PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Trouble?

Scotch78
07-26-2005, 08:45 PM
SB looks like a standard, but slightly passive chook. BB is 19/6/31 over 350+. His AF goes 2/2/1.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero . . .

Scott

cartman
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
In my opinion this is an easy raise. Your hand is too strong to fold and you need to knock SB out of the pot. I think that in a multiway pot the decision making should often go in the following order:

1) Should I fold? If the answer is no, then......
2) Is raising better than calling.

Cartman

Scotch78
07-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I raised, SB folded. Turn was the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB checks, Hero . . .

Scott

clownshoes
07-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Um... bets
I dont see how that card changes anything

goofball
07-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Not raising is very bad.

Scotch78
07-26-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Um... bets
I dont see how that card changes anything

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot, considering the OP stopped on the flop. I bet, BB calls. River is the 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Do you value bet it? Also, I am very curious what range of hands you guys are putting him on. With the possible exception of A5s, the 5 and 2 either missed him or made him a set. So, I'm looking at another king or a pocket pair. If he plays a worse kicker, and I don't think he does, it's suited and almost certainly paired up by the river. So I'm basically hoping that he has 88-JJ more often than 77, 66, 55, and a king.

Scott

mungpo
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Raise the flop and bet the turn.

sinfulslick18
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
raise the flop bet the turn

-sinful

cartman
07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
I bet the turn and fold to a checkraise. If the river isn't a 2, 5, A, or diamond, then I grit my teeth and bet again if and only if I think he would have led the flop without a King (probably unlikely).

Cartman

StellarWind
07-28-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot, considering the OP stopped on the flop. I bet, BB calls. River is the 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Do you value bet it? Also, I am very curious what range of hands you guys are putting him on. With the possible exception of A5s, the 5 and 2 either missed him or made him a set. So, I'm looking at another king or a pocket pair. If he plays a worse kicker, and I don't think he does, it's suited and almost certainly paired up by the river. So I'm basically hoping that he has 88-JJ more often than 77, 66, 55, and a king.

[/ QUOTE ]
BB called one bet preflop 3-handed against an aggressive Button and a weak player. His range is probably much wider than you give him credit for.

Now listen to what he's been telling you:

1. Did he checkraise the flop to trap SB for two bets? Or did he feed you a bet so you could KO SB?

2. Once the autoraise disposed of SB, did he punish you by 3-betting or was his work done?

3. When that seven turned, did he checkraise you or just call to see the river?

4. When the six rivered, did he bet his hand or give you a free showdown that he should realize you will very often take with (e.g.) AQ or 44?

I can't promise you that you won't be pipped by K9 or be checkraised by 65. But it's a percentage game and you need to make this bet.

JrJordan
07-28-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

4. When the six rivered, did he bet his hand or give you a free showdown that he should realize you will very often take with (e.g.) AQ or 44?

[/ QUOTE ]

This last point alone may have just improved my value betting abilities 10-fold. Well spoken as always Stellar.