PDA

View Full Version : Weird 1/2 6 max hand.

07-27-2005, 02:29 AM
This was an awkward hand, and I didn't know how to play it. It seems that villian is a little bit loose passive calling down with as little as bottom pair on some hands.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero ???.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Niediam
07-27-2005, 03:02 AM
Call the river raise - the rest looks fine.

ClaytonN
07-27-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call the river raise - the rest looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah

thesharpie
07-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Is he your typical loose passive? Have you seen him bluff? I fold the river if the answers are yes and no.

kapw7
07-27-2005, 03:12 AM
What is awkward? He was drawing to a flush and made it at the river.
Could you check-call the river? Not against a loose passive player that can be calling anything.
Do you trust your reads enough to fold? Then fold. (I wouldn't)

irishpint
07-27-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you check-call the river? Not against a loose passive player that can be calling anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

no river flush, sorry dude. turn maybe? and then waited to the river to raise? i never fold to crap like this, since i feel we're good way more than 1 time in 10 or whatever

kapw7
07-27-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

no river flush, sorry dude. turn maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

One more reason to call then.

(Don't be sorry for me. It wasn't my hand.)

@bsolute_luck
07-27-2005, 06:18 AM
if i was hero i wouldn't care either way: calling / folding.

1. small pot.
2. loose passive wakes up on a 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ?!
3. delayed flush- doubtful based on read.
4. trip 6s
5. 2p A6

i wouldn't lose sleep whatever i decided HU with TPMK

lufbradolly
07-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Call.

jmgurgeh
07-27-2005, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't put 57, A6, 66, or any flush past him. Then again, even loose-passives go on tilt or get frustrated in a single hand, and he could be desperation-raising with a crappy J or even a single heart. Donk bets/raises are all over the place at the micros. I call this raise every time.

07-27-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think he had a fush at all. If he hit his flush, he would have definitely raisedon the turn. It looked like he was on some draw...but I didn't know what it was.

deception5
07-27-2005, 10:58 AM
I would probably raise this preflop.

Call the river raise, you will occasionally catch a raise with ace high here.

deception5
07-27-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't think he had a fush at all. If he hit his flush, he would have definitely raisedon the turn. It looked like he was on some draw...but I didn't know what it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you assume this? It's heads up and if he has a flush he's not worried about charging you for your draws. A river raise would be the most profitable line for him to take with a flush if he thinks you'll bet the river.