PDA

View Full Version : WPT Legends $100 Sat, Final Hand Review

MeanGreenTT
07-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I've been building the bankroll lately at the 22s, 250 tracked games over the last month or so but have continued to mix in my love of loves, MTTs, to keep from going insane /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The last couple of days I've played in the $2 Super Satellite on Paradaise for a $100 seat into the main event, top 5 are paid with #1 and #2 winning a $6500 seat in the California WPT Event.

Saturday I spent $6 and won 1 of 8 seats awarded out of the 170 players that started...ended up finishing 17th in the main event that nite /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I took a shot again on Sunday, same circumstances and again seated for $6 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That game started at 11pm last nite and although I busted out 15th this time, out of 180, I still feel pretty good about my play....anyway, I think there's really only one way to play this hand, but I'd like to hear any arguements for the alternative, thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And just to note, seems I unexpectedly ran into a fellow 2+2'r and got called a "Trout" /images/graemlins/blush.gif but all's well in the world /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Converter doesn't seem to like me, I have T2938 after posting and vilian has T29,000. No read as they just recently formed the final 2 tables but he didn't seem to be using his stack well at all.

Paradise Poker (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of 600.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero checks then pushes the Flop....or pushes now?

Thanks.

betgo
07-26-2005, 11:06 AM
A stop and go is probably better, but you could play it either way.

It is lind of like the hand I got busted out with JTo in the SB the round before. You just have to gamble here defending your blind.

I don't know what cards you had, but you took a long time to play a hand. You got blinded down pretty bad (I should talk). I realize the big stacks were limping and raising a lot of hands. However, you should look for an opportunity to push before you get so low.

locutus2002
07-26-2005, 11:17 AM
A UTG-limper is hardly attacking your blind.

I wouldn't push unless I had something. Villain is likely to play passively, now and next hand on your small blind.

MeanGreenTT
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A stop and go is probably better, but you could play it either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think about then, or at least I didn't take as long as I should've. The reason I even mention it at all was a similar situation on a repeat episode of WPT.

Short stack raises with JJ. He's re-raised by late position player and if he calls he'll be leaving about 1/2 his stack behind. He obviously pushed and was called by AK, spiking a King and getting busted. Mike Sexton mentioned that he could've flat-called then pushed on the blank Flop...seems like a marginal play with short chips, but I guess it's an option, thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
It is lind of like the hand I got busted out with JTo in the SB the round before. You just have to gamble here defending your blind.

I don't know what cards you had, but you took a long time to play a hand. You got blinded down pretty bad (I should talk). I realize the big stacks were limping and raising a lot of hands. However, you should look for an opportunity to push before you get so low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know what you mean! I thought the same thing about you pushing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Almost every opportunity I got, one of the big stacks would raise, etc and take away any positional play I had, I remember 2 specifically...HATED going out that way, but maybe I shoulda picked one of those spots where they limped and simply pushed.

Either way, as we talked, I feel pretty good about the 2 solid finishes that show nothing more than I'm a loser that can outlast 170 other swinging richards /images/graemlins/grin.gif

betgo
07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A UTG-limper is hardly attacking your blind.

I wouldn't push unless I had something. Villain is likely to play passively, now and next hand on your small blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care whether UTG limper is attacking his blind. He is pot committed and has to play this hand. 98o is a good enough hand in this situation and may not be that much worse than what limper has.

You could check and only push if you make a pair, a gutshot, or something. However, you want to see 5 cards and there is some chance a stop and go will make villain fold.

betgo
07-28-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Almost every opportunity I got, one of the big stacks would raise, etc and take away any positional play I had, I remember 2 specifically...HATED going out that way, but maybe I shoulda picked one of those spots where they limped and simply pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who I guess knew me from 2+2 was commenting on how I got blinded down. I kept looking for an oportunity to open push, but someone was in the pot early practically every hand. In this situation, yo may need to look for your best real hand.

Part of the reason for all this action was there were a lot of bad players, since most of them came from subsatellites like us. These WPT satellites seem to atract a lot of fish any. The early play in this suupersatellite was terrible.

Also, since there were only two seats, it played like a winner take all tournament with a lot of aggression rather than like a typical supersatellite with very tight cautious play later on. It probably got tight once it was down to about 4 players.