PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

squeek12
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
I just got a tetanus shot that I needed before entering law school. My dad wants to play golf tomorrow, but my arm is already getting sore. Will I be able to swing freely tomorrow, or should I just wait for the weekend? How long and how severe is the soreness in the arm after getting a tetanus shot?

ThaSaltCracka
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
why don't you call your doctor?

CORed
07-26-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone call a doctor when they can ask OOT?

MrTrik
07-26-2005, 04:07 PM
You'll be fine tomorrow. It doesn't last long.

squeek12
07-26-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone call a doctor when they can ask OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because my doctor has better things to do than answer questions about golf and tetanus shots. The nurse who administered the shot told me no golf tomorrow, but she was old, and a woman, whereas I am a true manly man. And I trust OOT way more than any stupid doctor anyway.

bd8802
07-26-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I trust OOT way more than any stupid doctor anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should seriously consider killing yourself.

Jersey Nick
07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
It's not chemo. Go play golf.

dcasper70
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
If it hurts tomorrow, you'll play better.

You'll swing easier to minimize the pain, resulting in more solid ball striking and higher frequency of pure hits.
You'll have lower expectations, and will be very happy when you shoot a relatively average score.
You'll have a built in excuse when you start to fall apart around the 14th tee....

squeek12
07-26-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A great sense of humor you must have. NH sir.

squeek12
07-26-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You'll swing easier to minimize the pain, resulting in more solid ball striking and higher frequency of pure hits.
You'll have lower expectations, and will be very happy when you shoot a relatively average score.
You'll have a built in excuse when you start to fall apart around the 14th tee....

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is good advice. I've often wondered why my best rounds usually come after a night of heavy drinking. The only thing I could come up with is that it hurts so badly to move my head that it remains amazingly still through my swing. The putter also feels heavier, which makes my stroke a touch smoother.

dcasper70
07-26-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is good advice. I've often wondered why my best rounds usually come after a night of heavy drinking. The only thing I could come up with is that it hurts so badly to move my head that it remains amazingly still through my swing. The putter also feels heavier, which makes my stroke a touch smoother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's settled! Drink heavily tonight!!!

[censored]
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
unless the doctor also attached a vagina as well as giving you a shot you should golf tomorrow.

pokerdirty
07-26-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he trusts OOTiots more than a doctor, he won't even have to do it himself...

ThaSaltCracka
07-26-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whereas I am a true manly man.

[/ QUOTE ] Do you realize this doesn't fit with your original post? If you were such a manly man, you wouldn't need to ask this [censored] question, pussy.

squeek12
07-26-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Do you realize this doesn't fit with your original post? If you were such a manly man, you wouldn't need to ask this [censored] question, pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

a little concept I've named "irony."

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a little concept I've named "irony."

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't irony.

squeek12
07-26-2005, 06:25 PM
I seem to be incredibly adept at screwing up comebacks. Maybe I should stick to self-deprecating humor, since there seems to be lots of self to deprecate.