PDA

View Full Version : Running out of time

Ponks
07-26-2005, 11:29 PM
So there is this really hot girl in my summer school class, incredibly hot. 9.75/10, sorry no pics, wish I did, worthless, I know. All year I've been looking for chances to talk to her, but I am kinda shy, and there hasn't been much chances. We've been in the same work group before, but we've only done this 2-3 times all year and we've always talked some during that. Mostly about school, work, and classes. During our 15 minute break we receive she always goes outside to talk on the phone, hopefully not to a boyfriend, and we sometimes make passing comments, but I've never been able to talk to her during this break because of the lack of opportunities. Our eye contact has been really good and I do think she is interested in me, possibly really interested, although possibly only somewhat, I am terrible at telling. She sits directly behind me in the front of the class, we've both always just sat where we did on the first day of class.

Anyways, tomorrow is the final exam, and I suspect I'll finish before her. Am I already outta luck in trying to get anything going here? What's my play, I have nothing to lose really, but I'd rather not embarass myself.

I've tried to include all the info I think is important, but if you need more to make a good decision, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
Ponks

Pocket Trips
07-26-2005, 11:37 PM
OMG What is it with college kids today??

Do ANY of you ever get laid????

Just talk to the damn girl already!!!!!

It doesn't matter much what you say really.. Either she will be into you or not but you will never know unless you open your damn mouth!!!!

DemonDeac
07-26-2005, 11:39 PM
just ask her if she wants to get something to eat after you both finish the exam.

Ponks
07-26-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG What is it with college kids today??

Do ANY of you ever get laid????

Just talk to the damn girl already!!!!!

It doesn't matter much what you say really.. Either she will be into you or not but you will never know unless you open your damn mouth!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well I have talked to her, I just havent had many opportunities to talk to her.

Ponks

Ponks
07-26-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just ask her if she wants to get something to eat after you both finish the exam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably my best bet, I hope she finishes fast as I'd hate to have to wait around for a while. I just hope she gets there before class starts.

Ponks

nothumb
07-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Probably your best move is to tell her your dear maternal grandmother died and hope for a pity lay.

NT

Ponks
07-26-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably your best move is to tell her your dear maternal grandmother died and hope for a pity lay.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, probably right.

Ponks

Ponks
07-26-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, probably right. I'm not just looking to hook up with her though.

Ponks

DemonDeac
07-26-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably my best bet, I hope she finishes fast as I'd hate to have to wait around for a while. I just hope she gets there before class starts.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone does. just ask her if shes ready for the exam while she reviews her notes last minute. make a joke. ease the tension not only of u asking her to eat but of the exam. then ask her

astroglide
07-27-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yah, probably right. I'm not just looking to hook up with her though.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're not the type to hit and run, but i think it's more likely you've already dreamed up some kind of fantasy relationship with her already. this means your chances are nil unless she was fiercely molested or some such thing.

kurosh
07-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Anytime there's the slightest opportunity to talk, say this to her:
"Hey, this might seem a little weird, but I think you're really pretty and I want to get to know you better. I would be very sad if summer school ended and I never saw you again. Do you want to hang out or even just talk online sometime?"

siccjay
07-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Wow, I can tell you need some help.

I say wait around for her and ask if she wants to go get some coffee or food or whatever. The key is don't look like a chump. Don't make it seem like you are trying to buy her attention. You are asking her to eat so you are gonna have to pay BUT if she offers to pay for herself LET HER!!! THIS IS KEY!!! I don't care what anyone says after me, this is key. If you insist on paying she is going to see it was you trying to buy her attention BAD BAD BAD.

If you do actually get this girls #, I can tell you are going to [censored] it up, sorry. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT kiss this girls ass or call her all the time or any of that mess. Treat her like you grew up with her.

There is plenty of info on the net that will help your game, you just have to want to learn.

nothumb
07-27-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, this might seem a little weird, but I think you're really pretty and I want to get to know you better. I would be very sad if summer school ended and I never saw you again. Do you want to hang out or even just talk online sometime?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just say, "Hey, I'm a computer nerd with no game, and I've been too chickens.hit to say anything to you all semester so... do you think... sorry, I'll just keep spanking to my fantasies about you. Sorry."

