PDA

View Full Version : Moneymaker dominating a $10 PS tourney with 37 remaining

ClaytonN
07-27-2005, 02:57 AM
According to my sources Moneymaker has never made a PS final table of an MTT.

Also curzdog (regular 10-20 NL player) is like 3rd in chips. Moneymaker has the chiplead.

Should be somewhat interesting.

slipoker
07-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Curzdog is all but done, due to yet another PokerStars beat. Flopped a set of 3's on a low flop and guy called his all in with JJ and hit a jack on the turn. Moneymaker is still doing well though, 2nd in chips now. And as I type this Curzdog's top pair doesn't hold and he's knocked out in 25th place.

closer2313
07-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Wow curzdog just took a beat. I feel bad.

rheaume
07-27-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
According to my sources Moneymaker has never made a PS final table of an MTT.

Also curzdog (regular 10-20 NL player) is like 3rd in chips. Moneymaker has the chiplead.

Should be somewhat interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

which tourney is this? i cant find it

slipoker
07-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Tournament number 10400571

rheaume
07-27-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tournament number 10400571

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

man, youd think moneymaker would use a different photo. thats terrible

flatline
07-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Mr. Money just took the lead with 1.6 million

slipoker
Moneymaker takes down a huge pot when his 8 9 flops two pair to his opponents pocket jacks. Regains the chip lead by 200,000 chips.

Python49
lol i just loaded the table and see money maker go for a blind steal, get reraised by JJ and call with 89. Flopped top pair then hits two pair on turn to take it down.

z32fanatic
07-27-2005, 03:34 AM
Moneymaker's AQs takes down KK. This is not helping his reputation.

arsixsixwy
07-27-2005, 03:44 AM
I suppose he's supposed to fold AQs this late in a tournament.

flatline
07-27-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moneymaker's AQs takes down KK. This is not helping his reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever.. KK was shortstacked, moneymaker had to call

z32fanatic
07-27-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose he's supposed to fold AQs this late in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's not, I'm talking about the fact that he got his money in behind and won, not how he played the hand. I think he's good, but for his reputation to improve, he will need to get his money in ahead more.

Stoneii
07-27-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm sure it concerns him no end

rheaume
07-27-2005, 03:49 AM
lol someone just said in the chat

raisumus [observer]: anyone know the over/under on how many chins moneymaker has in that picture

oh man thats good stuff, i couldnt stop laughing for a while

colson10
07-27-2005, 03:53 AM
El Perrito is a 2p2er.

colson10

flatline
07-27-2005, 03:55 AM
can you turn off observer chat... these people are somewhat annoying

gr8vertical
07-27-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Click on the chips at the top of the table

rheaume
07-27-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ "somewhat"

flatline
07-27-2005, 04:09 AM
he's rollin with 3.6 million

SixgunSam
07-27-2005, 04:13 AM
He's playing the big stack well. I think Moneymaker has won 9 of the last ten hands since I started watching.

tinga81
07-27-2005, 04:16 AM
6 left, he's up to 4.8 mil. I got seated next to him earlier and stole a few blinds/antes from him a little bit before I busted (in the 30's).

ClaytonN
07-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Damn, it just occured to me this was the 25k guaranteed. This changes things, from a perspective. I thought he was playing a freezout.

Oh, and he is raping the table now, 5.5mil

z32fanatic
07-27-2005, 04:21 AM
Yeah he is playing well. It's hilarious how people are blowing up in the chat box about how PokerStars is rigged.

slipoker
Is it just me or does it seem like there are an abnormally high amount of bad beats happening? I can't remember the last time the best hand held up.

ClaytonN
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or does it seem like there are an abnormally high amount of bad beats happening? I can't remember the last time the best hand held up.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean besides the most recent two?

Python49
07-27-2005, 04:23 AM
i sure hope none of the morons spamming the chat are actual posters on this forum...

tinga81
07-27-2005, 04:24 AM
he just caught runner runner straight, but gave it back when his 88 ran into KK

still rockin these fools.

slipoker
07-27-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i sure hope none of the morons spamming the chat are actual posters on this forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hope most 2p2er's have enough respect to refrain from doing so. The people in the chat are absolutely ridiculous, I turned 'em off awhile ago. Kind of feel bad for Moneymaker having to put up with 'em all the time.

jeffraider
07-27-2005, 04:25 AM
MM is doing really good still. 5.2 million in chips and second place has only 1.4 (LOL).

daryn
07-27-2005, 04:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't help myself

SixgunSam
07-27-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hope most 2p2er's have enough respect to refrain from doing so. The people in the chat are absolutely ridiculous, I turned 'em off awhile ago. Kind of feel bad for Moneymaker having to put up with 'em all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he has observer chat off.

gr8vertical
07-27-2005, 04:27 AM
Man he is catchin some cards /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tinga81
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding. it has to be annoying as another player at the table with him, if they choose not to turn the chat off.

rheaume
he is catching sick, sick cards.

