PDA

View Full Version : 87s flops bottom two pair in loose 5/10

fimbulwinter
07-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Crazy game, most pots very multiway. blinds are super LAG's and losing heavily, MP is solid.

3 limps to be on button, i limp with 87/images/graemlins/spade.gif, blinds come along.

T/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif (60)

SB leads for 50, BB calls, MP calls, I desperately want to fold...

fim

EDIT: we all have $1K or so.

Yeti
07-26-2005, 09:44 PM
boooooo!.......

ML4L
07-26-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I desperately want to fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ML4L

Yeti
07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
boooooo!.......

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a sign of my displeasure, if that wasn't apparent.

I can't fold this. Make it $200 more. If you get called, get the rest in on a non-threatening turn.

ML4L
07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

Yeti
07-26-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, push?

fimbulwinter
07-26-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
boooooo!.......

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a sign of my displeasure, if that wasn't apparent.

I can't fold this. Make it $200 more. If you get called, get the rest in on a non-threatening turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

what happens if someone pushes? I'm getting great odds on a call where i get to draw dead a lot of times...

fim

ML4L
07-26-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strike two... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ML4L

fimbulwinter
07-26-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you mean call and play some pokar on the turn.

i can't think of anything I like about a proper raise here...

fim

arod15
07-26-2005, 09:58 PM
tough fold. i wouldnt do it but your prob right to do it....

Yeti
07-26-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strike two... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that means I got it wrong again. I'm not that well up on baseball.

Good, I pretty much hate pushing here. I guess you call and see what develops on the turn then.

Meh, each to their own. FWIW, when I make it $200 I call if one of the crazy LAG blinds go allin, and toss a coin if MP pushes.

creedofhubris
07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Deep stacks.
2. Position.
3. Might be behind, but have outs to improve.

= call.

Dr. StrangeloveX
07-26-2005, 10:02 PM
lol, at least you aren't in the small blind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

fimbulwinter
07-26-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Deep stacks.
2. Position.

= call.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you confident i have 4 outs here?

fim

creedofhubris
07-26-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Deep stacks.
2. Position.

= call.

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you should be dying to get chips into the pot against two LAGswho have been losing steadily. Save your tough folds for nits.

fimbulwinter
07-26-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $200 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

boooooo!.......

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Deep stacks.
2. Position.

= call.

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you should be dying to get chips into the pot against two LAGswho have been losing steadily. Save your tough folds for nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point

fim

Maier
07-27-2005, 12:50 AM
I haven't read the other posts, only the first two,

but if you feel that the loose aggressive blinds are trapping through their call, why not call and re-evaluate turn? This way, you haven't raised the pot in which many terrible cards come, you can see the action on the turn and make an easy fold based on their action, or fill up and stack some lags. Easy call to me.

JooWish622
07-27-2005, 12:55 AM
whoever advocated folding on this flop and not calling, take a good shameful look at yourselves.

call+reassess

fimbulwinter
07-27-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whoever advocated folding on this flop and not calling, take a good shameful look at yourselves.

call+reassess

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch.
http://images.oldglory.com/product/017993CTDEc.jpg

fim

durrrr
07-27-2005, 07:42 AM
CALL. easy fold on turn if too much action, but good chance to win a nice pot for a 50$ investment... I think a call here is way +EV

bunky9590
07-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Long time my friend.

This is one of the few times in NLHE that I actually prefer a call. I can't raise when half the deck is gonna kill me on the turn, and I surely can't fold. (contrary to the OP beliefs) Smooth call the 50, and see what the turn brings and evaluate persons betting and how much from there.

IHateCats
07-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Multiway unraised pots are really nasty on a board like this but since you know your opponents in the blinds are LAG, you're clearly getting pot odds to call and assess the action on the turn if a blank comes.

I'm not willing to go all the way here but unlike most other posters I don't have a problem with raising, if someone comes over the top dump it, you could easily be drawing extremely thin against made straight, 10-8 or dead if someone has 10-10 or 8-8 but and you aren't far enough ahead of the draws to be worth the risk but there is a lot to be said for narrowing the field with a solid raise here on the flop and then checking the turn if checked to and calling down any reasonable sized bets assuming the flush or a J or a 6 doesn't hit. If you get multiple callers, you're done with the hand too unless you hit an 8 or a 7 on the turn.

FoxwoodsFiend
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Multiway unraised pots are really nasty on a board like this but since you know your opponents in the blinds are LAG, you're clearly getting pot odds to call and assess the action on the turn if a blank comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of odds do you think he needs to call? It seems like either he's ahead or behind, and the pot odds don't matter as they're not close to adequate for filling up (if he's behind) or they're irrelevant since he's ahead.

JooWish622
07-27-2005, 11:01 AM
its not only the pot odds here. Theres a good chance that hero is ahead in which case, you're right, a raise could be +ev. However, he might be more ahead when a blank turn hits, then hero could fire out the times he is ahead. In the cases he's behind, it is slightly less -ev to call, than to raise and you have a chance to fill on the turn. There is a given ni this example that hero is ahead more times than he is behind, given hand strength and the poor play of the lags, which is why calling+reassessing and firing a blank turn seems to be a better play.

fimbulwinter
07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Long time my friend.

This is one of the few times in NLHE that I actually prefer a call. I can't raise when half the deck is gonna kill me on the turn, and I surely can't fold. (contrary to the OP beliefs) Smooth call the 50, and see what the turn brings and evaluate persons betting and how much from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

bunky!

how the hell are you? hope all goes well.

If I'm in NY next year, you're drinking on my tab.

fim

lapoker17
07-27-2005, 04:28 PM
I would sometimes be inclined to raise this preflop.

Not really useful to the hand - Where I think the obvious play is to call - but just something to think about.

fimbulwinter
07-27-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would sometimes be inclined to raise this preflop.

Not really useful to the hand - Where I think the obvious play is to call - but just something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i might start doing that too against better players.

fim

bunky9590
07-27-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bunky!

how the hell are you? hope all goes well.

[/ QUOTE ]

bunky is great. 4 tabling the 15-30 mostly right now. But I still play in some NL live games that are relatively deep stacked. I try to keep the game sharp.

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm in NY next year, you're drinking on my tab.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I'll take you up on my friend. Sorry to have been away so long.

bunky9590
07-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Any day now fim. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

fimbulwinter
07-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I call, turn A/images/graemlins/club.gif and I'm out. SB's J9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif loses most of his stack to mp's KQ/images/graemlins/club.gif. but really, how could you put him on a flush draw? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fim

creedofhubris
07-30-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call, turn A/images/graemlins/club.gif and I'm out. SB's J9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif loses most of his stack to mp's KQ/images/graemlins/club.gif. but really, how could you put him on a flush draw? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good.