PDA

View Full Version : still physically ill, looking into the matter II

stokken
07-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Same session same maniac, he has tried troughout the session to get hu with most players trough sheer agression and bett the hell out of whomever is against him, he is still playing half the hands delt

This is some way into the session and maybe I am tilting abit towards this player cause he is running real hot, spiking everything, runner runners 2 outers etc u name it

He is bb this time, folded to me KK black I raise. All but bb folds he reraises and I cap

Flopp Ac,Ah,Ad

He checks, I bet he calls

Turn Qh
He checks I bet , he raises I cap

And so fort until end

Who slows down on this flopp or to the agression from the opposition( felt like a sucker after this one, and rapidly tilted away a few pots against same player before realising I was completely off my game)

crunchy1
07-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Two comments...

#1 - If Villian in this hand is a true maniac and holds the ace I'm losing many BBs here. There's not much I can do and I'm not going to feel bad about it. I'm definitely not slowing down at any point.

#2 - You say...
[ QUOTE ]
Same session same maniac, he has tried troughout the session to get hu with most players trough sheer agression and bett the hell out of whomever is against him... ...This is some way into the session and maybe I am tilting abit towards this player cause he is running real hot...

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is: Is he really a maniac running hot - or is that what you're seeing through your tilt-goggles? Is there a possibility that there is a method behind his madness?

IMO, there's a HUGE gap between an ultra-LAG maniac who acts without any thought and a maniac who actually has reasons (whether they're right or wrong) for what he's doing.

ArturiusX
07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
The LAGs with good reasons for doing what they do are some of the toughest players to play against, because the stakes are so high.

TAGs are much easier to play because they'll never go beserk, only trap you. Good LAGs trap you with enormous pot sizes.

TripleH68
07-26-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he is still playing half the hands delt

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think this makes it more likely he has an ace?