ClaytonN
07-27-2005, 04:28 AM
JakeMotrain [observer]: CHRIS SPEND YOUR 11k ON SOME COKE

heh

SixgunSam
07-27-2005, 04:29 AM
None of these guys are willing to make a stand against him without big big cards. They are looking to finish 2nd or 3rd. I bet he has raised 80% of the time pre-flop since I've been watching.

ansky451
07-27-2005, 04:35 AM
GO MONEY

"is chris bluffing this time?"
-"no"

SixgunSam
07-27-2005, 04:40 AM
This heads-up could take a really long time because rebuy tournaments have so many chips in play.

ansky451
07-27-2005, 04:58 AM
Money won. Shame on all the haters.

baronzeus
It's over. MM played well.

flatline
Money wins, final hand was AT v. Q8. Pays nearly 12k, not bad for a $10 buy in.

ismisus
07-27-2005, 04:59 AM
he said he was in for 70.

ClaytonN
07-27-2005, 04:59 AM
It was a rebuy

Johnnyj580
07-27-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I totally agree . . . nice payout.

Wait hang on,

I just Googled his name.

Didn't he win $2.5 million exactly two years ago??? Lets be fair and say after taxes (hope he's better at accounting than he is at poker), he probably kept $1.5 million. Wow, how the shitty have fallen. He probably spent it all on donuts and hookers and donuthookers.

John
-I hope he's better at accounting than he is at money-management.

juris
07-27-2005, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait hang on,

I just Googled his name.

Didn't he win $2.5 million exactly two years ago??? Lets be fair and say after taxes (hope he's better at accounting than he is at poker), he probably kept $1.5 million. Wow, how the shitty have fallen. He probably spent it all on donuts and hookers and donuthookers.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

You had to google him?

A_Junglen
07-27-2005, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait hang on,

I just Googled his name.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I remember reading 50% of his action was his Dad's and friend's. He's made more in endorsements than any other poker player in history, I'm sure he's doing fine.

SixgunSam
07-27-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait hang on,

I just Googled his name.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to ask what your problem is, but I checked your posts and noticed they're almost exclusively in the WPT forum, so that explains everything.

galahad_187
07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
i find it funny how hes done so much in endorsements. The guy catches good cards, plays real tight, runs around screaming like a retard when he wins a hand, and to make it all more annoying, he has a southern accent. ick

RowdyZ
07-27-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait hang on,

I just Googled his name.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I remember reading 50% of his action was his Dad's and friend's. He's made more in endorsements than any other poker player in history, I'm sure he's doing fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they gave him 1000 dollars each for a total of 20% not 50%, also I am sure there are several other players now making much more in endorements then Moneymaker.

RZ

RowdyZ
07-27-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait hang on,

I just Googled his name.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows how much money he has got left and what does that have to do with him playing in a Pokerstars tournament, a site he is payed to endorse, if Raymer had played and won the event would you have posted this crap? Last year after I watched Phil Ivey win 500K live on Fox I was playing on Full Tilt and Ivey showed up and was playing 1-2 NL table, I guess he had already blown that half million and was having to grind out some cash on Full Tilt. No wait, I just googled him, turns out he is payed to endorse Full Tilt and they thought him showing up on the site right after that big win on live TV would create a buzz.

RZ

sekrah
07-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Agree..

The Stars $10 tournaments overflow with people trying to get a chance to sit with Moneymaker for $10.

RowdyZ
07-27-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Agree..

The Stars $10 tournaments overflow with people trying to get a chance to sit with Moneymaker for $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not really what I meant. I am sure part of Moneymaker and Raymers deal with Stars is they have to log some hours playing on the site, Maybe Moneymaker needed to log some hours in and decided he was in the mood for a MTT. From the ads on TV, he and Greg also must play some on the freeside (.Net) as well.

RZ

radii
07-27-2005, 12:08 PM
I delivered the bad beat in that hand with the jacks vs the set of 3s. I also finished second in the tourney last night.

