PDA

View Full Version : $215s - TT Decision

Unarmed
07-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Limp to induce a short stack push.
YAY!
Uh oh, a flat call, time to fold.
Er, wait, this guy just doubled up by pushing A4o with 15bb.
Your move.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2090)
Hero (t1955)
CO (t1015)
Button (t3060)
SB (t715)
BB (t1165)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t150, Button calls t1015, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t940, folds to Hero ???

tigerite
07-26-2005, 08:04 AM
He pushed A4o from the SB, I presume? Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, yeah, and I don't rate TT to be really good enough to be doing this fancy trapping malarkey with, either. Better to do standard 3bb raise if you ask me.

iMsoLucky0
07-26-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1 fold, Hero calls t150, Button calls t1015, 2 folds, Button calls t940, folds to Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, please clarify.

Unarmed
07-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Sorry, I limp, CO pushes, big stack calls, its folded to me.
The A4o hand he was like MP or something, and pushed into an UTG limper who also had 15bb.
It was bizarre.

tigerite
07-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Well, given that, I push I guess, still don't like how you played this hand though

Unarmed
07-26-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, given that, I push I guess, still don't like how you played this hand though

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping TT there is standard for me when there's a shorty in the blinds and scary big stack(s) still to act. QQ-KK I raise. AA I probably raise, maybe limp. I don't mind *wasting* TT with 13BB, and since I can outplay these donkeys on the flop most of the time anyway it's not the end of the world if no one pushes.

If anyone else thinks this is a stupid way to play 88-TT feel free to comment.

tigerite
07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I didn't say it was stupid, far from it, just think a standard raise would be fine as you have 13BB, as you are less likely to get played back at from the big stacks, and you can fold to them if they do and still have 10BB? I guess it is close between the limp and raise, though.

Edit: And I think shorty would still push over your raise anyway with anything resembling a hand, so it wouldn't matter.

schwza
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
seems like big stack can have a wide range here, and so can the shorty pusher. if you win, you'll have 5k = good times. i like a push.

the limp is interesting - i would autoraise there.

curtains
07-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Of course there are many ways to play poker and win, but I would never limp TT there. Way too fancy and unneccessary for me.

xLukex
07-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I think if we're playing for first, we push here.

I can't even beat $11s!

Big Limpin'
07-26-2005, 01:01 PM
I think the limp is cool. I presume you would call the original push. You are more likely to induce a push froma dominated shorty than you are for same hand to call your rasie/push.

However, I dont rate TT as one of my favs to be calling my way into a 3 way pot though. Perhaps if i p/f raised (not push) like t500 or something, that would change things, and id just grit my teeth and go for it...but yeah, here, being only in for a t150 limp, and having to chose between:

1) Playing a 3 way pot and just hoping they hold some of each others outs, or donked me with &lt;99, A&lt;9, or something to give me more than 1/3 equity, or,

2) Writing off the 1BB limp as an investment that did not result in a clearly +EV situation for me (read: folding),

I think im going to do the latter most times. If you can sit back and watch 2 villains fight each other in a freezout tourney, thats GOOD remember? Contrast your +$EV of seeing them fight to the death with your -$EV of writing off that limp.

Just because the dude showed an A4o before doesnt mean thats what he has now. Donks get dealt JJ+, AJ+, KJ+, QJ too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bottom line: i dont think this is a clearly +EV move. Best case scenario is probably you winning 50% of the time. Yeah you cold crush if you drag the whole thing, but you are gone/crippled half the time too. Why [censored] with a t2000 situation unnecessarily?

BL' (not a 215er)