PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest hand I've played at 6-max in a *long* time.

Entity
07-26-2005, 09:51 PM
UTG is a maniac 65/30/2.6. Coldcaller #1 is generally loose-passive. His flop raise means he has trips here frequently. Button is very loose-passive. SB is loose and mildly aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (15 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB

blackize
07-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Why are you checking the turn? It looks like the other two love their hands and you have the 2nd nuts right now. On the river I might be a little bit afraid of quads, but not afraid enough to keep me from capping.

krishanleong
07-26-2005, 09:55 PM
nh, what can you do on the turn? Sometimes you miss.

Krishan

Entity
07-26-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you checking the turn? It looks like the other two love their hands and you have the 2nd nuts right now. On the river I might be a little bit afraid of quads, but not afraid enough to keep me from capping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I the turn check was fairly obvious.

blackize
07-26-2005, 10:11 PM
With that much action on the flop why bother going for a checkraise is what I'm asking. These people look in love with their hands and will get into a raising war anyways so there is no need to get fancy.

GetThere1Time
07-26-2005, 10:18 PM
If we bet, a raise from the aggressor(UTG) might drive out a player or two when we have the virtual lock. You're right, people do look like they love their hands, especially UTG. So why not check and trap the field for 2 and maybe more since people are more likely to call 2 bets once they call the first one.