NT

siccjay
07-27-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just say, "Hey, I'm a computer nerd with no game, and I've been too chickens.hit to say anything to you all semester so... do you think... sorry, I'll just keep spanking to my fantasies about you. Sorry."

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice translation. It's pretty close. It depends how hot this chick is and how ugly OP is.

kurosh
07-27-2005, 12:27 AM
When he has no time left, there really isn't any other option.

MarkL444
07-27-2005, 12:29 AM
wake up early. if youre late you may be screwed.

siccjay
07-27-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but saying "this may seem a little weird" makes you seem unsure of yourself. Chicks dig confidence.

Saying to her "It would be a shame if you never got to talk to me again" would be better as long as you aren't creepy.

Mentioning talking online is AWFUL hahaha

Edit: Saying she is pretty is bad too. It usually comes off as creepy.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice translation. It's pretty close. It depends how hot this chick is and how ugly OP is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you guys are acting like I haven't made any attempts to talk to her. I'd consider myself pretty far from a comp nerd, but I do not have much game when it comes to girls. I just don't try that often I guess.

My pic is somewhere in the RL pics, lemme see if I can dig it up. I wouldn't consider myself really good looking, but I don't think I'm ugly. Not sure how old this one is, but now I've got a pretty good tan from the summer.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/johnnyz1/greendragon.jpg

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but saying "this may seem a little weird" makes you seem unsure of yourself. Chicks dig confidence.

Saying to her "It would be a shame if you never got to talk to me again" would be better as long as you aren't creepy.

Mentioning talking online is AWFUL hahaha

Edit: Saying she is pretty is bad too. It usually comes off as creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my limited experience, I would have to say I agree with all this here too.

Ponks

kurosh
07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah, that's true. I didn't think it all the way through. That was the first thing that came to mind. I thought maybe talking online if she didn't want to go hang out with you somewhere but that's a bad idea now that I do think about it.

Regardless, the best approach is a direct one.

kipin
07-27-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig your veins.

YourFoxyGrandma
07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Ask her out.

Seriously though. It sounds as if you don't need advice as much as moral support; you know what needs to be done, you just don't want to do it for fear of rejection. Just go up to her and say, "Hey, you seem aiight. Wanna get some coffee this weekend?" afterwhich, she'll answer you. You should be able to handle things from there.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I dig your veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I'm pretty skinny.

Ponks

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:45 AM
If I have the chance to grab some food or do something with her tomorrow should I invite her up to Milwaukee with me? Some buddies and I are having a kegger up at a buddies place this weekend (we live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago.) You think this is a bad or good idea? Would probably be about an hour car ride.

Ponks

nothumb
07-27-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I have the chance to grab some food or do something with her tomorrow should I invite her up to Milwaukee with me? Some buddies and I are having a kegger up at a buddies place this weekend (we live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago.) You think this is a bad or good idea? Would probably be about an hour car ride.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. Long car ride with a near stranger to a testosterone-fueled bender = not that appealing to most chicks.

NT

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. Long car ride with a near stranger to a testosterone-fueled bender = not that appealing to most chicks.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, well that sucks. If I can't do that, this means I really should try to make some plans to do something Saturday night then, yes?

Ponks

siccjay
07-27-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

It's a little too soon. She may not party at all. Lots of things could go wrong. You do want to mention that you are doing that though, she will see that you actually have a life. Which is good. Hell she might even ask if she can go, it would be ok to take her then.

DemonDeac
07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

bad. u barely know her. thats creepy IMO. wait til u guys talkon a more consistent basis

siccjay
07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Damn, well that sucks. If I can't do that, this means I really should try to make some plans to do something Saturday night then, yes?

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but be original. Key is to not make it a date but two people out having fun.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She will see that you actually have a life

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you guys are killing me here. Do you just automatically assume no one has a life here?

[ QUOTE ]
She may not party at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this may be true but I think otherwise. I remember in class her saying that her guy friends can drink a lot, so she must atleast be with them.

