PDA

View Full Version : Lost while defending blinds

cmwck
07-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Blind defense is one area I struggle in, especially at 2/4, where aggression is so much higher than 1/2

Crypto 2/4 6max:

Button is 41/12/1 after 20 hands.

Hero has ATo in SB

Preflop: folded to button who raises. Hero 3-bets, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7SB) [Kd 8c Qc]
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls.

Turn: (5.5BB) [2d]
Hero bets....

How's it looking so far? Am I way outta line with this?

Stack
07-27-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm not an expert, but I think that in steal/defense situations, you have to pick-up the pot while the pot is small. c/r after having 3bet preflop just adds incentive for the guy to keep calling you. You have 3bet preflop, a K and a Q are on the flop, this is an auto bet for me.

I'd love to hear more opinions though.

P.S. c/r also add more curiosity on the opponenent who mights look you up with 33, or call down with 6 outs. (fwiw)

mungpo
07-27-2005, 02:47 AM
I just bet out.

cmwck
07-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I thought I was probably being too tricky/tilty.

How do you respond to a raise, assuming you just bet out? Check-fold the turn UI?

mscags
07-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Since you 3bet it pf I would just bet out and try to pick up the pot ASAP. If you just called PF then I can see the value in check raising the flop and leading the turn.

cmwck
07-27-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you 3bet it pf I would just bet out and try to pick up the pot ASAP. If you just called PF then I can see the value in check raising the flop and leading the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, I see. Is this because the flop c/r is more effective w/ a smaller pot?

kapw7
07-27-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blind defense is one area I struggle in, especially at 2/4, where aggression is so much higher than 1/2

Crypto 2/4 6max:

Button is 41/12/1 after 20 hands.

Hero has ATo in SB

Preflop: folded to button who raises. Hero 3-bets, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7SB) [Kd 8c Qc]
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls.

Turn: (5.5BB) [2d]
Hero bets....

How's it looking so far? Am I way outta line with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This flop is not great for you but possibly very good for button since ther are a lot of ways it helped him and he is possibly ahead. I prefer to bet out than C-R. On the turn there is no chance he is folding after he called your C-R esp. since the turn card is blank. The only thing that can happen is you getting raised and then you will want to call b/c the pot is big (after you inflated it) you have implied odds from a straight etc.

I'd check the turn. If bet we have outs to a straight but dirty outs with the aces b/c they can make a straight or flush or aces up for him... So for me check-fold.