PDA

View Full Version : Teaching the girlfriend tournament poker -- FINALLY PAID OFF!

balt999
07-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Over the past year I've been teaching my girlfriend how to play hold em. During the past 6 months I've focused my attention on teaching her tournament poker. Well everything paid off last night when she reached the final 3 of the Ladies Limit Tournament at the Orleans Open in Las Vegas. When the ladies decided to split the remaining prize money, my girlfriend walked away from $6,225!! It was exciting to watch and sweat someone you love do so well (Not to mention I put up the entry fee, so it was a nice payday to my pocket. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I felt like proud teacher. My girlfriend was eager to learn and soaked up all my information I put in her head. It's still surreal to see her win all that cash. It's even more surreal to see her name on the CARDPLAYER AND POKERPAGES websites!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KaneKungFu123
07-27-2005, 02:54 AM
nice work. my girl friend plays about 30hrs/week of play money.

fimbulwinter
07-27-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the past year I've been teaching my girlfriend how to play hold em. During the past 6 months I've focused my attention on teaching her tournament poker. Well everything paid off last night when she reached the final 3 of the Ladies Limit Tournament at the Orleans Open in Las Vegas. When the ladies decided to split the remaining prize money, my girlfriend walked away from $6,225!! It was exciting to watch and sweat someone you love do so well (Not to mention I put up the entry fee, so it was a nice payday to my pocket. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I felt like proud teacher. My girlfriend was eager to learn and soaked up all my information I put in her head. It's still surreal to see her win all that cash. It's even more surreal to see her name on the CARDPLAYER AND POKERPAGES websites!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

gj, my ex used to play plo8b. she was always smarter than me.

fim