[ QUOTE ]

You do want to mention that you are doing that though

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, good point.

[ QUOTE ]
Hell she might even ask if she can go

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope so!

Ponks

siccjay
07-27-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you guys are killing me here. Do you just automatically assume no one has a life here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that you didn't have a life. You did the same thing with my other post thinking I called you ugly. You even posted a pic. Chill.

I was just saying, showing her you are a busy guy is a good thing.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that you didn't have a life. You did the same thing with my other post thinking I called you ugly. You even posted a pic. Chill.

I was just saying, showing her you are a busy guy is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I didnt take any offense at all. If you read my reply it's more a general reply then something about me, atleast that's how I intended it. I'm rather mellow and stuff like that doesn't affect me. I just thought it was funny that you would post that.

Ponks

bugstud
07-27-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

well gee, most of the forum plays many hands a day and sit here and post a lot....

yeah, be sure not to get hands in...avatar pwnage will be good

Ponks
07-27-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

well gee, most of the forum plays many hands a day and sit here and post a lot....

yeah, be sure not to get hands in...avatar pwnage will be good

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I'm still at the same as I was a week and a half ago. Pathetic and I'm going to be really busy over these next few days :/

Be nice to my avatar.

Ponks

dcasper70
07-27-2005, 06:22 AM
What is OOT coming to?????
33 responses already!!!!

DAMMIT GUYS,

SIIHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnfinn Madsen
07-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Fundamental advice: If you just talk to her or pay attention to her in situations where it feels natural, she is never going to notice that you are interested in her. You have to do something out of the ordinary routine. Get her phone number or just approach her and invite her for dinner. Say that you have reserved tables already, so she knows you are no chickenshit college boy /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Punker
07-27-2005, 06:47 AM
No offense, but you have no chance unless she's incredibly hot for you (which it doesn't sound like she is).

From my own miserable experience, one of the surest ways to not get a girl is to sort of tangentally know her for an extended period, then come up to her in the manner described. It reeks of "I've been fantasizing about you for months, and have finally screwed up the balls to finally tell you", which I have found few women to find a particularly attractive vibe to send.

DasLeben
07-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Don't even bother. She has a boyfriend. And yes, they are very happy together. Not happy enough to keep her from screwing with your head though.

oneeye13
07-27-2005, 07:21 AM
ask her if she wants to cut class to take a rectal exam. if she ditches a final exam for you to SIIHP, she definitely digs you.

Eurotrash
07-27-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig your veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, that's excellent vascularity right there.

YourFoxyGrandma
07-27-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
33 responses already!!!!

DAMMIT GUYS,

SIIHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Those days are over.

07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
33 responses already!!!!

DAMMIT GUYS,

SIIHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/465/thumbsdown2th.jpg

jakethebake
07-27-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's my play...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Build a time machine and go back to the beginning of the semester to talk to her.

jakethebake
07-27-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, well I have talked to her, I just havent had many opportunities to talk to her.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in the same class as her. You've had opportunities.

DemonDeac
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
33 responses already!!!!

DAMMIT GUYS,

SIIHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/465/thumbsdown2th.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

you registered 20 days ago. it take a while for you to seize the opportunity and post that pic?

also, BUMP. what happened man??

astroglide
07-27-2005, 11:21 AM
i really like the commodus account so far

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Why are such a majority of the posters in here such [censored] losers?

Opraman
07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet Ponks is 10000000x cooler than you, just look at the picture of him, and then realize you are 30+ years old and you're a rocket scientist who is married and you post on an internet message board all day.

Sure, he doesn't know how to get a girl one of his classes, but at least he has a life.

Bluffoon
07-27-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's true. I didn't think it all the way through. That was the first thing that came to mind. I thought maybe talking online if she didn't want to go hang out with you somewhere but that's a bad idea now that I do think about it.

Regardless, the best approach is a direct one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty important to follow up quickly when you meet someone and there is mutual interest.

