PDA

View Full Version : How to handle a "crap shoot"?

squeek12
07-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I play a wild $3/6 game at my local B&M(6-7 players per flop). It's usually very loose passive. I have been getting frustrated/bored lately, even though I usually manage to grind out 1-1.5 BB/hour there.

I play very TAG, more tight than most good players i guess. I've been considering bringing my VPIP way up, probably to maniac status. The players are sooooo bad postflop that I think it might be profitable, assuming I play well after the flop.

Is this a viable strategy for short term profits, and just as important, fun? Also, what type of hands, other than the obvious should I play to make this happen?

krimson
07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
It's not like there is really profit to be made at live 3/6. $5/hr maybe after rake and toke? Just play in a style that you find fun. Don't open up your game too much though or you just blowing off your BR.

shant
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
You're going to need a partner who is trusting and a decent amount of lube. Start slow at first.

Harv72b
07-26-2005, 05:34 PM
There's a reason you don't hear about successful pros with a VPIP of 50 in full limit hold'em. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

If your opponents in this game were loose/weak, vs. loose/passive, then I could see playing extremely loose until they start calling you down anyway (but first I'd ask you where your B&M is /images/graemlins/grin.gif). But against your typical loose/passives, I wouldn't want to increase my VPIP beyond the mid to high twenties--part of the perceived value of playing a ton of hands is that your opponents will fold if you flop top pair with 95s; if your opponents will always call with overcards, you lose a lot of value on mediocre hands like that (especially if you then feel obligated to keep leading when overcards come on the turn and/or river).

In a loose/passive game like you describe, I would definitely add suited connectors & suited aces from any position, and I couldn't imagine folding any pocket pair in an unraised pot before the flop. From LP on I would add KXs, suited 1 & 2 gappers depending on the number of limpers, and unsuited connectors 67 & up. Even if it's a 1:3 blind structure, I'd play any 2 suited from the SB with 4 or more limpers, maybe 3 if you could count on them padding the pot with worse hands when you connect.

callmedonnie
07-26-2005, 05:38 PM
why not jump up levels? there may be a few better players, but the fish will still be around. plus, you might not get bored, and you might even enjoy a tricky player or two at the table.

squeek12
07-26-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're going to need a partner who is trusting and a decent amount of lube. Start slow at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap shoot, not crap chute. Still, it was aweful sweet of you to offer your expertise on anal sex.

shant
07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Crap shoot, not crap chute. Still, it was aweful sweet of you to offer your expertise on anal sex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be angry. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

squeek12
07-26-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be angry. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not, just had to defend my manhood.