PDA

View Full Version : Find me a raise or a fold here with mid/bottom pair.

baronzeus
07-26-2005, 03:04 PM
My original plan was to C/R any non-broadway on the turn.

he is LAG

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

imported_CaseClosed326
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I do it the same way.

irishpint
07-26-2005, 03:43 PM
well w/ his river check behind i am guessing you won the hand, not that it matters. but what about capping the flop heads up, is that spewing big time? as it is i dont think i can find a fold. if i c/r the turn i am folding to a 3bet, which is cool w/ me. maybe bet the river and fold to a raise? (WA/WB i guess).

RunDownHouse
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
What about the exact opposite line? C/R the flop and call down to any further aggression? You take back the initiative from all the AK-type hands he 3bets with and have 2 squeeky clean outs and 4 more mostly clean ones in case you are behind.

How much I like this line depends on my read of villian.

MyssGuy
07-26-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the exact opposite line? C/R the flop and call down to any further aggression? You take back the initiative from all the AK-type hands he 3bets with and have 2 squeeky clean outs and 4 more mostly clean ones in case you are behind.

How much I like this line depends on my read of villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. The flop c/r will give you control back and give you a better idea of where you're at.

witeknite
07-26-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm not partial to a check the flop, check the turn line. I think you end up giving to many free cards. I like to c/r the flop and lead the turn w/ these kind of hands.

WiteKnite

sammy_g
07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not partial to a check the flop, check the turn line. I think you end up giving to many free cards. I like to c/r the flop and lead the turn w/ these kind of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that is my line, too. This is a great flop for hero, but his hand is vulnerable. Play it strongly.

Edit: I also like to lead, then 3 bet in this spot.

sammy_g
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i c/r the turn i am folding to a 3bet, which is cool w/ me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you have odds to chase your 6 outs by this point.

mantasm
07-26-2005, 05:37 PM
How about you check call the flop then bet the turn. You keep the pot just small enough so that he can't really correctly draw to overcards on the turn if he has them (which is only true if you don't pay him off on the river if he hits). You have odds to draw to your 6 outer if you're raised. He may also fold JJ or TT or top or middle pair, probably not though if he's loose.

slik
07-26-2005, 05:46 PM
its not profitable to play hands this passively against LAGs. you lose the maximum when he gets lucky and hits on the river ... and he loses the minimum when he checks down his overcards on the river. raising the flop here is standard. raising the turn is fine too; the queen is not all that scary looking a card. you can check the river UI with the intention of calling if he bets. but you really need to punish him at some point for his overaggression.