I think your only chance is to pretend that you havent been making googly eyes at her for six weeks and just ask her out like you met her five minutes ago.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet Ponks is 10000000x cooler than you, just look at the picture of him, and then realize you are 30+ years old and you're a rocket scientist who is married and you post on an internet message board all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the judgement. For the record, I'm 25 and I'm not afraid to talk to girls.

sfer
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Most. Unintentionally. Funny. Gimmick. Account. Ever.

Opraman
07-27-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just like your judgement of Ponks. Duhhhhhh

astroglide
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
it's OPERA, dumbass

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-27-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just like your judgement of Ponks. Duhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you left out the part where mine was accurate - the kid is afraid to talk to girls. Also, you were way off and had nothing to base yours on. Also, you can't even spell your gimmick name right.

asofel
07-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Good chance that she's got a boyfriend...how many incredibly hot girls do you know that don't?

A few posters have hit on the best play. Be confident, witty, relaxed, and just talk to her. Her attitude and personality matter greatly in what kind of things you can say, and what reactions you'll get. Telling her to stop by where you're going to be post-exam is easily better than asking if she wants to do something. Depending on what time it is and your habits it could be a bar for a drink, a casual place for lunch, grabbing coffee, etc. By saying "I'm grabbing lunch at X afterwards. You should stop by." you're appearing somewhat indifferent to her plans, not needy or asking for something.

Good luck and post a report.

bosoxfan
07-27-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
incredibly hot. 9.75/10

[/ QUOTE ]

What does she lose the quarter of a point for?

Lady Dont Tekno
07-27-2005, 12:00 PM
ahahaha commodus account is hilarious

LDT

Lady Dont Tekno
07-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Talk to her before the final. Ask her about the test, if she's ready, etc. Basic bs. Try to get her to smile/laugh a few times.

Then pop the "hey would you want to grab some lunch sometime?" or something equally innocent.

GL

LDT

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
incredibly hot. 9.75/10

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's .25 too skinny, but it's okay, I'm really skinny myself and prefer skinny girls. Not anorexic skinny, just pretty slim.

Ponks

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Alright, off to class I go. No idea what's really going to happen here. I'll post the results later. Should give me some motivation not to puss out.

Ponks

DemonDeac
07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
dont forget about actually passing the exam

Pocket Trips
07-27-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ths is completely irrelevant... Given the choice of sticking it in her pooper or paqssing the exam I think we know what the correct choice is..

classes can be repeated... giving him even more chances to stare longingly at girls while never speaking to them

DrSavage
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at her shoes first.

2planka
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Just stumbled across this thread. He's going down in flames.

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've got like a 95% in the class and only need a C to transfer so I'm not too worried about it. My mom teaches at this school so she wants me to get the A, but talking to this girl has a higher priority on my list.

Ponks

johnc
07-27-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lunch or coffee are usually always a safe options for her, even if she does have a boyfriend.

Pocket Trips
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just stumbled across this thread. He's going down in flames.

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can hear it now

Ponks : "Calculus is hard huh?"

Hot chick "yes it is"

Ponks: " Well if you wanna see something REALLY hard you should stop by my dorm"

HOt chick: Ewwwwww! ( as she maces ponks right before the exam)

Alobar
07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Its not gunna happen man, you arent ready. If this chick is as hot as you say she is, she wants confidence, the guy who waits till the LAST DAY of class to hit on her, isnt the kinda guy shes gunna go for.

"I dont want you to be the guy in the PG movie that everyone really hopes it happens for...I want you to be the guy in the rated R movie that, your not sure if you like this guy yet, your not quite sure where he is coming from...youre a bad man, bad man, bad man."

coffeecrazy1
07-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Repeat after me:

"Excuse me, (insert her name here, or even "Miss")...I find you to be an interesting person and would like to get to know you better. Would you like to go(do something that you are comfortable doing other than a movie) with me on Friday night?"

Notes:
1)Be confident. Girls smell fear, and it turns them off quicker than a noisy fart.
2)Be cool. Don't make it sound like you're about to slit your wrists if she says no. In fact, make it almost sound like you'd be doing her a favor(ALMOST is the key word).
3)Be specific. None of this "hey, we should go do something sometime soon" wishy-washy crap. Pin her down on a time and place, and if she says maybe, that means no.

