PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand?

MrStretchie
07-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Hero is on the button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, 6 folds, CO limps, Hero limps, SB raises, all call.

Flop (6 players, 12 sb):
K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG raises, 2 folds, Hero...?

hobbsmann
07-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I think this is a call. You have at least 5.5 outs (gutshot +bkdoor flush) and it's possible that your A outs are good as well. The pot is immediately laying you 8:1 and could be as much if as 9:1 if both SB and BB call as well.

What about the possiblity of 3-betting to clear up A outs and then taking a free card on the turn, is this way out of line? I think I'm talking crazy talk but anyway....

Paxosmotic
07-26-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the possiblity of 3-betting to clear up A outs and then taking a free card on the turn, is this way out of line? I think I'm talking crazy talk but anyway....

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no one left to act that hasn't already put money in the pot, no one's going anywhere. I wouldn't mind a value raise though, as we should have enough equity that every bet going into the pot makes us money, right?

dozer
07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
you took this from SSHE hand quiz and changed it a little didn't you? In SSHE it says to 3-bet. To clean outs and possibly get a free card on the turn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrStretchie
07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you took this from SSHE hand quiz and changed it a little didn't you? In SSHE it says to 3-bet. To clean outs and possibly get a free card on the turn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to ruin my troll - quick, delete your post /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrStretchie
07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and my immediate answer was wrong, but after thinking about theirs, it made a lot of sense. Was wondering how others would do.. (But congrats on knowing your material /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Paxosmotic
07-26-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and my immediate answer was wrong, but after thinking about theirs, it made a lot of sense. Was wondering how others would do.. (But congrats on knowing your material /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be home in 90 minutes and I'm looking very forward to reviewing this. The way this hand is laid out, I don't see any way to clean up any outs here, and the freecard looks only moderately useful since we're about to drop down to 4 outs on the turn if we don't get our suit out there.

dozer
07-26-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this hand in the quiz well because I also got it wrong and did not agree with reraising at first. It is a very aggressive play, and I agree with it now because the pot is quite large and investing 1 more sb is worth it if you can increase your winning chances.

MrStretchie
07-26-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think there's every chance you're folding out SB's AQ/AJs for one..

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this hand in the quiz well because I also got it wrong and did not agree with reraising at first. It is a very aggressive play, and I agree with it now because the pot is quite large and investing 1 more sb is worth it if you can increase your winning chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

hicherbie
07-26-2005, 10:14 PM
good post, nice reminder of aggressive play when the pot is a decent size.