I probably made a bad call with the jacks. Ok, I almost certainly did. My opponent was one of the few people in the tourney that could bust me. He waited a long time before pushing over my bet, and somehow I convinced myself that he had to have been contemplating whether his overcards or flush draw was worth pushing.

I had a crazy run as soon as I got moved to Moneymaker's table, no hands vs him though. I was a bit short stacked and got all in with Ad Kd vs Ah Qh. Q xh x flops, and I'm in big trouble. King of hearts on the turn. Blank on the river and I'm alive.

Less than 5 minutes later, I get AQ and get all in against a signifigantly shorter stack. He has AK. I flop a queen and it holds up.

and no more than 5 minutes after that was the JJ hand which made me the chipleader at the time. Moneymaker and I traded the chip lead back and forth until the final table.

With about 6 left he went on a mad rush, we went from me and him both having about 2 million in chips(half of the ~8 million in play) to him having 5 million and me being in second with just aroudn 1 million.

Everyone definitely got timid. I didn't feel comfortable at all in that situation. I was 2nd in chips and a couple of stacks were extremely short. I certainly wanted to win but i've never done nearly this good in a tournament before and each place was a not insignifigant(to me) jump in money. Once we got down to 3 I couldn't let that affect me and I started to get agressive again, and after a few orbits where we were all stealing a fair amount, got lucky getting AK when the other shorter stack had AJ, that held up and we were heads up shortly after that.

Moneymaker totally owned me heads up. I cut the chiplead to 5 mil:3 mil a couple of times but he just ran over me. I kept getting hands like A7-A9, KT, no pairs, no great aces. I would raise pre-flop, he'd call. I'd bet the flop which seemingly always had a high card but never paired me. He'd call the flop and I'd give up the hand on the turn. I'm sure he could read me like a book at that point, as I did the same thing numerous times. I was desparately waiting for any sort of hand at all, any pair, anything, with the intent of check-raising him all in on the turn to slow him down a bit, but I never hit anything, and never picked a time to do that and was basically giving up a lot of hands on the turn when I had ace high but hadn't hit anything and he hadn't gone away yet.

We had a break during heads up play and I was down about 7:1. I felt like moneymaker got very timid at this point, he folded pre-flop to me a *lot*. At that point every time I raised I was ready to go all in but he never called. When he raised if I had anything playable I came over him all-in(that only happened twice before the final hand I believe).

On the final hand I had folded to his last few raises and he'd raised about 4 hands in a row, so I decided to go ahead and make my stand with Q8, figuring there was a decent chance given previous action that he'd fold or that I wouldn't be that big a dog. He had AT and I wasn't a huge huge underdog, but he held up.

I don't know if I played very poorly heads up or not honestly, but I felt very very out of sorts during the heads up action, even knowing that I was playing catchup, I just never felt comfortable, whehter he was just picking his spots to raise well or he had the cards, I could just never get any momentum and was not hitting to make a stand with when he started pushing hard at me.

baronzeus
07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Headsup is something you're gonna need to work on because it's a huge money step.

On another note, people need to lay off moneymaker. The [censored] peanut gallery is talking [censored] when this guy continues to play well and win tournaments. When was the last time any of you morons won 12K?

utmt40
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah seriously some of you should back off Moneymaker. I'm quite sure he could whipe the floor with you.

inanevoyage
07-27-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah seriously some of you should back off Moneymaker. I'm quite sure he could whipe the floor with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Im hating the haters. It sounds very simply like jealousy.

benkath1
07-27-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On another note, people need to lay off moneymaker. The [censored] peanut gallery is talking [censored] when this guy continues to play well and win tournaments. When was the last time any of you morons won 12K?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just finished his book. I have to say I liked it. Cleared up some of the rumors and gives you a better impression of what kind of guy he really is. I highly recommend it.

Ben

hardinda
07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Moneymaker must like the $10 rebuys, he's 9th with 95 left in the $15k guaranteed on stars.

MagicMan08
07-27-2005, 08:57 PM
PokerStars is rigged so they win. Duh

baronzeus
07-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Alive and kicking still.

People talk so much [censored] to him but he hasn't made a single mistake as far as I've seen, except maybe being too tight.

GL MONEY

mjohnson406
07-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Money does like the 11+R's, he finished 18th in Tuesdays at 4:30 PM EST, few hours before his win. Proud to say I finished 16th in that one.