PDA

View Full Version : GRATS TO "ZEN"

skipperbob
07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gifI'm sure that other 2+2'er's will join me in "Grats-2-Zen" on the healthy arrival (last night) of the newest little 'McPherzen'...Baby "Mia Christine"....Baby & Mother are fine.

B-T-W....Mark McPherzen, aka: "Zen" & "Bank" is a very bright fellow and accomplished poker player (I chose to back his play at WSOP this year)...He "lurks" at this forum and chooses to appear (like a CaddyShack gopher) only when he can criticize one of my posts....Very Strange /images/graemlins/confused.gif

microbet
07-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Hmm....(<----look Drapes 4 dots!!!!)2 calls for Grats posts on the front page at the same time.

Ok, Congratulations Zen!

Apathy
07-26-2005, 06:46 PM
congrats on the baby, wow theres lots of daddys in the HU tourney now, I am picking non-dads over dad's any takers?

SuitedSixes
07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Congratulations 'Zen.

I gave another 2+2er my tips for fatherhood and he told me this one came in especially handy, "Buy your wife flowers at the hospital and at home." Evidentally this is important, but no one ever told me. You are all now informed and your futures will be happier as a result.

citanul
07-26-2005, 06:56 PM
congrats zen!

citanul

SuitedSixes
07-26-2005, 07:00 PM
So . . . I'm guessing your best friend has now seen your wife naked. That won't be awkward at the next barbeque.

skipperbob
07-26-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing your best friend has now seen your wife naked. That won't be awkward at the next barbeque.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Hey 66's: Apparently you haven't heard any of the Lake Powell ski-trip stories /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

cleinen
07-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Congrats

wuwei
07-26-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations 'Zen.

I gave another 2+2er my tips for fatherhood and he told me this one came in especially handy, "Buy your wife flowers at the hospital and at home." Evidentally this is important, but no one ever told me. You are all now informed and your futures will be happier as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where was this 3 months ago, man? If I'd only known...

SlackerMcFly
07-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Suweet! Congratulations to the happy family. Now the pressure is on for Zen to earn more at the tables.

BTW, I don't miss changing diapers one bit......

johnnybeef
07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
congrats on the baby, wow theres lots of daddys in the HU tourney now, I am picking non-dads over dad's any takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, all I know is that after all is said and done, I will be somebodys daddy. In all seriousness, Congrats Zen.

lacky
07-26-2005, 07:18 PM
youd get powned. Nothing teaches concentration like playing through the bubble on 6 tables with a kid that was sleeping peacefull that is now screaming it's head off in your lap while you yell for your wife, who's too damn tired to wake up, cause she let you sleep all day so youd be awake enought to work without losing money. Meanwhile the other kid has woken up from all the noise and needs a bottle and a daiper change. So, without timing out on any hands, you wake the wife just enough to breast feed the kid, play some hands, fill the bottle, play some hands, change the butt, pat, kiss, cover, sit down and finish the set.

Until you've done that, you don't know what focus and dedication is. You non-dads just don't have the experience yet to dominate us.

Steve

lacky
07-26-2005, 07:20 PM
n/m

mcpherzen
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the thread here, Skipper, and to everyone for their congrats and well-wishes. Mommy and baby have left the hospital and are both now resting at home, healthy and happy.

As my wife was getting close to delivering the other night, the hospital staff was rushing around in a panic -- 2 crash c-sections back to back, twins for the woman across the hall not looking good on the monitor, and another girl with her baby showing some kind of arythmia in her heartbeat. These poor kids are fighting for their lives before they're even born (and no doubt their moms and dads were basketcases) while I'm fortunate enough to be painlessly adding another perfectly healthy and beautiful baby girl to my family (already have a 3-year old who's probably already smarter than I am). As I was trying to process all of this, I felt pretty embarrassed about the last string of beats that I remembered whining about taking at the tables. While I may run hot and cold playing poker, there's no doubt I'm on the sickest heater ever in life dating back to, well, about the day I was born. I truly hope all of you can say the same thing, and that it will continue for all of us indefinitely.

--Zen

DrButch
07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Here's another important tip:

Watch the baby late at night. Provided you can play poker while rocking, you can be on the computer for hours with the cute one nestled in your arms. You get hours in playing, you get to snuggle, and your wife thinks you are wonderful.

wuwei
07-27-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the thread here, Skipper, and to everyone for their congrats and well-wishes. Mommy and baby have left the hospital and are both now resting at home, healthy and happy.

As my wife was getting close to delivering the other night, the hospital staff was rushing around in a panic -- 2 crash c-sections back to back, twins for the woman across the hall not looking good on the monitor, and another girl with her baby showing some kind of arythmia in her heartbeat. These poor kids are fighting for their lives before they're even born (and no doubt their moms and dads were basketcases) while I'm fortunate enough to be painlessly adding another perfectly healthy and beautiful baby girl to my family (already have a 3-year old who's probably already smarter than I am). As I was trying to process all of this, I felt pretty embarrassed about the last string of beats that I remembered whining about taking at the tables. While I may run hot and cold playing poker, there's no doubt I'm on the sickest heater ever in life dating back to, well, about the day I was born. I truly hope all of you can say the same thing, and that it will continue for all of us indefinitely.

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post, Zen, and huge congrats on the healthy addition to your family. I'm also finding it easier to keep things in perspective these days as a new father.

BAK
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
It is never too late. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Degen
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

microbet
07-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Congrats again. Healthy kids are enough luck. Thankfully my kids are both healthy, but we went through enough of a scare with one of them that we were one of those basketcases in the hospital.

The Yugoslavian
07-27-2005, 05:40 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This post definitely makes me happy.

I hope your life luckbox continues to pwn.

Yugoslav
Congrats on the little one!

SuitedSixes
07-28-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

Again Zen, congrats. It is too bad that it, often times, takes others' misfortune to put our own lives in perspective. The best quote that I ever read about fatherhood was from this tragic post. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2776410&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14)

[ QUOTE ]
It is an odd phenomenon that men start life so selfish and end it so humbled by their devotion to others. My children transformed me into a better person than I could have ever reached on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

GrekeHaus
07-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Congrats Zen. Had I been there, I would have made sure to yell "Ship it!" right as your wife was going into labor. /images/graemlins/wink.gif