PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge, La.

hoopsie44
07-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Have to go there on business next week. Any good places to drink/eat that anyone can recommend ?

jakethebake
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Try Mulate's (pronounced MYU lahts). It's a cajun place.

Creole
07-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Hooter's on College is always a good place. For more upscale try Sullivan's, Melting Pot, Ruth's Chris, and for great Mexican/margaritas/hot chicks at the bar try Ninfas. All on College Dr. Upscale drinks with mellow atmosphere, try Fox and Hound. For young hot chicks and shot specials go to Fred's near campus.

TMFS9
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Where are you staying, while there's nothing wrong with all of the places that the first guy mentioned, I assume you might want to try something different than the chain restaurants, correct?

hoopsie44
07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 3330 Harding Blvd.

jakethebake
07-26-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 3330 Harding Blvd.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you tried citysearch.com?

TMFS9
07-26-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure what you have to do, but I would definitely recommend another section of town if possible. First it's not the best area around and second you're really not going to find anything really to do near your hotel.

But if you are stuck staying there my best advice would be hop on interstate 110 to I-10 take that to college drive because there are a number of places around there, mostly what the first poster mentioned (hooters, fox and the hound). In this shopping center sullivans is a good steak restaurant and has a popular little martini bar in it. Jubans is a really popular upscale (dinner about 25-30 bucks for an entree) creole restuarant somewhat close to you, I would highly recommend it. For going out and drinking, just outside the LSU campus is a popular restaurant/bar called Chimes with something like 80 beers on tap. Next to the chimes is the Varsity, a nightclub with a 20-25ish crowd. Another place would be a newer sushi bar downtown called Tsunami's, I just went there for the first time last week. It has a nice modern feel to it and is in the 6th floor of the new Shaw Center for Arts.