PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 6max: slowing down - AQo

Surfbullet
07-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Villain is 20/14/1.8 over 80 hands but felt laggy from seeing his showdowns.

SB is a mega loose-passive, the reason I'm at the table.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>. Hero raises, Button 3bets, SB calls, BB folds, Hero 4bets, all call.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, hero bets, Button raises, sb folds, hero calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, btn bets, hero calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, btn bets, hero calls.

Not sure when/where i'd want to put more bets in here...or whether i'd want to at all? This should be easy by now.

Surf

MAxx
07-27-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd probably bet/call the river here.

Surfbullet
07-27-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet-calling doesn't make too much sense to me here...he wont check behind with a weak ace (a little too aggro) and it lets him get away from bluffing hands that might fire again, while letting us pay off big 2 pair or better hands?

Surf

Digs
07-27-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the read, I typically take this line.

I don't think your line is bad at all however. Especially if you don't think he's capable of flop spewing a draw. And considering we're typically beat when we get raised on the river by this guy.

Edit:
ahhhh shiz, I thought SB was the villian here, lol, yea I'm thinking c/c is better for the 1.8 ar guy heh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not sure what's the better line if villian is our LP guy though, as they tend to call out of frustration of missed draws and the like where they wouldnt bet them~

Surfbullet
07-27-2005, 03:53 AM
Villain showed down ATo and MHIG. I really put that at the unlikely end of his hand range when he raises the flop after the PF action. He's too loose and aggressive postflop, and I made a note of that after the hand. Just curious if anyone played this any harder postflop as a default.

Surf

FlyingStart
07-27-2005, 05:20 AM
I think I would play this the same as the villain, with perhaps the exception of the river bet, but I think I would do that also. After the preflop and flop action, I would put you on QQ or KK (maybe AQ, I would expect 3 bets with AK, or atleast lead the turn/checkraise the turn), and just continue betting unless you showed aggression.

Is this too aggressive?

Fabian
07-27-2005, 05:27 AM
I think he'll show you AK or AJ a lot more often than AT so this is fine I think.

Surfbullet
07-27-2005, 10:48 AM
The flop c/r is what really surprised me...my preflop 4bet will often mean TT-AA, AK, AQ. He's in trouble vs most of those hands, except TT,QQ,KK. After i've called the c/r he's going to think i'm on KK-QQ, but it's a WA/WB situation and a c/r on the flop here is a mistake IMO with AT.

Surf

etizzle
07-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I like 3 betting the flop here. If he raises one of the big streets you cna probably fold it, and if he caps it call him down. There is little chance he is bluffing here, so you may want to try bet-calling the river as someone else suggested.

You need to make sure 3 BB go in here though, at a minimum.

FlyingStart
07-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Flop checkraise? He raises from the button, or am I misunderstanding something here?

Surfbullet
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop checkraise? He raises from the button, or am I misunderstanding something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you're right. I didn't read my own hand right :P I still dont like his raise though.

Surf

bvaughn
07-27-2005, 11:24 AM
What about the button's 3-bet with A10off? His stats seem too tight to me to 3-bet A10off, unless he has Surf pegged as too loose, too aggressive preflop maybe a 35/25 or something. Depending on what Surf's stats look like, as well as if I think Surf respects my raises, I lean towards folding A10off to a raise, although open raising 100% of the time...my stats are 27/18. Am I way off here by folding A10off to a solid players raise?

Surfbullet
07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the button's 3-bet with A10off? His stats seem too tight to me to 3-bet A10off, unless he has Surf pegged as too loose, too aggressive preflop maybe a 35/25 or something. Depending on what Surf's stats look like, as well as if I think Surf respects my raises, I lean towards folding A10off to a raise, although open raising 100% of the time...my stats are 27/18. Am I way off here by folding A10off to a solid players raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll raise down to A7-A6o, A3s, 33 and higher, nearly any 2 broadway, many suited connectors...my hand range from the CO is pretty wide. If he's got stats on me they might make me look a little lAG though this session...i'll often 3bet a CO raise with AT from the button, when I am confident that his stealing range is very wide. Against someone like me I might muck it.

Surf

JrJordan
07-27-2005, 12:35 PM
PF: Interesting idea with the cap against a thinking TAG player. His 3-betting range is pretty damn wide if you knows you're an aggressive blind stealer. Likewise you have a nice equity edge with the SB overcaller. I may need to try this more often.

Flop looks fine after SB folds with two bets to him. If button is raising with a QQ/KK type hand, then let him keep betting it, hence the turn is good as well.

Only change I'd make is perhaps a river donk bet. KK/QQ are going to check this through too often that you'll lose a bet when you're ahead. Likewise, there's a chance AK might just call instead of raise, fearing a 3-bet from a slowplayed JJ/AA. Sets and AJ obviously raise, but I think that risk may be worthwhile to ensure a bet gets in on the river.