PDA

View Full Version : SNG Tracker vs. Poker Tracker

Gomez22
07-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I have PT, but have been interested a bit by SNG tracker. Can anyone out there give me some pros and cons of ST compared to PT or just an overall opinion about ST?

Is it something I should consider getting even though I have PT?

mlagoo
07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
They aren't mutually exclusive by any means.

And SNG Tracker is free.

So you should probably get it.

It just keeps track of your profit and the like. If you're interested in keeping close tabs on that sort of thing (most poker players are), it's useful. Not sure why having PT would make you less inclined to get SNG Tracker.

Wes ManTooth
07-26-2005, 01:55 PM
PRO: SNG tracker is free... thats all you need to know

The Don
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Imports are way easier on SnG tracker and there are those nice little graphs.

morgan180
07-26-2005, 02:19 PM
there's no hidden tax??

Wes ManTooth
07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's no hidden tax??

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, no, it's complementary.

sahala
07-26-2005, 03:15 PM
One thing that is a little better with poker tracker is the hand replayer and the stats it keeps on hands played. Unfortuanetly, however, stats on how you play K7o are meaningless without tournament context, so poker tracker isn't as useful.

What I have been doing with SNG tracker is observing overall trends (the graphs are great) to identify problem areas, then looking at specific games for leaks. Right now I'm trying to figure out the filters feature.

I like it because it's simple for SNG use and involves less hassle.

bluewilde
07-26-2005, 03:17 PM
How do I import games from stars? With party/empire they're in a nice neat little folder...

sahala
07-26-2005, 03:30 PM
It looks like the only way is to import your history first into PokerTracker, then point SNG tracker to your Pokertracker database to pull the converted hand histories. This is probably too tedius. The website (sng.pokercomment.com) seems to indicate that auto-import from other sites is on the way. Right now it's pretty much just party skins.

If you're any good with scripting languages you could probably write a stars to party HH translation script.

ZebraAss
07-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Is there an updated version where it tracks files that have more then one game on a table?

sahala
07-26-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there an updated version where it tracks files that have more then one game on a table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know there were holdem/go-fish hybrid tables. Which site are you playing at? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I assume you're asking if it handles multi-tabling, which it does. I've been able to 3-4 table just fine.

KingDan
07-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I have already input all my SNG input into PT, would there be a way to quickly import that to SNGTracker?

morgan180
07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
i have been searching for the link to the tracker for at least 20 minutes - which is all the patience i have. can someone throw up a link to this thing?

thanks.

zaphod
07-26-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have been searching for the link to the tracker for at least 20 minutes - which is all the patience i have. can someone throw up a link to this thing?

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Search for the user Hood.