PDA

View Full Version : Rants and Monologues forum?

BillsChips
07-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Is it just me do others think that this forum has greatly deteriorated over the last few weeks? Ranting and flaming seems to be the rule. Ironically, this post falls into that category as well. I see members who joined less than a month ago, yet have hundreds of posts to their name. What's up with that?

Can we get back to posts about Poker and cardrooms rather than rants like "I told that old guy to go F'k himself when he said I was being obnoxious"?

Rant completed.

Bill

sekrah
07-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I agree.. Some people just have nothing better to do with their time.

Luv2DriveTT
07-26-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree.. Some people just have nothing better to do with their time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, we have lots better to do, but it was fun pulling your chain for a little while Sekrah. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

2+2 already has a rants forum, its called OOT. Or if you feel like ranting about an individual here, it's news & gossip.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

BottlesOf
07-26-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me do others think that this forum has greatly deteriorated over the last few weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

JBB becomes mod, forum goes to hell...coincidence....?

I hope so....

Seriously though, if you guys want me to moderate with more of an iron fist and cut posts that aren't offensive necessarily, but just wastes of space, let me know.

TheCroShow
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
you should sticky a thread that says "Tipping threads will be deleted" there is a new one each day, it's ridiculous!

Chipr777
07-26-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, if you guys want me to moderate with more of an iron fist and cut posts that aren't offensive necessarily, but just wastes of space, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please do.

BillsChips
07-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I just lost 6 billion dollars at 2/4 and I'm thinking of moving up to 20/40 to earn a living. How much do I tip the old guys who berate my play?

rollingdirty
07-27-2005, 02:37 AM

BillsChips
07-27-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How have you been on here so long and your still a newbie?

[/ QUOTE ]

The newbie rating has to do with the number of posts, not longevity. I don't feel the need to add comments to every post, but I do read most of them. I'm here to gain information that might improve my game, not to win friends and influence people.

Bill

canis582
07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I would like to see more trip reports on here. I like the floor ruling posts too. Newbie questions, however, should be flamed mercilessly.

Trainwreck
07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Maybe create a voting poll on that, JBB?

Deleting the mentally ill's posts here would be wise IMHO.

New book customers may be offended... and OLD ones!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

YMMV! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

>TW<

evans075
07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Noticed the past two days that you've locked a few posts about tipping so, looks like your doing good. Just don't lock the posts about stories that are funny. Always need a laugh after a rough night.

Al_Capone_Junior
07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, well...

I took my computer in for servicing and left it for a couple of days, and lo a behold, the ferum has gone to heck since then!

Apparently my "comments" to a "particular poster" (who, BTW, I am still ignoring) were taken as "slightly offensive" to certain persons of slightly more "delicate constitution" than myself.

But even more humorous is the fact that a huge thread with my name in the title, started by another poster (whom, BTW, I am also ignoring) plus about fifteen billion responses to that (and some other threads), have arisen. These are apparently either as a direct consequence to my "questionable" post, or more likely, as a direct consequence of the lemming mentality that people seem to get into when it comes to flame wars.

I'm not going to get involved in any of these threads. To be honest, I haven't even read them, and don't intend to. Why? Because that's not what I come onto this particular forum to discuss. I want to discuss things having to do with B&M cardrooms.

Now some might say "well you started it all!" No. I didn't start it. I just made a post that got everyone else started on it. Did I go over the line? Sure. But IMO it needed to be said. The solution? Well, GoT could have done what most moderators do when a post is offensive, just delete it. But no problem, I'm glad it didn't get deleted. After all, I have somewhat of a "bad boy reputation" to uphold, which, by definition, means that every now and then I have to do something "bad." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now the test of a poster should be not just the number of posts they produce, but the intrinsic value of the comments and ideas they bring to a forum. To quote the OP here...

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Chips - I see members who joined less than a month ago, yet have hundreds of posts to their name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if you have hundreds of posts in a month, what does that mean? Well, it all boils down to the content of said posts. If you talk about relevant topics, and bring intelligent, well thought out ideas, well then keep right on posting. If you can't seem to get away from pointless flame wars and pointless threads on the exact same subject over and over (i.e. ten billion tipping or non-tipping threads), then perhaps you should just go away.

It is very unfortunate, but the popularity of poker and the vast growth of these forums is actually taking away from the overall quality of the forums. The 2+2 forums used to be completely uncensored (except for blatantly offensive or irrelevant posts, or advertising). I doubt this is going to remain feasible in the future, there are just too many people posting these days.

So on to JBB's question...
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please DO. These forums need the trolls and crapola pointless posts censored, otherwise the forums will eventually deteriorate to the point of being completely useless, and all the good posters will leave.

And hey, don't forget to keep deleting the offensive ones too, even MINE. I've had about three or four posts deleted over the many years I've been on these forums, and hey, I deserved to have them deleted. But the VAST majority of the time, I just post on relevant topics and keep things civilized. But I'm human, and I do get pissed the BLEEP off now and then, it happens.

My suggestion to all on this.............. Let's get back to business and discuss POKER again.

al

p.s. I'll STILL kick you in the nuts! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCx
07-27-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I would definitely enjoy seeing this happen.

Al_Capone_Junior
07-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Locking posts is an excellent way to kill a worthless topic / discussion without actually "censoring." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

scrub
07-27-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me do others think that this forum has greatly deteriorated over the last few weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

JBB becomes mod, forum goes to hell...coincidence....?

I hope so....

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly got of to a bad start with the tone you chose to set with the FAQ.

scrub

BottlesOf
07-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I will do my best. The problem is when it comes to posts that aren't rally offensive, but just stupid and discussed before. I don't want to make newer people feel unwelcome, and I don't want to be editing content to the point of censorship. What may appear as quality control to me, may be stifiling a legit conversation to someone else. So, In conclusion, I will cut a little more of the borderline stuff, but if anyone feels I've gone too far, please politely let me know, either in that thread or a new thread or a pm, and I will make the necessary adjustments in policy.

Al_Capone_Junior
07-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Forgot to mention...

Since I love ranting, and I love to hear myself talk /images/graemlins/grin.gif maybe the rants and monologs ferum should be the new...

Capone forum. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

BottlesOf
07-27-2005, 05:58 PM
We toned it down! I also think the tone of the sticky at the top has little to do with how the forum plays out.

Al_Capone_Junior
07-27-2005, 06:03 PM
I think the tone of the sticky FAQ up top is just fine. However, if someone thinks it needs CHANGING then you should SUGGEST CHANGES. Any good things that needs to be added / old things changed I'd be more than happy to edit. I really want that to be a good starting place for new readers, especially since it has my name in it.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
He's a MEGA-magoo. I've SEEN him play. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

bosulli
07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Let this be the first Al Jr. forum post.

I would rather peel a piece of gum off the carpet of the 4 Queens and stick it in my mouth, then to look at your goofy, ugly, dumb a$$ avatar one more time.

You look like the poster child for a degenerate Vegas half-way house.

How was that?

Al_Capone_Junior
07-28-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather peel a piece of gum off the carpet of the 4 Queens and stick it in my mouth, then to look at your goofy, ugly, dumb a$$ avatar one more time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bad, not bad at all. I think it would be funnier tho if it had been the el cortez. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

bosulli
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Glad, to see you have a quality sense of humor.