PDA

View Full Version : STEP 5 $1000 + 65 75/150 blinds

Falker11
07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
75/150 7 players left

Villian (1700) UTG + 1 min raises to 300.
He has been a pretty loose raiser, and has usually raised more than this, however he had minraised from EP 2 other times and has won the blinds both times.

Folds to Hero on Button (1500) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
hero pushes

I have made it to this step five by qualifing all the way from step one (one shot at each level), and I know I am not near the level of some of the sharks at this table (though I'm not terrible in comparison either). What do you think of this push. I feel it would be pretty hard for villian to call without a real strong hand because a call will leave him crippled. Also JT suited does have some decent all in value. I'm really just trying to not lose my folding equity by sitting the back and letting the blinds eat me alive

Falker

The Don
07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I like it the resteal here especially in a Step 5. I think the raiser needs JJ+ or AK to make this call... a very narrow range given that you say he is loose.

Falker11
07-26-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess from the lack of responses in proportion to the veiws everyone thinks this is a no-brianer push?
anyone disagree?

Falker

Ricardido
07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I like it- though you can see villain making this weird play with AA sometimes. (well i have anyway)

Ogre
07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Who is the villian?

Falker11
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I dont remember his name offhand, I am at work now, but I will look it up and post when I get home.

Falker

Ixnert
07-26-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it- though you can see villain making this weird play with AA sometimes. (well i have anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]

Though if villain does have AA, JTs is nearly the best case scenario. (Or rather, medium suited connectors in general.)

No experience anywhere near these stakes, but I do like the resteal.

Falker11
07-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Villian is NativeMaster

-Falker

kyro
07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
It is an incredibly ballsy push given that you have worked your way up from Step 1. Good play or not, I have to give you serious props for being able to squash the fear of playing at a level way above you.

That being said, villain has to call 1200 more to win 2000 or so, assuming both blinds fold. I think assuming villain needs to have a monster here is wishful thinking, especially if he's not afraid of variance.

THAT BEING SAID, I think this play can be slightly EV for you. If you take this down without a fight, you're well above average and can use that stack to your advantage. I'm guessing this a slightly +EV play with very high variance.

Falker11
07-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Villian called and showed A9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif but I got lucky and hit a straight on the river.

I went on to HU with a 2:1 chip lead over ActionMonkey, and got all in ith my 99 vs KJ...couldnt pull that one out and never came back

Took 2nd and 2500

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I thought it was a good push for me and kinda a ballzy call by him, however a right call nonetheless.

-Falker