PDA

View Full Version : hand I was uncomfortable with

bugstud
07-26-2005, 12:37 PM
9 handed 30/60 party. Both opps are 30/20/2 type players

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">MP raises, I 3bet, CO caps, we call</font>.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP bets, I call, raise, call, call

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO bets, call, I call

River: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP bets, I call, CO calls

Final Pot:

Fianchetto
07-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't really see what you could have done differently.

etizzle
07-26-2005, 01:53 PM
well both folding the turn and raising the river seem reasonable, albeit very close.

On the turn he has at absolute best 7 outs, but a high percentage of the time he has only 4 (often to a chop) or totally dead to JJ or QQ. If he always has 4 totally clean outs (his opponents have exactly AA and KK always), then he is getting just barely the odds he needs to call.

As evidenced by the way this played out his implied odds dont help much as he's only comfortable with one bet going in on the river.

bugstud
07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well both folding the turn and raising the river seem reasonable, albeit very close.

On the turn he has at absolute best 7 outs, but a high percentage of the time he has only 4 (often to a chop) or totally dead to JJ or QQ. If he always has 4 totally clean outs (his opponents have exactly AA and KK always), then he is getting just barely the odds he needs to call.

As evidenced by the way this played out his implied odds dont help much as he's only comfortable with one bet going in on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt pretty comfortable with putting in the one bet on the river, just I'd prefer to be the bettor. Kinda sucked all around.

etizzle
07-26-2005, 02:34 PM
yeah i just meant you didnt want to raise it, and that if you got raised you would have to puke and cry-call with what is very likely to be the loser.

ike
07-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Looks good to me.