all that, I suck.

therockofgibraltar
07-27-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
remember Clark's 5 things to unlearn

[/ QUOTE ]

and they are?

macdaddy991
07-27-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
remember Clark's 5 things to unlearn

[/ QUOTE ]

and they are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Click Me!!! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=91646&F_Board=micro&Threa d=2190049&partnumber=1&postmarker=)

invictus33
07-27-2005, 07:57 AM
The main reason I was asking was to see what checklist everyone ran down in their heads as they progressed through hands. I'm sure there are as many different ways to do this as there are people here but if everyone is doing something and I'm not then that could be a good thing to start doing!

Nfinity
07-27-2005, 08:28 AM
On the flop I have a pre-set mode for what I'm going to do on the flop based on the info I saw pre-flop. When the flop comes I look at the texture. Did it help or hurt me? What's the worst case/ best case scenario? How will I deal with each?

Is it donk-bettable, and if so who is most likely to do it and what will it mean. Who is most likely to give me some resistance on a flop like this? What will their resistance mean?

Stuff like that.

GrunchCan
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm always trying to figure out a range of holdings for my opponents. Other than that, everything is in flux.

Edit: Oh, and I'm also trying to remember the sorts of odds and bets that the opponent takes and gives in different situations. Preflop cold-caller with any ace? Lead flop OOP with 2nd pair? That sort of thing.