PDA

View Full Version : KJo BB hand Party 15.

bunky9590
07-26-2005, 08:00 AM
MP in this hand is really loose passive for the most part, preflop and is erratic postflop. Has moments of just retarded blind rando aggression though.

MP1 open limps (yuck) Button overlimps, Sb completes, I check my option with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Flop J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Sb check, I bet, MP1 calls, button calls, Sb folds.

Turn J /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, MP1 calls, button folds.

River K /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, MP1 raises, I three bet, MP1 caps. I call.

Do they always wait to pull the trigger til the end? Does anyone slow down prior to that? If the river bricks off is it a very simple bet and call a raise?

SCfuji
07-26-2005, 08:08 AM
nice hand fish.

bunky9590
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nice hand fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the one where I had AA against KK in a 4 way capped PF hand when the final board was K64A2. Nice turn resuck for a $660 pot fish. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This one was just weird. And with him showing no aggression, he's either got the flush or is drawing. I cnat give a free card on the turn. Betting the river is still right if it bricks off ya?

anatta
07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they always wait to pull the trigger til the end? Does anyone slow down prior to that? If the river bricks off is it a very simple bet and call a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

The flopped nut flush is correct to slowplay the flop here. On the turn, raising is the play, wanting to charge the king while he still has hope. Perhaps feared board pairing again and wanted to see...not the safe card it appeared, huh?

Slow down prior to that? Not sure what this means, of course bet trips on turn when just called. River brick...bet and just call raise, that river raise means flush since forever it seems. Hmm, maybe check to induce a bluff is good if river brick since it sure looks like a draw or slowplay...might conclude just drawing too and try to steal it, plus save some money if slowplaying...

SCfuji
07-26-2005, 08:37 AM
bet call looks good. he can be stupid aggro so give him the opportunity to be himself. what about if you are popped on the turn? quick 3 bet or go for a check raise on a non heart river? or do even bad 15 players not fall for that line?

hicherbie
07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
trips with a vg kicker. why wouldnt you bet the river?

bunky9590
07-26-2005, 09:22 AM
My default is to bet the river. Just want sure if I get popped can I possibly be good (well unless I boat up) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bunky9590
07-26-2005, 09:23 AM
yeah, the nut flush is surely correct to slowplay, but with no raising anywhere There's no way I can take my foot off the gas. He didnt have the nut flush BTW. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

philnewall
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Completely standard.

SCfuji
07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
its going to be an 8.5bb pot after the crazy raises you on the river. 8.5:1 (not even 12%) against a crazy with you holding trip Js with most likely the best kicker given the limp. looks good to me. i think youll see a random king, a weak J, or a bluff here enough times to call the river.

hicherbie
07-26-2005, 09:39 AM
if he pops you again on the blank you are probably beaten, but you should still call the raise for the reasons fuji has already stated.

DeeJ
07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
For a start I'd be raising since my hand is better than the average limping hand. The rest of it looks goot.

PokerBob
07-26-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they always wait to pull the trigger til the end? Does anyone slow down prior to that? If the river bricks off is it a very simple bet and call a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've played more poker than most, so IMO you know the answer to the first question. I don't slow down here, but a turn raise would make me sick. I bet/call if the river is a blank.

bunky9590
07-26-2005, 11:51 AM
KJs I pop it between heartbeats. OOP with KJo in a bloated pot is just bleh. Probably pretty close to 0 EV.

bunky9590
07-26-2005, 11:52 AM
In my experience, its the turn raise from the flush that is the indicator. Shame on this cat for waiting to pull the trigger.

SCfuji
07-26-2005, 02:20 PM
i dont think waiting until the river to raise with the flush is as terrible as capping the river.

PokerBob
07-26-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my experience, its the turn raise from the flush that is the indicator. Shame on this cat for waiting to pull the trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, shame on him. Now keep stacking his chips. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerBob
07-26-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think waiting until the river to raise with the flush is as terrible as capping the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I'm tempted to play it the same as villain, but I'm puke/calling when hero 3-bets that river.

ike
07-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I like the raise. People make horrible (FTOP-wise) folds on the flop after you raise your BB here. And I'm sure KJ has at least its share of pot equity after idiot limpers even if everyone got to showdown.