PDA

View Full Version : QQ with 30+BBs.

Pasterbator
07-27-2005, 01:34 AM
$5+1 rebuy on Party. ~450/1380 players left. Money starts around 140.

The cold caller is a decent player - hasnt shown down anything crazy.
Reraiser has shown a wild side very recently.
Whats your play with QQ? Why?

My thoughts in white on the bottom.

NL Texas Hold'em Trny:14291905 Level:9 Blinds (200/400) - Wednesday, July 27, 00:54:24 EDT 2005
Table Multi-Table R+A(403663) Table #23 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: WOODYWOOD333 ( $18810 )
Seat 3: Pasterbator ( $13050 )
Seat 4: nfrance ( $2007 )
Seat 5: johnocjjj ( $3997 )
Seat 7: classicwoody ( $14170 )
Seat 10: wsopob ( $21670 )
Seat 6: coffeemansd ( $19580 )
Seat 9: Eeney ( $12780 )
Seat 2: tworedcards ( $10450 )
Seat 8: JoesTypeS ( $12750 )
Trny:14291905 Level:9
Blinds (200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Pasterbator [ Qh Qc ]
Pasterbator raises [1100].
nfrance folds.
johnocjjj folds.
coffeemansd folds.
classicwoody calls [1100].
JoesTypeS is all-In [12750]
Eeney folds.
wsopob folds.
WOODYWOOD333 folds.
tworedcards folds.
Your time bank will become active in less than 20 seconds. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Pasterbator ??

<font color="white"> I put the reraiser on a range of 99-AA (99-JJ mainly because of his recent wildness), AK and maybe AQ. I didnt give much thought to the cold caller. Figured he would fold to a push. Results are as follows:

Pasterbator is all-In [11950]
classicwoody calls [11950].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, Jc, 9d ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 9h ]
Pasterbator shows [ Qh, Qc ] two pairs, queens and nines.
classicwoody shows [ Kh, Ks ] two pairs, kings and nines.
JoesTypeS shows [ Ad, As ] two pairs, aces and nines.
classicwoody wins 600 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, kings and nines.
JoesTypeS wins 38850 chips from the main pot with two pairs, aces and nines. </font>

z32fanatic
07-27-2005, 02:22 AM
I would call. A big raise like that usually rules out AA, and in a $5 tourney, people will play TT, JJ, AK or even AQ like that. I would call every time. Additionally, I'm probably not ever folding QQ in a $5 tourney unless something drastic happens (read: 3 big all ins in front).

cferejohn
07-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Without looking: Call. I don't think it's remotely close.

Looked now. Just bad luck. There may be tournaments where you can lay this down. A $5 rebuy on party is not one of those tournaments...

Pasterbator
07-27-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There may be tournaments where you can lay this down. A $5 rebuy on party is not one of those tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking exactly. Just needed some reassurance. The results-oriented me felt like i made a mistake.

Thanks
Jason

Dave D
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without looking: Call. I don't think it's remotely close.

Looked now. Just bad luck. There may be tournaments where you can lay this down. A $5 rebuy on party is not one of those tournaments...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you have to call, it's just bad luck. Winning this hand would make you unstoppable towards the FT.

I think your first raise was a little weak, but whatever. And I think the KK played it terribly. But whatever.

Pasterbator
07-27-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your first raise was a little weak, but whatever. And I think the KK played it terribly. But whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defense, 1100 was usually sufficient enough to steal the blinds, so i felt there was no need to stray from what works. Also, I found myself angry at the KK guy after the hand. I'm sure i could have gotten away from the hand had there been 2 raises into me. Oh well. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the replies.
Jason

Dave D
07-27-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defense, 1100 was usually sufficient enough to steal the blinds, so i felt there was no need to stray from what works. Also, I found myself angry at the KK guy after the hand. I'm sure i could have gotten away from the hand had there been 2 raises into me. Oh well. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the replies.
Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then that's fine. The KK actually probably played it ok then b/c he probably assumed it was going to be heads up after your bet. That's how I probably would have played it too. I don't know if I could lay down KK when there's two all ins to me, I guess it depends on how the play was going, but if you say everyone was being really tight then that makes me want to lay it down.