PDA

View Full Version : Signs You Play Too Much Poker...(low content)

coffeecrazy1
07-26-2005, 10:59 AM
A post in the OOT forum inspired this thread. A guy, not talking about poker at all, said that he went on tilt in real life...so:

Signs You Play Too Much Poker:
Referring to getting angry, regardless of the situation, as tilting.
When taking out credit card to pay for anything, you flick it perfectly under the hand of the cashier.
Referring to good things, like foods or movies, as the nuts.

What are some others?

rory
07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
rapping the counter to thank the cashier when you get change at the store

NH CASHIER

etizzle
07-26-2005, 12:07 PM
i just laughed out loud at work and almost got caught reading this

TheWorstPlayer
07-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I have friends (at work no less!) who 'go all-in' on things like restaurant suggestions for lunch.

"Yo, anyone wanna go to Wendy's?"
"Yeah, dog, I'm all-in on Wendy's!"

Holy [censored]!

M2d
07-26-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have friends (at work no less!) who 'go all-in' on things like restaurant suggestions for lunch.

Holy [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a sign they watch too much poker on TV and/or play too much small buy in home game tournaments.

Edge34
07-26-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this...far too much...

Ryno
07-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Sweet....

Mine would be flipping my menu perfectly on top of the "muck" after ordering at a restaurant. Or...when it is my turn to order, I look left first.

danvh
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet....

Mine would be flipping my menu perfectly on top of the "muck" after ordering at a restaurant. Or...when it is my turn to order, I look left first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be worse..When asked if your ready to order you could tap the table and say check.

housenuts
07-26-2005, 02:21 PM
when sitting in class sometimes i find myself thinking intently on previous hands. i can notice myself blink during these times. i'm sure if anyone looked at me (luckily i'm hideous and unappealing to the average viewer) they could probably see i was concentrating very hard.
sometimes when the hand gets really intense, i put on my sunglasses.

coffeecrazy1
07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
So...what you're saying is that you have a tell when you're about to order? I've got that in my notes now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Equal
07-26-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

DcifrThs
07-26-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

phhhhhhhhhht...it gets worse than that.

in a VA game i used to play in this guy and his friend sit down. both college age. both play too loose and both bad players playing pot limit...

one of them goes to his friend, "yo man, this guy was tryin to tell me some BS story and i called his bluff man...i was like "yea buddy im all in."" i almost chortled my beer....

its funny too because when you believe somebody is bluffing at poker, you dont raise them, you call...so its even worse b/c the guy didn't even understand the point he was trying to make...

to this day i still laugh about those two jokers.

-Barron

J_V
07-26-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its funny too because when you believe somebody is bluffing at poker, you dont raise them, you call

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a man who always has it.

DcifrThs
07-26-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its funny too because when you believe somebody is bluffing at poker, you dont raise them, you call

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a man who always has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea yea...but it was the idea! lol

-Barron

TheWorstPlayer
07-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Honestly, as funny as that story is, I think it might be more pathetic that we are laughing about these stories and writing about them on a poker board. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

07-27-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its funny too because when you believe somebody is bluffing at poker, you dont raise them, you call...

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. When you both have trash, and you both know it, the first guy to go all in wins the pot.

Indiana
07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
What about referring to your daily finances as your "bankroll?"

Indy

coffeecrazy1
07-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Crap...I do that.

CCass
07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this...far too much...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Aces McGee
07-27-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NH CASHIER

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. Another instance where I do it is when I'm at the deli or something and the guy hands me my sandwich. I can't help it; I'm just in the habit.

Ugh. I hate me.

-McGee

CripAces
07-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I have a friend who in his blog described his attempts to get with a girls as a poker hand. It has to be some of the funniest writing in the world. Between us though we us poker terms waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much in causl conversation.

Today is preflop. I need to do some raises to see where I am at. But with my attitude, I will probably end up checking and thus [censored] myself up on the flop because I didn't use my chance to gain additional information to support my initial read.

yesterday was the flop. Here was the action.
She checked. I bet. She raised?
Yes, she did a check-raise on me. Talk about throwing a curveball.

(but I have the lead now)

Thursday's action: Before the river card came, I asked her what she wanted to do. She said she would bet. I'm like betting is good. It shows strength.
Today was the turn: she checked; I checked.
(I have the lead, though I'm not sure how strong)

So the river action went like this: She bets, I raised, she called. We held the same cards.

stinkypete
07-27-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who in his blog described his attempts to get with a girls as a poker hand. It has to be some of the funniest writing in the world. Between us though we us poker terms waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much in causl conversation.

Today is preflop. I need to do some raises to see where I am at. But with my attitude, I will probably end up checking and thus [censored] myself up on the flop because I didn't use my chance to gain additional information to support my initial read.

yesterday was the flop. Here was the action.
She checked. I bet. She raised?
Yes, she did a check-raise on me. Talk about throwing a curveball.

(but I have the lead now)

Thursday's action: Before the river card came, I asked her what she wanted to do. She said she would bet. I'm like betting is good. It shows strength.
Today was the turn: she checked; I checked.
(I have the lead, though I'm not sure how strong)

So the river action went like this: She bets, I raised, she called. We held the same cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this might be the dumbest thing i've read on this board.

PokerBabe(aka)
07-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Dreaming about poker is a sign of playing too much.

Also, seeing hand combinations in license plates.

Btw, I have often talked about "golf tilt" and tilt in other situations as well.

this is a fun thread.

LGPG

babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NH CASHIER

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this sort of thing way too much, even at work.

"Alan, nice job on the Smithers account (rap, rap)."

Los Feliz Slim
07-28-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dreaming about poker is a sign of playing too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I dream about poker, which is often, I'm ALWAYS winning. Huge. I usually am trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to get all my chips, which are stacked to the ceiling, back to the cage to cash out.