PDA

View Full Version : Plane crash/ABC news

11-12-2001, 12:36 PM
Plane crashed in New York, a while ago. Before any facts have been gathered, ABC news has tried to CONVINCE the public, no terroism was involved. WHY?

11-12-2001, 02:56 PM
From the news reports that I just watched they are saying that there is no evidence that any terrorism was involved. Obviously the reason this is being stressed is that the threat of terrorism has the potential to scare the public, ruin the airline industry, and damage those places that depend heavily on the airline industry.

Even though this is a terrible tragedy, I think that ABC and the other networks are correct in stressing that there is no evidence of terrorism. Hopefully proper investigations can bring the facts quickly to light.

11-12-2001, 05:04 PM
The state of the world's economy is already in very bad shape. No need to stressed it any further. Hopefully, it was not due to acts of terror.

11-12-2001, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't it be great if news reports told you what happened and didn't feel the need to impose their slant on the meaning of what happened?

They always say that "there is no evidence to suggest". Well, if there is no eveidence to suggest then there is no evidence to suggest so don't suggest. We can't rule out terrorism means that you can't rule in terrorism so why bring it up at all?

I'm getting pretty fed up with the media tryin to project what might happen as if they're predicting the weather. They screw up elections by projecting when most of us would be very happy to wait until the votes are counted.

And one last thing, after President Bush speaks, not exactly the most erudite orater in recent times, I don't need some newscaster telling me what he said as if Bush wasn't speaking English.

That's it.

11-13-2001, 11:49 PM
I do not find competing theories to be more assuring. I first heard experts say the plane may have been brought down by a few birds. Having now found the jet's engines to be intact (and sans feathers), they are now suggesting that the plane could have been torn apart by wind.

I was already aware that terrorists could easily blow up an airliner by placing a bomb in checked baggage, since the airlines only inspect/X-ray all the luggage on international flights. I was not aware that a gust of wind might tear the jet apart.

I would feel safer if the airlines started to inspect all checked baggage instead of making a show of preventing grandma from carrying a nail file onto the plane.

-Mike