PDA

View Full Version : Agree with this push?

Dave D
07-26-2005, 11:30 PM
BB is new to the table. I have 1405 and the blinds have just gone up to 200/100.

I get TT and push from 3rd to act after UTG calls. BB is new to the table as he just filled someone else's seat.

I've been playing very tight, 1 hand in the last 5 orbits probably (just not getting cards) where I was in the BB and SB called and I bet the flop and he folded.

Table's been fairly aggressive, but not rediculously so.

I figure I need to push b/c any raise is really going to commit me and I want a chance (and given my table read find it probable) that everyone will fold.

How does your play change if you had more (and how much more) chips?

bobbycharles
07-26-2005, 11:40 PM
You're 7x BB and the blinds hit you in 3 hands.
Push - no question.

DemonDeac
07-26-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push - no question.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZBTHorton
07-26-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push - no question.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave D
07-27-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push - no question.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys. Sorry to spam the boards. Sometimes just need a sanity check.

I was mostly talking about maybe limp/reraising?

How many bbs would you need to limp? Do you ever limp with this hand here?

bobbycharles
07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Even with plenty of blinds (20x or more)I rarely limp with TT. I want to raise it and chase out the KJ's and Ax's. If you limp and the flop has any face card, you leave yourself with a tough decision.
Maybe in the early rounds when blinds are low and people are routinely calling the 3x raises with crap, I might limp in EP or MP hoping to see a cheap flop and catch my set and collect a big pot. Otherwise, I put in a good raise and see what action I get.

GrunchCan
07-27-2005, 12:58 AM
If you only have 5 rounds left in your stack and you say you haven't played a hand in 5 orbits (!) then you are far too tight on a short stack when everyone folds around to you. An opportunity to push has come up before now, surely.

Dave D
07-27-2005, 01:03 AM
The way the table had been playing (pretty aggressive) I felt like there's no way I'd get away with anything but a push PF. Even that I felt had a good chance of being called. Really bad hands the whole time. Whatever, just a little frustrating.

GrunchCan
07-27-2005, 01:06 AM
With a stack as short as yours you have only 2 plays available to you: Fold or push.