PDA

View Full Version : QQ in BB

brettbrettr
07-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Ugh, is this just about the worst fold ever?

PartyPoker - $10/$20 Texas - 9 players

Button is 27/7/1.9 (142)
UTG+1 is 43/8/.6 (46)
MP2 is 34/18/1(43)
MP3 is 39/9/1.4 (63)
CO is 028/9/1.7 (424)

Hero is BB with Qs Qc

PreFlop
UTG folds, UTG+1 Calls, MP1 folds, MP2 Calls, MP3 Calls, CO Calls, Button Calls
SB folds, Hero RAISES, UTG+1 Calls, MP2 Calls, MP3 Calls, CO Calls, Button Calls

(6 players) FLOP: 8s 9s Td ( Pot Size: 6.25 BB )
Hero BETS, UTG+1 Calls, MP2 Calls, MP3 RAISES, CO folds, Button folds
Hero RAISES, UTG+1 Calls, MP2 Calls, MP3 Calls

(4 players) TURN: 9d ( Pot Size: 12.25 BB )
Hero BETS, UTG+1 Calls, MP2 Calls, MP3 RAISES
Hero folds

Brunger
07-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Stats seem a bit laggy and we have six outs against trip 9s but his line is very much indicative of a set/str8 so our outs can be very tainted and as little a 2. Pot is very large though I think that I would see a showdown.

chief444
07-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely call this one down. You're probably behind but the pots pretty big. You also have more than 2 outs a lot of the time and occasionally you'll be folding an 8-outer against 67.

brettbrettr
07-26-2005, 11:52 PM
It felt like a great fold until I realized how big the pot was. I'm an idiot

On the one hand, I've become more wary or situations where its a rather large field and I'm inflating the pot with a BB raise. The hand ranges are really, really wide.

On the other, this pot was way too big for me not to call one more.

07-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Brett, given that extremely nasty board, I think a check-call line on the turn wouldn't be too bad. With all the players involved, this board hit someone and there would no shame in trying to get to see the river as cheap as possible.

Given the board, I think your hand is worth about 3 outs--15.5 to 1--so I guess you can justify a call.

If you don't improve, do you call the river?

brettbrettr
07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brett, given that extremely nasty board, I think a check-call line on the turn wouldn't be too bad. With all the players involved, this board hit someone and there would no shame in trying to get to see the river as cheap as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a viable line? Can I 3-bet the flop and check-call the turn? I don't think I can and I don't think there's anything wrong with the flop 3-bet. My gutshot and /images/graemlins/spade.gif plus the chance that I'm ahead make this seem ok.

07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with leading on the turn, but with that many opponents on that type of board, the 9 hitting can cause you problems, and it did.

I like Miller's axiom of "tend to bet less, when you don't know how to handle getting raised." This board sucks, I can't be sure how good my hand is, and if I get popped I'm in the dark. We've had hands we've discussed before about internet players bluffing when the board pairs. However, he's raising the field, you're probably behind to a slowplayed flop monster or turned trips.

Check calling is okay. You might have 6 clean outs.

Get to the river cheap.

brettbrettr
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he's raising the field, you're probably behind to a slowplayed flop monster or turned trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought. But not seeing the river is silly.

I really don't know if I could 3-bet-check.

chief444
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, but I generally try to inflate pots as much as possible with QQ too...even after it lost for me overall in 76 times last week. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

07-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Of course you should see the river. Your hand is probably worth about 3 outs, and combined with the possibility that you still might be ahead, I think you're getting more than enough to pay off, river included.

PM me with the results. I'm curious.

brettbrettr
07-27-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PM me with the results. I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded. Heh.