PDA

View Full Version : The Rules of Pushing

Insomnia
07-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I am having trouble with which hands to push or raise. I play the $11's so you might have to adjust your response to fit the looser play. Also if someone could give me some advice for the $22's that would help.
Im looking for hands to push from; first position, middle position, CO, Button and SB when it is 5-6 handed. Also include diffrent chip stacks that woudl affect the decisions.
Also what hands to push on the bubble, from the diffrent positions, and the diffrent chip stacks.
And finally, ITM, which hands become pushable.
When is it appropriate to re-raise some1 when they have been min-raising your BB all game?
Im not looking for a huge essay, just a short response that will give me some insight.

PS: What should be your play if your raise is called and the flop comes blanks. Should you check and fold, or move all in and hope he missed?

wiggs73
07-26-2005, 06:54 PM
You realize you're asking us to summarize about 80% of the content of this forum, ever. This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. Just read the forum, you'll get an idea of what hands to push and when to push them.

citanul
07-26-2005, 06:57 PM
come on man:

"i'm wondering if someone could please summarize for me how to play from 6 handed on and or from 10bb or shorter on, from all positions, at all blinds, etc"

OR, you could try reading the forum some, and figuring out some of this stuff yourself?

citanul

iraise50
07-26-2005, 07:11 PM
"In other words...fly me to the moon" Frank Sinatra said it best.

You're asking for a lot in one post, but I will try to help you. In the FAQ there was a lot of information that helped me, but much of it is no longer there. Try web page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1918735&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) :

If it is part of the SNG FAQ, I missed it, but that FAQ seems very different than it was before, so, my apologies.

Anyways, I know you are wanting better help, I think that link that I referred you to is about the best thing I ever read. He links to about a gazillion useful, at least somewhat, articles, that will answer what you asked, and what you never even knew you dind't know to ask.

Best of luck, and try to ask more specific questions in the future so people (might) answer seriously.

tigerite
07-26-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PS: What should be your play if your raise is called and the flop comes blanks. Should you check and fold, or move all in and hope he missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "neither".

AlphaWice
07-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I find that for the $11's (and only the 11s) it is much more +EV to raise something that will commit yourself rather than raise all in (ie., raise 700 instead of 1000 all in.) The reason is as follows.

If you are playing someone competent enough that they know that is basically an all in, they will put 1000 in every single time if they are calling or more. (that 300 will go in postflop or on the flop asap.)

If you are not playing someone competent enough, they may fold to a 300 bet on the flop. However, if they hit you are screwed. But many times they will fold to such a marginal bet with respect to the pot, because most the time they dont hit. This is why you should make this play as you get alot of FE.

jeffraider
07-26-2005, 08:14 PM
sure bro i'll get right on that for you