*Note: I have trouble doing all of this, and I'm not the best at it, and it doesn't always work, but at least you will quit beating around the bush.

siccjay
07-27-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gives a [censored] about that?

jakethebake
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
incredibly hot. 9.75/10

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the hairlip.

siccjay
07-27-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By saying "I'm grabbing lunch at X afterwards. You should stop by." you're appearing somewhat indifferent to her plans, not needy or asking for something.

Good luck and post a report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect, use this.

RunDownHouse
07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
"I find you to be an interesting person?" Who talks like that?

The "I'm going to grab a bite to eat/a drink at ____, you should stop by" line is best. Good luck.

gorie
07-27-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i do (well , ok maybe not "i find you to be" exactly). it seems to creep people out...

then again i think i've only been forward enough to tell like two people that i thought they seemed cool/interesting, because i generally don't like people. so nevermind.

siccjay
07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who make things up to say to girls on the internet.

Ulysses
07-27-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be funny if you did this and she ended up hooking up with one of your buddies.

Yeti
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the hairlip.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

2planka
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
"So my virtual friends from an internet forum said I should ask you out. Do you want to eat something or just get right to the [censored]?"

asofel
07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The "I'm going to grab a bite to eat/a drink at ____, you should stop by" line is best. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

bad = "I find you to possess a stimulating personality".

good = "I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you."

Ok, but seriously, as I said before, and as you can basically see in office space, don't "ask". Don't be a prick, but be fun. Its a lighthearted, carefree, who cares what you say kind of thing. Women can smell fear, hesitation, lack of confidence, and just about everything else that will f your game up.

Tell her you're eating/drinking at X and that she should stop by afterwards. Don't say "if you feel like maybe having something possibly to ingest"...keep it simple, confident, and just do it.

Warik
07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have nothing to lose really

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Look, if this girl already likes you, then she's probably already wondering why you haven't said anything to her.

If she DOESN'T like you, then 100:1 nothing you say will change that.

So just go talk to her.

Seriously.

Write this on your hand.

"Hi, I'm <insert your name here>. Would you like to join me for lunch?"

I can guarantee that embarassment, death, dismemberment, or any other such undesirable fates will not occur.

Oh, and don't forget to pay for lunch even if she insists on going half. You are on a date, a first date, and as such, you will pay. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Lady Dont Tekno
07-27-2005, 02:17 PM
So Ponks is probably at the test right now. Any predictions?

LDT

Yeti
07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't speak to her, for whatever reason. If he does, she has a boyfriend. I hope to be proved wrong.

Eurotrash
07-27-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be optimistic and say that Ponks get his dick wet.

DemonDeac
07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DemonDeac
07-27-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he says something to her, but she has a boyfriend whos on the football team who sits to the right of the both of them in class and he beats the [censored] outta ponks before the exam.....

j/k. she has a boyfriend but lets him down easy. hopefully she isn't a cocktease enough to actually eat with him before saying anything

Alobar
07-27-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't speak to her, for whatever reason. If he does, she has a boyfriend. I hope to be proved wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, he'll either chicken out, or stand around like a dumbass outside the class for a while and then akwardly fire off some obviously rehearsed line. She will then smile and explain she has a BF. Then he'll come back here and tell us she has a BF, and that he thinks he would have had a chance if she hadn't, never even realizing that she doesnt.

I hope we are wrong tho, and that shes secretly been harboring a desire for him. he asks her to lunch, and she says "how do you feel about my pussy?"

2planka
07-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Ponks shoots....... he scores!

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This.. Or, if you know of a party coming up or something.. Just don't be all nervous and stuff like I would be.

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any predictions?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/dvdreviews/rockyanthologycap.jpg

PAIN!

meep_42
07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

She's not into him. If she were, she would have found excuses to talk to him about something other than class in the past 2 months.

-d

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

U Bozos should have told him to mention that he's familiar with respected poster and renaissance man "BeerMoney". It doesn't hurt to name drop a little bit.

meep_42
07-27-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any predictions?

[/ QUOTE ]

PAIN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.

-d

Alobar
07-27-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any predictions?

[/ QUOTE ]

PAIN!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah, easily POTD

meep_42
07-27-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

U Bozos should have told him to mention that he's familiar with respected poster and renaissance man "BeerMoney". It doesn't hurt to name drop a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

He should have told her he was All County in '95.

-d

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-27-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]
No way in hell. If he summons up the courage before the test, she'll just blow him off. If he waits around like a stalker afterward, she'll be creeped out and blow him off.

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he gets a new account.

07-27-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the hairlip.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hairlip"? That doesn't even make sense. It's harelip.

It's not so much a misspelling as it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning and origins of the word. Also, good god, this gimmick account is terrible.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Where's the nearest bridge?!

Heh, I suck at life, I didnt even talk to her. I got to the room about 10 minutes before the exam started, she wasnt there, only like 5 people were (about 12 in the class now). So when she got there, she didnt look at me when she walked in, when she normally does. So right away I wasnt feeling too confident. So I'm sitting in my chair looking over my notes and she sets her stuff down and starts talking to the girl next to her asking about some questions from previous quizzes we had had. I didnt really see a chance to enter the conversation cause I would have had to turn around. I'm terrible, I'm just not good at starting converastions. Anyways the teacher walked in and we started the exam.

So anyways after about 45 mins, I'm nearing the end of it working on finishing up a few essays and she heads up to the teacher to ask her a question. I know which question she is on by the question she asks and she is way behind me, so I turn in my exam and leave not wanting to wait around for 30 mins.

Thanks for the help guys, good learning experience, next time I'll not wait so damn long, hopefully.

Ponks

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, good god, this gimmick account is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so bad I almost made a gimmick account just to attack it.

Bluffoon
07-27-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This to me reeks of insincerity and insecurity. Have the confidence to put yourself out there a little bit. Show some interest and show that you are secure enough to be a little vulnerable.

This statement makes it seem like you could care less. If I liked someone I would be insulted. I would want them to care a little.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This to me reeks of insincerity and insecurity. Have the confidence to put yourself out there a little bit. Show some interest and show that you are secure enough to be a little vulnerable.

This statement makes it seem like you could care less. If I liked someone I would be insulted. I would want them to care a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked in Office Space though and he got Jennifer Aniston.

Ponks

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be funny if you did this and she ended up hooking up with one of your buddies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it would be a funny bus ride home for her too.

meep_42
07-27-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

-d

Bluffoon
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked in Office Space though and he got Jennifer Aniston.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a girlfriend so I can't but I'd like every single guy on this board to try this line on a cute girl in the next twenty four hours and report back on whether it works or not.

It would be an interesting experiment.

Oh I see things didn't work out. The funny thing about rejection is that once you get rejected a few times you see its not so bad and after a while its like "shrug" next?!....
Dont sweat it and embrace rejection it is your friend.

JinX11
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Another defeat for OOT.

Where's the moderator????

Lady Dont Tekno
07-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Ouch. Well if you're school has thefacebook.com use that and let the stalking begin.

LDT

John McEnroe
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the hairlip.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hairlip"? That doesn't even make sense. It's harelip.

It's not so much a misspelling as it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning and origins of the word. Also, good god, this gimmick account is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS!!!

You are a COMPLETE FAILURE!!!

Not funny in the SLIGHTEST!

Now shut the [censored] up and leave you worthless piece of [censored]!

That ball was OUT!

2planka
07-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Ponks,

Next semester you must chat up every chick you think you possibly might want to tag at some point. And you must start right away. Make your intentions clear. Carpet bomb the coeds. Sheer volume should land you some tail.

Worst case you look like a dork. So worst case is pretty much where you are right now.

Human beings are social creatures. Human beings of college age are very social creatures, with the added bonus that college age humans are also very horny creatures.

Seems like you idealize chicks you find interesting. This creates a cluster [censored] in your guts. You think somehow that her acceptance/rejection matters in the grand scheme.

You're in college, dude. See it and hit it. Rinse and repeat. No strings attached.

chaas4747
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Good job.

JinX11
07-27-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ponks,

Next semester you must chat up every chick you think you possibly might want to tag at some point. And you must start right away. Make your intentions clear. Carpet bomb the coeds. Sheer volume should land you some tail.

Worst case you look like a dork. So worst case is pretty much where you are right now.

Human beings are social creatures. Human beings of college age are very social creatures, with the added bonus that college age humans are also very horny creatures.

Seems like you idealize chicks you find interesting. This creates a cluster [censored] in your guts. You think somehow that her acceptance/rejection matters in the grand scheme.

You're in college, dude. See it and hit it. Rinse and repeat. No strings attached.

[/ QUOTE ]

And wear your striped shirt....

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
My thoughts...

Dude, one thing that was bad was that you weren't interested in just [censored] her. This is bad because for you, an average guy to be having a relationship with a 9.75 is just ridiculous. Not gonna work. Dude, she's gonna have guys everyday gawking at her. Are you that special to make her not want to experiment with other people. This would be nothing but trouble. Your best bet with a situation like this, would be to bang her, date for like 2 weeks, then dump her. She calls you up all being pathetic and stuff, u hang in there like a champ AND LET THE REST OF THE WORLD KNOW this girl is begging for you back. It will make other chicks around you dig you.

Long term relationship with a 9.75.........No.. Save that for the ballers.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Let's calibrate the scale here. I'd like to see some pictures of what Ponks thinks is a 10, a 9.5, a 9.75, etc. Or, you can just share the stalker photos you have. That'd probably be easier.

2planka
07-27-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's calibrate the scale here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I advocate the carpet-bomb approach. The lad needs to develop his own bell curve.

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's calibrate the scale here. I'd like to see some pictures of what Ponks thinks is a 10, a 9.5, a 9.75, etc. Or, you can just share the stalker photos you have. That'd probably be easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

My definition of a 9.75 is one very small flaw.. Like, "her eyebrows are kinda bushy" or, "her tits point out" or "her smily is a little gummy" type.. minor flaw.

But ya, this girl was probably and 8.5-9.

See, Ponks probably romanticized this chick into being a queen, some chick who's never taken a dump.

RunDownHouse
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BeerMoney's childish attempts at manipulation

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty ridiculous. We know that Ponks in particular has a little too much insecurity and not enough confidence, but not every average guy is like that. There are guys out there who can handle dating a girl that looks better than them.

He doesn't need some scheme to toy with her emotions. He needs to do the exact opposite, which is to act like an adult and ask her out.

Yeti
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

As per. I know I didn't specify this in the post so I'm aftertiming, but I genuinely thought he would finish the exam before her and not wait for her.

OP : WHY?!? Are you not willing to wait 30 mins for possible sex? I despair.

I genuinely wish you better luck next time.

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BeerMoney's childish attempts at manipulation

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty ridiculous. We know that Ponks in particular has a little too much insecurity and not enough confidence, but not every average guy is like that. There are guys out there who can handle dating a girl that looks better than them.

He doesn't need some scheme to toy with her emotions. He needs to do the exact opposite, which is to act like an adult and ask her out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya dude, we all know that looks are more important to guys than girls.

But, I'm afraid you're pretty naive my friend. Dude, the problem a lot of guys have is they give their GF's way too much credit. They trust that she's a good person, with genuine motives. When, the reality is, that most of them are status hungry, and more ego driven then men.

Dude, for a guy to have a hot sig. other 1 of the following criteria have to be met

1.) He needs to be famous, or have some other sort of status.. Lawyer, Doctor, well known in the area he lives..

2.) He needs to be loaded.

3.) He needs to be incredibly good looking

4.) He's hung like Secretariat

5.) He's an incredible human being.. He's very well liked, and has a huge heart

6.) He's got incredible charisma and humor.

6.) she's foreign

Ponks
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My definition of a 9.75 is one very small flaw.. Like, "her eyebrows are kinda bushy" or, "her tits point out" or "her smily is a little gummy" type.. minor flaw.

But ya, this girl was probably and 8.5-9.

See, Ponks probably romanticized this chick into being a queen, some chick who's never taken a dump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, really, she really was really hot.

Ponks

Ponks
07-27-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ponks,

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a good plan. At school I typically go out like 5-6 nights a week, so this should be fun.

Ponks

bosoxfan
07-27-2005, 04:04 PM
I wasn't really paying attention and don't feel like going back to look. When is the final?

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't really paying attention and don't feel like going back to look. When is the final?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's already over. Our hero has already failed us, but vows to do better next semester.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It started 2 1/2 hours ago and ended about 1 1/2 ago for me, not sure when for her, but prob about an hour ago /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EDIT- Ops missed Patrick's reponse there. But yes, I do vow to do better and will be back with more advice questions.

Ponks

RunDownHouse
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But, I'm afraid you're pretty naive my friend. Dude, the problem a lot of guys have is they give their GF's way too much credit. They trust that she's a good person, with genuine motives. When, the reality is, that most of them are status hungry, and more ego driven then men.

Dude, for a guy to have a hot sig. other 1 of the following criteria have to be met

1.) He needs to be famous, or have some other sort of status.. Lawyer, Doctor, well known in the area he lives..

6.) she's foreign

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot 8.) She isn't a soulless, vapid whore.

I agree that the vast majority of women are drawn to money, power, and status like moths to the flame, but there are still women out there who aren't. And even if they're a significant minority of all women, considering the number of people in this country, there are quite a few of them, so some are bound to be hot. If you're seeing a girl - any girl, not just the hot ones - it should be pretty easy to figure out if she's after you or your wallet. Tailor your relationship with her accordingly.

I'm not naive. Its just aggravating to me that the way most people 18-28 or so handle relationships is by being as duplicitous as possible. Seriously, dump her to make himself more attractive to other girls? What is this, high school?

[i]EDIT: Oh, and too bad, Ponks. At least you know how you went wrong and what to do in the future.

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

6.)[sic] she's foreign

[/ QUOTE ]

I say you can get by with any one of the first 3, or any two of the last 4.

Eurotrash
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Nah, really, she really was really hot.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

really?

2planka
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.)[sic] she's foreign

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say you can get by with any one of the first 3, or any two of the last 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Item 4 gets you in the door.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Really. I wish I had a picture. Perfect face/lips/hair/eyes combo. Nice body, especially a nice rack for a girl her size. As I said before I took off .25 because I'm sure some people would think she is a little bit too skinny.

Ponks

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to write a reply to disagree with you. Then this popped into my head....

http://www.jonsaintgermain.com/images/jeremy.jpg

BeerMoney
07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not naive. Its just aggravating to me that the way most people 18-28 or so handle relationships is by being as duplicitous as possible. Seriously, dump her to make himself more attractive to other girls? What is this, high school?

[/ QUOTE ]

He might as well.. At least he can get something from it. She'll end up dumping him for some stupid reason like "i need space" or, "i love you, i'm just not in love with you.." insert some other cliche that chicks come up with to try and make their love life seem all complex and deep.. Meanwhile all they really mean is, "I'm bored, I heard Chad has a nice beach house...."

2planka
07-27-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

I was about to write a reply to disagree with you. Then this popped into my head....

http://www.jonsaintgermain.com/images/jeremy.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Eegs
07-27-2005, 04:49 PM
damn, Im sad...I wanted it to happen

TheMainEvent
07-27-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it did, it would probably be assumed by most that OP was lying. So we lose either way.

Ponks
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it did, it would probably be assumed by most that OP was lying. So we lose either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I guess. I dont really have a reason to lie, not really looking for respect from people I don't even know /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ponks

Indiana
07-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Solution:Print out this thread, put your phone# on it and shove it in her bag on your way out...

Indy

siccjay
07-27-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and don't forget to pay for lunch even if she insists on going half. You are on a date, a first date, and as such, you will pay. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

This guy sucks with girls.

siccjay
07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This to me reeks of insincerity and insecurity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, no it doesn't.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would be insulted by this, you are way to sensitive.

You definitely want the girl to think it really doesn't matter if she comes or not.

siccjay
07-27-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good list, but this is the most important one, without a shadow of a doubt.

jakethebake
11-03-2005, 09:47 AM
There was no reason to ninja bump this siccjay.